IGNORED

Lee Bowyer’s view on things!

Tipps69

34 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

You wouldn't see it on the Sag's forum, they've never seen that word in their lives! 

They'd think it was over'enleaze - t'other end of Southmead Road.

6 hours ago, EmissionImpossible said:

Also I think had it not been for that last kick by Famara, he wouldn’t have been sent off. First half was awful but Charlton were the better team and if it had been 1-0 we couldn’t have argued. We should have gone 1 up before they scored and deserved the win in the end but not by much.

Exactly how It turned out then really.

I thought Charlton looked decent - lively, quick, used the ball well. 

If I was a Charlton fan, though, I’d be disappointed with how they played after the sending off - they seemed to be content to sit back and hold out for the draw, whereas our 10 men were pressing for the win. 

6 minutes ago, Offside said:

I thought Charlton looked decent - lively, quick, used the ball well. 

If I was a Charlton fan, though, I’d be disappointed with how they played after the sending off - they seemed to be content to sit back and hold out for the draw, whereas our 10 men were pressing for the win. 

Thought they were reminiscent of how we used to play a couple seasons ago when we had Reid up front....a joy to watch...very simple...lots of movement, angles and options of a pass.

10 hours ago, RedDave said:

I’ve seen plenty of games where the team with fewer possession and shots has deserved to win so showing the stats doesn’t really mean much 

I’ve seen plenty of game where I’ve been impressed with the opposition. I wasn’t last night. I thought Charlton were pretty average for a championship side and always fancied us after half time. 

I just love leaving Ashton Gate after a win like that to the sound of “ Drink up the cider” 

Lots of interesting comments.

I think we need to get used to teams passing it around (and having a bit more possession than we’d like), but without creating loads.  It makes us feel nervous, but Bentley didn’t have too many saves to make.

A1C1B0C6-E876-4554-9F75-4E0D0AC8ADEB.thumb.png.a094c9ddacfe6390526fa012eaea83ea.png

In xG terms Charlton didn’t create any “gilt-edged” chances.

We created a decent headed chance for Weimann after 25ish minutes from Pereira’s Cross.

We had the goalmouth melee just after the hour, just before they scored.

We had Fam’s goal, and Josh’s goal, where xG gives it a better score because it doesn’t include how tough the first touch was.

I think that sums up City this season.  For once we created lots of little chances too.

9 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Are you sure? Better tactically perhaps but we were building up some heavy pressure just before they scored. 

Subs were good yes, red card helped yes but I'm not sure about the bolded bit at all.

I didn't ever feel as if we were in danger of losing that one, not at HT, not even at 1 nil down. I felt we had the momentum on our side in the 2nd half and it felt as if the win was there for the taking by us. 

Charlton looked busy but didn't really create too much. AW should have burried that header in the 1st half. 

I think they did suffer because of the two injuries they suffered. Great standing ovation by our fans btw as their player was stretchered off. 

I'll admit that I was surprised that NE was taken off as felt we needed his creativity but we got the win so fair play to LJ for making that call. 

5 hours ago, spudski said:

Thought they were reminiscent of how we used to play a couple seasons ago when we had Reid up front....a joy to watch...very simple...lots of movement, angles and options of a pass.

As I was watching the game I did think that they reminded me of how we used to play. 

Charlton will now have to go on the same journey as we did and realise that playing that way is not really feasible in this league over a long season. Charlton were blowing out of their asses in the final minutes and that enabled us to take advantage and win the game. Our superior fitness levels showed and Charlton will have to improve on that over time. 

I'm not sure we would have won that without their injuries, not saying we would have lost but it had a noticeable impact on them, especially as it gave us the advantage of bringing on fresh legs later in the game. 

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Why do you think the ref was on their side? 

It wasn't just me that felt that way, the majority of the home crowd felt that way too judging by all the boos aimed at him and the sarcastic cheers when he did get something right.

But I'll tell you what I love it when we get a ref like that on a mid week game, it really gets the crowd fired up and helps to create a special atmosphere. 

But to answer your question, Charlton were very niggly and aggressive. I know Ashton Gate hosts rugby games and I thought I was at a rugby game at times, especially when AW was dragged down off of the ball in the penalty area.

On 24/10/2019 at 07:26, Seneca the Younger said:

Rodri pass to Weimann in the box.

Rodri open(ish) net, straight to the keeper.

2 off the line seconds before they scored.

That's at least 4 great chances, I can't think of any that Charlton had. 

They countered with pass but had no final ball.

In my opinion.

Agreed, although Bentley did keep us in the game after they took the lead, with 2 or 3 excellent 1-on-1 saves. 

Archived