Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Thought I'd put this thread back up from earlier in the season.

Was excellent today and against Millwall. 

He's probably improved a bit from the early months to now. But even early on I thought he looked a level above Hunt.

It's strange he hasn't been given more games. Maybe a run of games to the end of the season may convince him to come here permanently.

I like Hunt. But Pereira is better imo. Fantastic covering centrally with a cross from the other side in the second half. Something I can't imagine Hunt doing. But also Pereira offered a lot going forward too.

He's very good in all areas imo. Many years to get even better too.

• Like 9

He was very good today up against some pretty tricky opponents. 

He could easily have been sent off though - credit to the ref for not showing him a red, he looked to me like he was out of control and off the ground but it`s a long way from the SS to be fair.

24 minutes ago, shelts said:

I’d like to see the lad tackle and mean it . Both fullbacks lightweight and not the best at defending but decent going forward 

Pereira clattered their Left Winger today.

Ran the whole length of the pitch in the second half and got the ball played to him in their box only to let it hit his knee & bounce out for a goal kick....proper league 2 looking at times & ok’ish at other times. He is young though so could get better but wouldn’t be spending a penny past £1million on him.

27 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Pereira clattered their Left Winger today.

Got well stuck in.

MoM at Millwall for me and another good performance today.

Just 22 and for his age he's very good.

I like him and hope he stays here on a permanent contract.

• Like 4

I’m glad this thread was resurrected. 
I was very impressed by Pedro today. To be honest, but for Maenpaa I’d say he was our man of the match. For once I watched a match and thought “blimey, we’ve actually got a full back who has positional sense and also a huge desire to sprint back to defend when our attacks break down”. 
2 superb examples of being well tucked in when in his own box, enabling him to make 2 goal saving challenges. 
Plus, showed great awareness and execution to set up the goal - many players would’ve headed it toward goal but he knew Wells was in a great position and found him with a great headed pass. 
I really liked his performance today. 

• Like 9
1 hour ago, Chris_Brown said:

Pereira is a better fullback.

Hunt is a better wingback. 

There in lies the trade off.  I didn't think we create enough today.  With Hunt in the team, we create more.  With Pedro in the team we look far better defensively.  He is a young player who can only improve.  We have a good one here and competition for places is key.  To be honest either will do for me depending on setup.

Stevo

• Like 1

Again agree with many of the posters here but let’s remember Pisano when he started here, he was a full back and in my view stronger defending and going forward than our current two.  until that awful hamstring injury did him.  Never the same. 
 Yes Pereira is decent,  not sure somehow if he will be either offered a deal or will want to stay.  Interesting one end of season.  Has a deal more or less been agreed in advance with him? 
( just looked on wiki and I did not know or realise Eros Pisano signed  a deal with Pisa Serie B side end of January just gone.   Missed that one. Good luck to the fella.)

Edited by DT The Optimist
1 hour ago, DT The Optimist said:

Again agree with many of the posters here but let’s remember Pisano when he started here, he was a full back and in my view stronger defending and going forward than our current two.  until that awful hamstring injury did him.  Never the same. 
 Yes Pereira is decent,  not sure somehow if he will be either offered a deal or will want to stay.  Interesting one end of season.  Has a deal more or less been agreed in advance with him? 
( just looked on wiki and I did not know or realise Eros Pisano signed  a deal with Pisa Serie B side end of January just gone.   Missed that one. Good luck to the fella.)

Yes, the loan was with an option for a permanent deal. However, it was reported that the option was a €6 million deal. 

Imagine how good he’d be if he gotten an extended run. I do not get how you can bring in a foreign loan signing and let him settle for 35 games. Of course he had some bad games this league is unlike most with physicality and tempo. Unless the plan was always to purchase him(which is a high fee for a rb) I don’t get why he didn’t get more chances. 

On 24/10/2019 at 11:39, Mr Popodopolous said:

Wright, in certain setups did okay IMO.

We had a very specific setup and players performed well in roles which were not necessarily their first choice position- team greater than sum of its parts during that period springs to mind. Found a way to make it work, and it came together really well for some great football and the run that took us up to 2nd, beat Man Utd, played so well in both games v Man City etc. All due to an injury crisis!

Loved it when he clattered Sterling into the boards in the first few minutes at The Etihad. Didn't see much of the little sh1t after that 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, marcofisher said:

Would really like us to sign this guy but not sure if I can see LJ/MA signing him at the quoted €6m.

No, nor me....but he has really impressed me in the last two games.  22 only!

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

No, nor me....but he has really impressed me in the last two games.  22 only!

He clearly won't be getting games at his parent club, I'm wondering if we will attempt to renegotiate the fee.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, EmissionImpossible said:

We should sign him, 5 million pounds is a decent price. We’ve found right backs tricky to come by in the past.

I like Pedro and 6m euros for a 22 year old who is confident and good on the ball, fills what is a problem position for us and we may have for four+ years just getting better and better is a no brainer for me.

We`d pay a lot more for a `championship ready` RB in the summer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm still not sure how good he is. In the first half, he bottled a 50/50, went slightly over the top and got hurt in the process. 

If you don't go in hard and fair you're always likely to get hurt. 

Defensively he's OK. Hunt is better in attack and crossing/shooting. He is young so can hopefully only improve. 

Any player needs a run in a team so if he gets that and does the business, then fair play to him.