IGNORED

Championship Table

Davefevs

Great to see us in 4th.

But interesting, only 1 team unbeaten in the last 5...Huddersfield.  The Cowley’s doing a good rescue job.

All about the win today.  Thought we were nervy tonight, needed a couple of players to take responsibility on the ball, and play progressively - too often we wanted to play one more pass to be sure.

4E38489A-27BF-4B29-A8ED-F805BBECBB0A.jpeg

41 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Interestingly it doesn’t seem to be goalscoring the problem compared to other teams but 2nd highest amount of goals conceded in the top half. Hopefully Kalas will sort that out.

It's a good point. Being charitable to us it's only really the Preston and Luton games where we've conceded heavily. Discount one of the Preston pens and the soft Luton OG and we're back down to 15.

But I'm making excuses. What it does show is that for all the concern over our strikers the easiest way to improve results is probably to tighten up at the back.

6 hours ago, MattWSM said:

Leeds at Wednesday on Friday, draw that and City beat Wigan we go 2nd.

Noticed that, and it could be one of those ones where it looks more impressive because we play Sunday, results on Saturday could drop us to 7-8th and a win on Sunday could slingshot us back up again.

Until things settle down a bit more positions are largely irrelevant - the gap of 2 points from 3rd to 10th illustrates that. I don’t mind if, come Jan, we’re 9th if we’re in striking distance of the top 2 or 3.

Guess what I’m saying is that going 4th last night and possibly going 2nd Sunday, while nice, mean less than normal while the table is as it is. Just get points on the board consistently until things get clearer - not all that 10 will keep averaging 1.6 ppg or better - which would be likely to get you in playoffs at season end

Just had a look at the tables at this time of the season for the last 4 seasons, and this is arguably our best start in that period, which is even more remarkable given the injuries we’ve had!  If we can get some of these players back fit we are going to have serious competition for places in the team and a great chance once again.  LJ has done so well I think, and hopefully  we can keep it going this season!  COYR

7779B0C3-EF38-43F3-8AB6-DD3173C6044D.jpeg

8DC998BC-53F4-417D-810D-8050F9FC158C.jpeg

9694D093-3D80-491B-B4E2-B6D63303B7D0.jpeg

4C4C97D6-26C6-4DFE-AF48-C96478F9EC9D.jpeg

1 hour ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Just had a look at the tables at this time of the season for the last 4 seasons, and this is arguably our best start in that period, which is even more remarkable given the injuries we’ve had!  If we can get some of these players back fit we are going to have serious competition for places in the team and a great chance once again.  LJ has done so well I think, and hopefully  we can keep it going this season!  COYR

I was looking for that but gave up very quickly so thanks for sharing. 

We tend to start well, don't we! Interesting that nearly all of the teams in the top 2 in those tables went up (Boro having had a fall from grace).

1 minute ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

Imagine our team when our 20 odd million quids worth of signings are back, the fact we're where we are currently is pretty incredible really, fewer losses than Leeds

Indeed, fewer than anyone- West Brom aside.

Finding a way to win, to keep contending at the top end with all the setbacks is so impressive. Speaks volumes.

4 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

In all of those images 2 of the top 4 went up automatically I believe.

6 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

After this point last season, we won again, 1-0 v Hull.

Then we had a bad streak, then a good streak, then a bad streak etc etc

Our team v Hull was: 

O'Leary, Kalas, Dasilva, Hunt, Webster, Pack, Brownhill, Paterson, Eliasson, Weimann, Diedhiou

Win v Wigan and we stay comfortably above the 2018/19 curve.

6 hours ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

Imagine our team when our 20 odd million quids worth of signings are back, the fact we're where we are currently is pretty incredible really, fewer losses than Leeds

Leeds have taken just 9 points from last 24. Flumping earlier this season. God help them if they get similar injuries to ourselves. With their squad they would drop into bottom half.

1 hour ago, mozo said:

Our team v Hull was: 

O'Leary, Kalas, Dasilva, Hunt, Webster, Pack, Brownhill, Paterson, Eliasson, Weimann, Diedhiou

Going through that team now .

On loan, injured, injured, injured, sold, sold, Brownhill, on loan, Eliasson, Weimann, Diedhiou 

9 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

With our injuries and the sale of key players, to be where we are is a fantastic achievement, and lj gets huge credit for it. Hopefully we can keep it going and make the top 6 this season.

I'm still hoping for a top 2 birth Simon, especially if we can get a number 9 in the January window and our injured players begin to return.

Play offs are a bit too much of a lottery for me and I like going on holiday in May anyway.

9 hours ago, mozo said:

Our team v Hull was: 

I was worried that after the Luton defeat we would see us go on one of our infamous losing streaks, I am deeply encouraged by our win last night which gives a little bit of optimism that maybe we have moved on from being streaky. 

There is a few teams up there that I do question their staying power (Qpr, Sheff We'd) plus there are a few lower down that are currently in a false position and there is always at least one team that has a late rise up the table. 

This season has the potential to be a very special season. Get our player back fit and get a decent striker in and I'd be very confident of a top 6 finish.

7 hours ago, Up The City! said:

I was worried that after the Luton defeat we would see us go on one of our infamous losing streaks, I am deeply encouraged by our win last night which gives a little bit of optimism that maybe we have moved on from being streaky. 

There is a few teams up there that I do question their staying power (Qpr, Sheff We'd) plus there are a few lower down that are currently in a false position and there is always at least one team that has a late rise up the table. 

This season has the potential to be a very special season. Get our player back fit and get a decent striker in and I'd be very confident of a top 6 finish.

We no go Sunday - Saturday - Saturday before another international break and 2 weeks off.  Most weeks after that have a midweek game, so probably need to take advantage of this initial set of weekly fixtures.

Would expect Kalas and Nagy to be back contributing soon, and that gives us a bit of depth during Nov / Dec.  Rodri could be a really useful signing, and gas the chance to push himself into regular contention with Fam’s suspension (assume we don’t appeal).

10 hours ago, Loon plage said:

They didn't renew Pulis's contract but i'm sure all their fans are much happier with the style of play now on offer.

I`ve been hearing this too. After so long suffering Pulisball they are prepared to take a few defeats if the football`s entertaining.

It comes to something when fans think that about a manager, hopefully that`s him done in the game. Unfortunately he seems to be weaselling his way into Sky so that might not be a good thing for the rest of us!

Archived