IGNORED

Dear Fam haters,

FrozenRobin

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

He’s class.

But he’s let himself and the team down massively if he did what he allegedly did tonight. 

Bit like the BBC and the press, (allegedly) biggest get out clause in the business, he kicked the sh*t out of him there was no allegedly about it.  

41 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Just watched the highlights and he was obviously keen to stop the player on the ground from holding the ball under his body and time wasting. It was totally reckless though and I would have expected an opposition player to be sent off if he did that against us. I don't know why people have to exaggerate things about him though, in the match day thread it took three posts before someone accused him of spitting. 

I haven’t seen the replay, at the time it wasn’t just trying to get the ball, it was kicking a guy on the ground very hard, and absolutely no complaints about the red. 

46 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

He’s an average to good striker who gets you 15 goals. You only have to watch how far Semenyo is off the pace versus him.............

It’s true that if you compare Fam to Semenyo you see how far off the pace Samenyo is. But, importantly, if you compare Fam to Afobe, you see how far off the pace of a really good forward Fam is 

1 minute ago, pongo88 said:

It’s true that if you compare Fam to Semenyo you see how far off the pace Samenyo is. But, importantly, if you compare Fam to Afobe, you see how far off the pace of a really good forward Fam is 

Sort of. I mean Afobe is the better player no doubt. But Fammy is a handful too and if playing all season gets 15 goals. Afobe - maybe 20? But Afobe is better all round play so yeh. 

But Fammys limitations are known and for LJ to pick Semenyo ahead of him is madness. 

1 hour ago, FrozenRobin said:

I would just like to quickly say, he was the most energetic lad on the park.
no, he’s not.  Not tonight, nor previously.  He put himself about tonight admittedly, but ‘most energetic’?  Nope!

For a big tall striker that is massive. Absolutely changed the game.
he did better tonight when he came on.  Changed the game in what way?  We were having our best spell of the game for the 5-6 minutes before Lee made the subs.  If he played more like that cameo week in week out (minus the red card) idont think most supporters would mind at all.

He may not be the best baller in the Championship but his effort and his drive to achieve at the club cannot be topped. 
see above

His touch may be poor but he protects the ball from people and his passing range has improved from when he first came to the club.
how can his touch be poor but he protects the ball.  That’s just contradictory.  Go and watch Rodri back if you want to see touch and hiding the ball.  5’9” and hid the ball so well from CBs up his arse.  His passing range has not improved.  He was much more likely to spin his man and knock one out wide either side in his early days here than now.  He does it occasionally...but he has not improved this area imho.

When we use him well, he could be a top class weapon.The red may be stupid, but it shows his passion and emotion he shows when wearing a red shirt. Fantastic man to have in the box, the power he generates on headers is top class.
he does generate good power.

Lee hates him though.
does he?  Said he’s a top player on his day pre-match 

So you will have your way. A move to Asia next summer when we find a striker Lee has faith in.
if true, isn’t it much better to have a striker you have faith in??

got to say, a really strange post.  Pretty much everyone above doesn’t see him as the stellar player you describe.  Don’t mistake that for us thinking he’s shit, he’s not....he’s just not an Afobe level player.  He’ll get us his “13” goals given enough game time. That’s a decent return and probably worth £6-9m in the right market.  My biggest problem is the impact on Lee’s preferred systems.  I do sense he is losing a bit of patience with him.

38 minutes ago, pillred said:

Bit like the BBC and the press, (allegedly) biggest get out clause in the business, he kicked the sh*t out of him there was no allegedly about it.  

Get a grip. He tried to kick the ball which was under the blokes legs.

11 hours ago, Fiale said:

"Fam haters" ? what is it with people, not sure anyone hates him, he's just not at the standard we need to challenge for promotion. There is no shame in that the vast majority or people and players aren't.

10 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

Why the need for the word "haters" in the title?

Stupidly overused word for every time someone disagrees with you.... A naive attempt at belittling others. 

Guess what... Some people don't like him. Some people don't think he suits Bcfc. I happen to think he's a very useful player to us. Each to their own. 

I know what you mean and most of the time would agree. But I have to say that there were people in the City end at Luton (I won't call them fans) for whom hate wouldn't be too strong a word to describe their feelings towards him. Started on him from minute one, and didn't let up. He could have got a hat trick and they'd have given him an earful for not getting a fourth.

12 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

Why the need for the word "haters" in the title?

Stupidly overused word for every time someone disagrees with you.... A naive attempt at belittling others. 

Guess what... Some people don't like him. Some people don't think he suits Bcfc. I happen to think he's a very useful player to us. Each to their own. 

Maybe the title should have been: Dear Fams Knockers 

Fnnarr

4 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Rodri and Fam as a partnership looked really threatening until Fam went for his early bath!

With Weimann coming in off the side we could be seeing a lot more of that after Fams ban!!

Fam looked right up for it...just took it a bit far ???

13 hours ago, italian dave said:

I know what you mean and most of the time would agree. But I have to say that there were people in the City end at Luton (I won't call them fans) for whom hate wouldn't be too strong a word to describe their feelings towards him. Started on him from minute one, and didn't let up. He could have got a hat trick and they'd have given him an earful for not getting a fourth.

Hi ID - I agree with the point you are trying to make, but, anyone who travelled from Bristol to Luton to watch Bristol City is definitely a fan - I’d argue they aren’t ‘supporters’ but they are fans of our club .... and we all know, not all of our fans behave impeccably unfortunately...

Archived