IGNORED

It’s definitely a red...so what happens next three games?

Silvio Dante

7 hours ago, Riaz said:

Never a red. He’s trying to kick the ball. Which is what he’s supposed to do.

I thought I was the only one who thought that too based on every other comment I've seen.

Their guy is sat on the ball which should be a foul, Fam had two little kicks but doesn't have eyes in the back of his head to see the lino waving his flag for a soft/questionable foul and then the third is either at the same time or a fraction of a second after the ref blows his whistle.

The last kick was aimed at the ball and a result of what the charlton player was doing, didn't look particulalry dangerious or over the top. The ref and linesman have been fooled by an over the top reaction from the charlton players, if they don't react like that its never going to be shown as a red.

I'd appeal it. The game was still live as the whistle hadn't gone and if the charlton player was on his feet the way fam went in wouldn't have been a foul, so why should a player sitting on the ball make it a red instantly. He's not kicked him randomly or well after the whistle has gone.

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Did you see him second half when moved central? Outstanding. I think it's clear now he struggles on the left wing, especially without someone as good as Dasilva behind him. For me he can play numerous positions, most of which he is better at than left wing.

O'Dowda and Outstanding are not two words I'd associate with each other this season. But we're certainly running out of options. Watkins looked OK in the short time he was on at Preston, but by all accounts less than impressive in recent reserve games. 

Feel that we need to find a way to start with Palmer-Rodri-Weimann.

The problem is we're so limited with  injuries and the post about Nagy being out for longer means we're so stretched- think a midfield central 3 could give them a real platform as I quite liked what I saw of Rodri, Palmer's assist was sublime- we all know what Weimann can do. Yet I think that's a good blueprint moving forward- Diedhiou is not bad so far as backup or alternatives go, but he doesn't fit too well with the others, stylistically a lot of the time.

Could any of our CB's play at LB with sufficient competence? Could be a way to stick Rowe central to help form a 3 with Massengo and Brownhill as there is a risk of them being run into the ground if as a 2. O'Dowda perhaps centrally...he can take people on, run and in the past he's been not bad defensively. 

Smith or Nagy coming back could help to solve a lot of issues, for sure- more control, more dynamism- any word on their recovery time?

Semenyo may well come good, but certainly don't see him as the answer at present.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Watching the replay, Fam was trying to free the ball from under the guy who was lying on it by kicking it free. It looked as if Fam was sticking the boot in to the bloke which is why it all kicked off......

Fam was too aggressive in his attempts to free the ball and unless there is a different camara angle I can’t see the red being overturned.

Pretty much how i see it too, lj obviously wants him fired up but that was stupid.

interesting comments from LJ, I thought it was the lino who persuaded the ref as happened right in front of where we sit, but maybe not

"Yes, he’s 100% going for the ball but obviously the player is jumping and diving across it both ways, he’s tried to poke two and then the third one he’s seen the ball and then the lad’s dived across it."

"Obviously that makes it look worse but the communication between the three officials was astounding really, how they’ve got to that from the ref saying no, he went to speak to the linesman who said no and then the fourth official for some reason has decided with the worst angle of the lot of them to give the red and that was the first thing that he piped up with all day.

"I can hear him, I spoke to the assistant, he said he didn’t give it, the referee went to ask the assistant what he had seen and he said nothing, it’s a yellow or whatever and then the fourth going ‘red, red, red’ down the mic, all overexcited."

Not sure on the laws of the game, but the player intentionally traps the ball under his legs to prevent Fam winning the ball back

1 hour ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

interesting comments from LJ, I thought it was the lino who persuaded the ref as happened right in front of where we sit, but maybe not

"Yes, he’s 100% going for the ball but obviously the player is jumping and diving across it both ways, he’s tried to poke two and then the third one he’s seen the ball and then the lad’s dived across it."

"Obviously that makes it look worse but the communication between the three officials was astounding really, how they’ve got to that from the ref saying no, he went to speak to the linesman who said no and then the fourth official for some reason has decided with the worst angle of the lot of them to give the red and that was the first thing that he piped up with all day.

"I can hear him, I spoke to the assistant, he said he didn’t give it, the referee went to ask the assistant what he had seen and he said nothing, it’s a yellow or whatever and then the fourth going ‘red, red, red’ down the mic, all overexcited."

Not sure on the laws of the game, but the player intentionally traps the ball under his legs to prevent Fam winning the ball back

The problem is LJ was in the 4th official’s ear all night and guess what happens the first chance this guy gets to put one over on him?

Weimann Rodri. Palmer instead of Odowda. Smodicz and Watkins are also fit, then we have Semenyo. Of those my feeling is Rodri the best of them. Watkins have scored for us and he can be good. Remember he played in the beginning of last season and we never lost when he was in the starting eleven. Remember people said he was bad and  a kind of scapegoat. Famara and Afobe not playing but we got options, Adelakunde? He was very good in Scunny and maybe he will be good here.

