IGNORED

When’s Nagy back fit?

DavidNoble

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I think in the right set up a modern day full back can be very attacking, almost like a winger. We could have Pereira as our Walker of Man City who comes inside more. And O'Dowda or Dasilva when he returns can really get forward. Kalas and Moore shift across at times and makes it like a 3 at the back. Rather like Peps tactics at times with Man City with Mendy getting so far forward.

As for his defensive attributes, I don't think he's the bad defensive player people have said on here. And he has that pace in one on ones, which Rowe doesn't. Rowe is the stronger physical player though. But I just think we have nothing down our left. Especially when Baker was left centre back by Rowe. 

Oh yeah he's not bad defensively- for sure. Bit of a step to go from say being good defensively on left wing or similar, or the left of a '3' in a 4-2-3-1- to LB. I just wonder. Dasilva definitely, and yep I can see the possibility of a shft into a back 3 in certain circs with that.

We definitely have a lot of tactical possibilities with this squad- fluidity and flexibility.

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Oh yeah he's not bad defensively- for sure. Bit of a step to go from say being good defensively on left wing or similar, or the left of a '3' in a 4-2-3-1- to LB. I just wonder. Dasilva definitely, and yep I can see the possibility of a shft into a back 3 in certain circs with that.

We definitely have a lot of tactical possibilities with this squad- fluidity and flexibility.

The thing that makes me optimistic about it is he has played wing back a fair amount and always looked solid when pushed back defending. And even played left back against Boro second half and coped very well. Also set up Rowe's goal by beating his man and crossing. Rowe had moved into central midfield when scoring that header.

DE9541A1-9484-4254-8ACF-86FF9CF6F533.thumb.jpeg.a0992c89f225208b44bd5545cd9e6cbe.jpeg5521F704-0B57-4B3C-B7F3-31D2517A0638.thumb.jpeg.0666772acaeef698a91c3fa43021d29c.jpeg

I don’t think Rowe’s heatmap for last night was too bad at all.  He gets in the box, and he got all the way down the left side too.  I’m surprised how often he does pop up in or around the box....doesn’t always get the ball either.  He doesn’t hug the touchline in patterns of play either, he rotates his position well, coming inside to create angles.

I’m only suggesting playing Callum LB to give Massengo a rest.  I do wonder whether Lee might go diamond again now in Sunday, in which case he’ll probably want O’Dowda as his left sided point, Brownhill at the base....but who on the right and at the top?

Could we see something like this?

8C9CBE57-CBAC-4C92-BC50-7F239E3C1A47.jpeg.f90ad1614fca18211e6af4bebfc8f14e.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

DE9541A1-9484-4254-8ACF-86FF9CF6F533.thumb.jpeg.a0992c89f225208b44bd5545cd9e6cbe.jpeg5521F704-0B57-4B3C-B7F3-31D2517A0638.thumb.jpeg.0666772acaeef698a91c3fa43021d29c.jpeg

I don’t think Rowe’s heatmap for last night was too bad at all.  He gets in the box, and he got all the way down the left side too.  I’m surprised how often he does pop up in or around the box....doesn’t always get the ball either.  He doesn’t hug the touchline in patterns of play either, he rotates his position well, coming inside to create angles.

I’m only suggesting playing Callum LB to give Massengo a rest.  I do wonder whether Lee might go diamond again now in Sunday, in which case he’ll probably want O’Dowda as his left sided point, Brownhill at the base....but who on the right and at the top?

Could we see something like this?

8C9CBE57-CBAC-4C92-BC50-7F239E3C1A47.jpeg.f90ad1614fca18211e6af4bebfc8f14e.jpeg

Not sure whether Massengo will be rested.

3 games with a week between each, then an International break.

Think Sunday will be your team, but Massengo playing and not Sammy.

5 minutes ago, spudski said:

Not sure whether Massengo will be rested.

3 games with a week between each, then an International break.

Think Sunday will be your team, but Massengo playing and not Sammy.

He might not be, but I think he needs a rest....and would rather do it for a home game.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

He might not be, but I think he needs a rest....and would rather do it for a home game.

I know I'm to Massengo what Shtanley is to Semenyo, but I think the Massengo needs a rest theory is only that; a theory. His perceived drop in performance levels could be due to anh number of reasons, and while it stacks up that he's played an awful lot of minutes, many top youngsters do too.

18 minutes ago, mozo said:

I know I'm to Massengo what Shtanley is to Semenyo, but I think the Massengo needs a rest theory is only that; a theory. His perceived drop in performance levels could be due to anh number of reasons, and while it stacks up that he's played an awful lot of minutes, many top youngsters do too.

Not many 18 year olds do in the Championship in the centre of midfield though! ?

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Not many 18 year olds do in the Championship in the centre of midfield though! ?

I'm watching back the Luton game and just paused at half time. Massengo almost flawless so far. Lost the ball twice, but generally decent on and off the ball, with a few stand out moments. 

Moore pretty flawless too. Weimann and Palmer losing possession a lot with intricate passes, but both working their socks off. Our press is good and we're reasonably solid. What can go wrong 2nd half?!

8 minutes ago, mozo said:

I'm watching back the Luton game and just paused at half time. Massengo almost flawless so far. Lost the ball twice, but generally decent on and off the ball, with a few stand out moments. 

Moore pretty flawless too. Weimann and Palmer losing possession a lot with intricate passes, but both working their socks off. Our press is good and we're reasonably solid. What can go wrong 2nd half?!

For me, Luton was a player positioning problem, not so much what we did on the ball first half.  We lacked a bit of balance positionally and Luton were able to run / advance with the ball deep into our half.  Possibly because Luton overload wide, although I think they created their probs 10-15 yards inside.

On 24/10/2019 at 23:08, Davefevs said:

For me, Luton was a player positioning problem, not so much what we did on the ball first half.  We lacked a bit of balance positionally and Luton were able to run / advance with the ball deep into our half.  Possibly because Luton overload wide, although I think they created their probs 10-15 yards inside.

Missed this post but yes, there was that- also notable how light in the centre we were too though!

Their 2nd goal...worth watching back in depth, several times- a clear downside of a 4-4-2 at this level, which I think we switched to at 1-0- especially when chasing a game away from home vs a side who had a fairly filled up centre.

21 minutes ago, Offside said:

Nagy’s continued absence is a concern - what initially seemed to be a minor injury was followed by the fiasco with him aggravating it on international duty and, unless I have missed something, there’s not been much news from the club about his return. 

Something doesnt seem quite right ...

As I said earlier in the thread. 

From the "Post"pre Luton.

Adam Nagy
The Hungarian won't feature this weekend after undergoing an injection on a foot and ankle injury which has endured a series of complications since he first sustained it on August 17.

Nagy had returned to training but went away again with Hungary which has slowed his recovery once again and Johnson confirmed on Monday he won't be able to play for 10 days.

As it stands, if all goes according to plan and schedule, the 24-year-old could be in the first-team equation for the derby against Cardiff on November 10.

As far as we know he's on schedule , unless there is a reaction. Plus GMcG was asked the question about homesickness and said no. 
So with luck we could see him back next game, hopefully an U23 game first but with the injuries he may be thrown into the squad if he's ok.

Archived