Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Lez

Rodri

5 minutes ago, Keith Welch said:

Looked well up for it. Need some of that aggression from Semenyo.

Semenyo was to busy giving away free kicks 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Think people need to be patient with how long it'll take for him to be ready for 90 mins, very effective playing the last 30 or so atm

28 minutes ago, Keith Welch said:

Looked well up for it. Need some of that aggression from Semenyo.

Definitely agree. Got stuck in straight away and wound up the centre backs . Seemed also to play ok with Palmer 

• Like 1

Well impressed. Did more in about his first 7 minutes tonight than Semenyo did all game. 

Reminds me of Baldock/Taylor in his style, constantly harrying and looks to have that niggly grit about him. Showed a great touch and nearly set one up and could have scored one too. 

Looks a solid addition and surely has to start on Sunday. 

Edited by BRISTOL86
  • Like 8

23 minutes ago, hodge said:

Think people need to be patient with how long it'll take for him to be ready for 90 mins, very effective playing the last 30 or so atm

It’s true but circumstances dictate he’ll be starting Sunday I would think.

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

It’s true but circumstances dictate he’ll be starting Sunday I would think.

Would be tempted with Weimann upfront with a 10 behind him

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Him and Semenyo both did well. Unsure about Rodri's finishing just yet...

I think, at the moment, the game seems to be passing Antoine by. I'd like to see him get some of Rodri's and Matty Taylors feistiness in his game.

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Seriously? He looked awful. 

Thought he held the ball up and played it on quite nicely no?

Won a couple of free kicks. Movement was pretty abject.

2 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Honestly I thought he was pretty dire all round (could be talking about anyone in the first half to be fair). 

But as I said above for me, Rodri showed more in a few minutes than Semenyo did in the 50-odd or whatever he had. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I think that's very rose-tinted. 

He looked well out of his depth. The game passed him by. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Semenyo was quiet in the first and think he struggled to know his role. Seemed a bit better end of first half as he linked up better.

Second half it seemed he was more a lone striker with Weimann wide. Began to look very good. Was much more involved and looked strong and linked up well.

Once again like Preston game LJ made big changes in subs and formation when we looked solid, were dominating and Semenyo was looking really confident and playing well.

Not complaining now but wasn't happy with the subs at the time! We looked a bit all over the place after that for a while. Glad LJs gamble worked!

14 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Seriously? He looked awful. 

1st half I agree but 2nd half I thought he was starting to look a lot better just before he was subbed.

6 minutes ago, Chris_Brown said:

I think that's very rose-tinted. 

He looked well out of his depth. The game passed him by. 

Don't you think second half he was playing well before being subbed? First half he was quiet. Weimann wasn't great either to be fair in that first half.

I still can't believe how strong Semenyo is for a 19 year old. Ridiculous.

13 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Stan, I think you need to put down your Semenyo fleshlight* for another evening. He was marginally better than he has been in recent games but he still performed below the level required. He needs to get his goal soon or I fear it could ruin him. 

*please don't google this if you're in public.

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Don't you think second half he was playing well before being subbed? First half he was quiet. Weimann wasn't great either to be fair in that first half.

I still can't believe how strong Semenyo is for a 19 year old. Ridiculous.

There was improvement, sure, but not enough for my liking. And also a vast vast improvement on his appearance against Reading(?). 

He has some physical attributes that will stand him in good stead as he develops but he needs some coaching on how to read the game, for large parts of the game he just looked lost. 

Weimann wasn't great, but he was the one trying to lead the line and initiate a press. Perhaps I am less critical of him due to his effort level, he is consistently one of our hardest workers. 

I would be looking for a League One loan for Semenyo in January, provided we can fill the home grown quota with someone else, and then look to bring him back in around the first team next season.

Apologies for detailing the thread. I liked the look of Rodri and I'd start him alongside Weimann with Palmer in behind them on Sunday if we feel we can get at least an hour or so out of Rodri. 

