IGNORED

It’s definitely a red...so what happens next three games?

Silvio Dante

In his post match interview, LJ indicated they’d have a look at Fams sending off to see whether to appeal. Having seen it on Quest - don’t bother. I don’t think there is that much bad intent, but he kicks out three times with someone on the floor. It’s a red, pure and simple - we shouldn’t appeal.

So, that brings us to the next three.

As we know, Afobes out. Fams now out. Semenyo, to me, looked not really at it tonight. This leaves our forward options as Rodri and Weimann in practical terms for the following games:

Wigan (H)

Barnsley (A)

Cardiff (A)

So, what do we do? Fam out may be a blessing v Cardiff as it will force us not to go long, but on the three games, what do we do up front? 1? 2?

Personally, I think LJ can have confidence in Moore in a 4 now so I think that will drag us to 4 at the back vs Wigan. I see it as Rodri with a fluid five behind (Weimann, Palmer, Brownhill, O’Dowda, Massengo - although I think tonight indicates he needs a rest), but anyone got other thoughts in view of our personnel limitations?

2 minutes ago, ExiledRobin said:

On the red button, with no replays I wondered why it was a red but having seen the replays clearly was. Where's nagy? We need him back to give massengo a breather. Think eliasson is our biggest threat and credit to palmer when he came on. Not sure how to fit 5 in midfield at the moment.

Nagy has a major problem according to reports. Crap news. Needs another op on the foot, it seems

I’d probably go 433 or 4411 without Fam.

It worked well with Paterson and Bobby together a couple seasons ago. Maybe Palmer and Weimann would form a similar partnership in a similar formation?

Something like this...

Bentley

Pedro          Moore       Williams       Rowe

Eliasson  Brownhill    Massengo   O’Dowda

Palmer/Rodri

Weimann

433:

Bentley

Pedro      Moore         Williams         Rowe

Brownhill                 O’Dowda/Massengo

Palmer 
Eliasson                                  Rodri

Weimann 

Szmodics could even play a big part in the next 3 games.

From the way it looked from my position at the time, Fam was kicking out more at the player rather than the ball but having seen the tv replays all his kicks are aimed at the ball, not the player & if Diedhiou had actually connected with the player, does anyone truly believe Pearce would of got up off the floor instead of rolling around for 2 minutes? Because Pearce isn’t down for any length of time at all, so that would suggest that Diedhiou hasn’t actually connected with him that badly!

Semenyo was having his best spell in the game just before he was taken off so maybe he can still play a part. Just needs a goal as he looks desperately short of confidence. Clearly he must be showing up well in training for LJ to be giving him the nod over others. I'm not going to give up on him just yet. I'd play Andi and Rodders up top on Sunday though on tonight's showing with the option of Semenyo coming off the bench.

4 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

I'd try o dowda up front. Good finisher and speedy, crap at everything else so why not? 

Is he a good finisher though? When does he actually finish anything? But when you are down to barebones stranger things do happen.

I can see Marley getting the nod and paired with Rodri, a surprise combo which might just come good. We had the ‘accidental’ pairing of Weimann and Taylor when Diedhiou missed six games through the spitting ban and that wasn’t too shabby

5 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

I'd try o dowda up front. Good finisher and speedy, crap at everything else so why not? 

Did you see him second half when moved central? Outstanding. I think it's clear now he struggles on the left wing, especially without someone as good as Dasilva behind him. For me he can play numerous positions, most of which he is better at than left wing.

Whilst we are down to the bare bones optionwise I agree it's time we give Watkins a go in place of Semenyo against Wigan. 

As much as I want Semenyo to succeed he is just not bringing much to our game at the mo - Wigan tend to have some big guys at the back and I think he would struggle again to make an impact.

6 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

It would be a joke if we appealed that. 

Watching the replay, Fam was trying to free the ball from under the guy who was lying on it by kicking it free. It looked as if Fam was sticking the boot in to the bloke which is why it all kicked off......

Fam was too aggressive in his attempts to free the ball and unless there is a different camara angle I can’t see the red being overturned.

7 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Nagy has a major problem according to reports. Crap news. Needs another op on the foot, it seems

If it doesn’t clear up in the ten day period post injection that they’ve given him. That’s what happens when players do not have the sense to stay away from International squads when obviously unfit. If he needs an op we can write him off for the season and we will need to pay again to replace him. No wonder the management are so pissed off with that situation,

Archived