23 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

The problem is LJ was in the 4th official’s ear all night and guess what happens the first chance this guy gets to put one over on him?

To be fair, he was probably complaining about the very inconsistent ref. We could've had a penalty when Weimann was literally thrown to the ground in an off-the-ball incident.

The only thing I liked about Linington was he correctly penalised time wasters.

4 hours ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

The good thing is that other than Cardiff the games aren't against "worldbeater" teams. I wouldn't start Semenyo but rather give Rodni a run out against Wigan/Barnsley and sub Semenyo on if needed. Otherwise just play Weimann up top and have some of the other wingers take his normal spot

Nicholas%20Lyndhurst%20%20'Only%20Fools%20and%20Horses'%20(1983)%203.1.jpg

12 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

In his post match interview, LJ indicated they’d have a look at Fams sending off to see whether to appeal. Having seen it on Quest - don’t bother. I don’t think there is that much bad intent, but he kicks out three times with someone on the floor. It’s a red, pure and simple - we shouldn’t appeal.

So, that brings us to the next three.

As we know, Afobes out. Fams now out. Semenyo, to me, looked not really at it tonight. This leaves our forward options as Rodri and Weimann in practical terms for the following games:

Wigan (H)

Barnsley (A)

Cardiff (A)

So, what do we do? Fam out may be a blessing v Cardiff as it will force us not to go long, but on the three games, what do we do up front? 1? 2?

Personally, I think LJ can have confidence in Moore in a 4 now so I think that will drag us to 4 at the back vs Wigan. I see it as Rodri with a fluid five behind (Weimann, Palmer, Brownhill, O’Dowda, Massengo - although I think tonight indicates he needs a rest), but anyone got other thoughts in view of our personnel limitations?

Agree, this kind of forces things. Rodri up top could really work with O'Dowda, Weimann and Palmer drifting up to support him and switching back to midfield where Brownhill and Massengo (or Eliasson) are patrolling
Felt for Eliasson last night, but it was the right call. Massengo looks tired to me so perhaps a rest needed and give Szmodics a chance?

45 minutes ago, Garland-sweden said:

Weimann Rodri. Palmer instead of Odowda. Smodicz and Watkins are also fit, then we have Semenyo. Of those my feeling is Rodri the best of them. Watkins have scored for us and he can be good. Remember he played in the beginning of last season and we never lost when he was in the starting eleven. Remember people said he was bad and  a kind of scapegoat. Famara and Afobe not playing but we got options, Adelakunde? He was very good in Scunny and maybe he will be good here.

If you’d seen Adelakun play for the under 23s this season, I doubt you’d be suggesting a call-up to the first team.  The guy seems all over the place, and I don’t mean that in a good way.  

5 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

If it doesn’t clear up in the ten day period post injection that they’ve given him. That’s what happens when players do not have the sense to stay away from International squads when obviously unfit. If he needs an op we can write him off for the season and we will need to pay again to replace him. No wonder the management are so pissed off with that situation,

What makes you think the op would lead to the entire season out?

12 hours ago, MattWSM said:

Thank we should play Moore up front as a big target man as he can control the ball as well whilst benik and Famara not available 

I live how Moore has gone from not good enough for this level to being the player who could play in any position!

6 hours ago, Robbored said:

Watching the replay, Fam was trying to free the ball from under the guy who was lying on it by kicking it free. It looked as if Fam was sticking the boot in to the bloke which is why it all kicked off......

Fam was too aggressive in his attempts to free the ball and unless there is a different camara angle I can’t see the red being overturned.

Fam was kicking the guy in the back. There's absolutely no attempt to get the ball.

7 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

You need to watch it again.

He makes contact with the ball the first time, possibly the second.

The third time he only gets the player, in the legs.

Watching it on .5 speed on youtube doesn't look like he gets any of the ball first 2 times

19 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

What makes you think the op would lead to the entire season out?

Firstly depends when the op is then recuperation then light training then full training then two games for U23’s that LJ demands before 1st Team. When do you think he would be back? Maybe not whole season out but back in March maybe? That won’t help us much,

8 minutes ago, hodge said:

Watching it on .5 speed on youtube doesn't look like he gets any of the ball first 2 times

Had watched it on regular speed right before posting.

Just looked again and he has kicked the ball here

The player is obstructing the ball and moves himself in the way to prevent the ball being kicked.

Screenshot_20191024-125237.png

Wasn't the best screenshot, but as near as I could grab on my phone. His toe connects with the ball.

13 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

You need to watch it again.

He makes contact with the ball the first time, possibly the second.

The third time he only gets the player, in the legs.

Watched it again. 1st kick, general direction of ball. 2nd kick, petulant boot to the lower back/arse, 3rd kick, petulant boot to the back of the legs

Archived