• Like 1

Needs to get match sharp, and get some finishing practice in, but great performance tonight. Energetic, strong, held the ball up remarkably well, got an assist. Give him the start Sunday

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Brann-red said:

Definitely agree. Got stuck in straight away and wound up the centre backs . Seemed also to play ok with Palmer 

Liked what I saw (via Robinstv) briefly in terms of movement on Saturday, tonight I saw live what a good touch he has, his strong he is.  Exactly one of those pesky strikers I wouldn’t have liked to mark.  Hides the ball really well, and should’ve earned far more free-kicks than he did.

re bit in bold - still early days, but Palmer needs players he thinks he can give the ball to and think he has a good chance of getting it back.  He was looking for him all the time...a good sign.  Really hope this will help him get over Afobe.  I saw a bit of spark come back into Kasey’s game tonight.  Please let it continue.

29 minutes ago, Dodgy_Giefer said:

Unbelievable ball control. He could ride a wild buffalo and still hang onto the ball. 💪💪💪

I think LJ referred to him on BBCRB as a sewer rat (or something rat).  

18 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I thought he battled away first half, there were a couple of controls, spin inside and lay-offs that build good breaks.  Let’s put his first half performance in the context if the team first half performance.  Nobody was that great, and I thought Antoine was ok, like most others.

Second half he was much more involved in 9 minutes and at the time i was frustrated LJ subbed him off.  He’d just played a lovely ball out to O’Dowda, having sprung an attack to Weimann moments earlier.

Interesting to hear LJ say he wanted to go 41212 (Diamond) to get the FBs forward....and I can fully understand that in hindsight, having listened to his interview, so a bit of credit due there Lee.  It was apparent it helped us build attacks, even if it left us stretched massively.  He got the result tonight.  Well done, but he may have got it anyway.

13 minutes ago, Coppello said:

Stan, I think you need to put down your Semenyo fleshlight* for another evening. He was marginally better than he has been in recent games but he still performed below the level required. He needs to get his goal soon or I fear it could ruin him. 

*please don't google this if you're in public.

Reminds me, I need to clean mine. It's like cottage cheese in there.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Aubergine 1

13 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Whoever on otib came up with El Sidre, please take a bow! I think it was borrowed by a City fan on the phone in later on.

@Curr Avon is Mark on Radio Bristol....so probably him who posted on here.

11 minutes ago, Chris_Brown said:

There was improvement, sure, but not enough for my liking. And also a vast vast improvement on his appearance against Reading(?). 

He has some physical attributes that will stand him in good stead as he develops but he needs some coaching on how to read the game, for large parts of the game he just looked lost. 

Weimann wasn't great, but he was the one trying to lead the line and initiate a press. Perhaps I am less critical of him due to his effort level, he is consistently one of our hardest workers. 

I would be looking for a League One loan for Semenyo in January, provided we can fill the home grown quota with someone else, and then look to bring him back in around the first team next season.

Apologies for detailing the thread. I liked the look of Rodri and I'd start him alongside Weimann with Palmer in behind them on Sunday if we feel we can get at least an hour or so out of Rodri. 

I thought Weimann was immense second half.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

@Curr Avon is Mark on Radio Bristol....so probably him who posted on here.

I thought Weimann was immense second half.

Absolutely, yes. (Just meant first half in the above post). 

Do you think that was down to the change of shape?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

serpiente española 🐍 🐍 🐍 

Had a few of those in my time. 

1 hour ago, GILLI said:

Semenyo was to busy giving away free kicks 

Semenyo was trying too hard.

1 hour ago, Lez said:

Wouldn't have won tonight without him. Simple. Looks rusty really rusty in front of goal but all round game classy....and strong as an ox.

Lets hope he's got 90 mins (ok, 70 ish) in him for Sunday.

19 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Dumb question but does Fams' suspension kick in straight away? 3 games I guess for a straight red?

Yes.

• Thanks 1