IGNORED

That pass...

Dullmoan Tone

2 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

I'd like it to be mandatory for players that go down holding their head with a "head injury" to go off the pitch to be checked for concussion before being allowed back on.

That would soon put a stop to the feigning.

Not sure I agree, it's more than possible to take a knock and not being anywhere near concussed.

If it's an elbow or something (assuming accidental) why should the team be punished with having 10 men, or do you allow a temporary sub?

2 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Not sure I agree, it's more than possible to take a knock and not being anywhere near concussed.

If it's an elbow or something (assuming accidental) why should the team be punished with having 10 men, or do you allow a temporary sub?

I'm not talking about being whisked off to hospital or anything, just a basic assessment off the field. A minute or so out of play.

Obviously, if it really does look serious more treatment will be needed and the player would likely be subbed anyway.

The way the regulations are interpreted now, any team can hold up play and stop opposition attacks by having a player fall over and clutch his head after any sort of contact.

4 hours ago, NOTBLUE said:

Amazing that nearly all their injuries seemed to be head injuries,coincidence,I think not.

At the start of the move from which Charlton scored, one of their players went down as he was hit in the face (I believe) by the ball.

The referee certainly looked behind him whilst he was following the Charlton attack, but he allowed play to continue as the player appeared to be rising to his feet - I may be cynical, but I suspect the Charlton player would have been rolling around in agony, screaming for the match to be stopped had they not been attacking. 

26 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I'm not talking about being whisked off to hospital or anything, just a basic assessment off the field. A minute or so out of play.

Obviously, if it really does look serious more treatment will be needed and the player would likely be subbed anyway.

The way the regulations are interpreted now, any team can hold up play and stop opposition attacks by having a player fall over and clutch his head after any sort of contact.

I take it that you got home in the small hours if you were following your "friend" back to Priddy!

In the Josh Brownhill story on the official site,the pass has been described as a “pumped ball forward “?,not a delightfully chipped pass over the top of a defender into the path of the on rushing Brownhill.

2 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

At the start of the move from which Charlton scored, one of their players went down as he was hit in the face (I believe) by the ball.

The referee certainly looked behind him whilst he was following the Charlton attack, but he allowed play to continue as the player appeared to be rising to his feet - I may be cynical, but I suspect the Charlton player would have been rolling around in agony, screaming for the match to be stopped had they not been attacking. 

2nd half one of them went down holding his head when the ball hit his arse!

4 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50137781  Maybe this would help?

2 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

If KP plays every game as well as he did last night, we have a reasonable chance of top six place or even automatic promotion.

Does he deserve a start next game?

I am sure Johnson must have one eye on resting Han, having been telling my daughter what a find he is all season it's almost guaranteed it will be Sunday as she is coming on the mates rates tickets for the first time this season.? 
I suppose we could play a 4 3 3 to take the pressure of Rodri if he plays, with Watkins on the bench who could cover about 5 positions in that set up,

It’s funny, as good as the pass was & it was exceptional, not only the pass itself, it’s seeing it in the first place. But my thought at times last night  was, he’s going to get slaughtered on OTIB tonight if he gives the ball away etc. Because there were a few times he could of got caught out, when maybe having a touch too many. But as it is, everyone is just talking about the pass. My personal opinion is that you have to allow players like Palmer the opportunity to showcase their talent & accept that he is occasionally going to misplace/give the ball away trying to hit a pass that most cannot see, let alone execute. Very talented lad & when he is on it, a real threat. COYR 

3 hours ago, Simon79 said:

It’s funny, as good as the pass was & it was exceptional, not only the pass itself, it’s seeing it in the first place. But my thought at times last night  was, he’s going to get slaughtered on OTIB tonight if he gives the ball away etc. Because there were a few times he could of got caught out, when maybe having a touch too many. But as it is, everyone is just talking about the pass. My personal opinion is that you have to allow players like Palmer the opportunity to showcase their talent & accept that he is occasionally going to misplace/give the ball away trying to hit a pass that most cannot see, let alone execute. Very talented lad & when he is on it, a real threat. COYR 

I agree. I think we forget he is only 22, plenty of room for growth.

He is a real talent and if Benik had stayed fit it could have been a fantastic partnership.

Maybe, Rodri will benefit, his movement and speed of thought looks promising.

Spot on!
Which is why this side could make the playoffs this season. There are some real game changers in this team.

Exciting times ahead IMO.

We want players that play square and back, and (yawn) safe, to play the bloody thing forward sometimes! And we want players that play forward and try to create to keep possession and take fewer risks (when they give it away).

We don't ask much.

2 hours ago, nickolas said:

Seen a couple of commentaries describe the pass as a ‘long punt’ and a ‘long ball down the middle’. The shame!!!

clearly dont know a quality pass if they saw one. 

if that was in the PL the commentators wouldve been all over it. 

That's exactly what Colin Murray said about it on the Quest show last night.

I would endorse what @Simon79 said. It's not just the quality of the pass that was top quality, it was Palmer seeing the pass in the first place. It's up there with his pass for Rowe's goal at Brum earlier in the season.

e.

47 minutes ago, downendcity said:

That's exactly what Colin Murray said about it on the Quest show last night.

I would endorse what @Simon79 said. It's not just the quality of the pass that was top quality, it was Palmer seeing the pass in the first place. It's up there with his pass for Rowe's goal at Brum earlier in the season.

e.

Little back lift either.

41 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Sky Sports didn’t think much of KP’s pass either, describing it as just a high ball forward. Clearly it was just route one football at its best, we just all have our rose tinted specs on!

...and Brownhill's goal was just a lucky bounce off his right foot and chest followed by a toe poke.

17 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I saw this too, suddenly after seeming expecting the game to be stopped for him to get treatment he was up and joing in with the attack. You might think fair enough as adrenaline kicked in but when the move finished he was recovered enough to play on. I half expected him to sit down and wait for treatment again. At one time I asked myself if I was watching Preston of a couple of seasons ago!

1 hour ago, RedM said:

I saw this too, suddenly after seeming expecting the game to be stopped for him to get treatment he was up and joing in with the attack. You might think fair enough as adrenaline kicked in but when the move finished he was recovered enough to play on. I half expected him to sit down and wait for treatment again. At one time I asked myself if I was watching Preston of a couple of seasons ago!

I think the easiest thing you can stop is a player, gas gimp for example, going down holding his head, but then refusing the physio. They do it as they don’t want to leave the pitch, in this scenario the ref should restart the game as soon as the player refuses the physio. Essentially gas gimp went down holding his head when we were piling on the pressure, and then held the game up for 2 minutes whilst also acknowledging he wasn’t injured to any extent, which is crazy. 

Archived