IGNORED

Supporter Services Shambolic

LewisP

Fair to say it all seems to be fairly hit and miss then?

I would put the question out there, out of general interest, as to whether people think that things have improved Customer Service etc wise post the arrival of Bristol Sport, got worse- or largely stayed the same- ie hit and miss, indifferent, choppy, inconsistent etc.

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Fair to say it all seems very patchy, hit and miss then?

I would put the question out there, out of general interest, as to whether people think that things have improved Customer Service etc wise post the arrival of Bristol Sport, got worse- or largely stayed the same- ie hit and miss, indifferent, choppy, inconsistent etc.

Worse!

39 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

33 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Worse!

I think that crowds having increased 2 or 3 fold makes it a much harder job to get right every time. 
No excuse, what it’s not good, but the odd bad case out of 20+k is far more likely than when we used to get 7,8,9k and people just handed over cash at the turnstiles. 

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I think it's maybe a bit worse. I've always found dealing with City a bit hit and miss, but have to say that whenever you get to talk to a human being problems get sorted fairly quickly and efficiently. I used to just go down to the ticket office which I'm not sure you can do anymore.

I think it's partly as BBS3 says because of the increase in 'customers' but also I think it's the way football has gone and is probably not unique to City. In 2010 I was studying in Liverpool and got myself and a mate tickets for a match at Anfield. The tickets never turned up and nobody ever answered the phone. Eventually I had to get a taxi to the ground the day before and they printed duplicate tickets for me just before the ticket office closed. The taxi driver was a Liverpool fan and was so embarrassed that he waited around for me outside the ground and refused to take more than a fiver. Two weeks later the tickets turned up at my flatshare... It was a shite game as well.

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

If it’s a commonly misspelt surname, then surely she should be used to making it very, specifically clear..?! 

Trust me she does and did, she learnt the NATO Phonetic alphabet ?

All sorted now & I’m not slagging off the whole club, just pointing out they have a few issues and seems ALOT of agree after suffering similar issues. Just something for the club to address and improve moving forward. Constructive criticism.

11 minutes ago, bakes said:

Tried to call the club last week on 3 different days and times but after being on hold for over 10 minutes on each occasion gave up, sent an email and still awaiting response, piss poor.

? I feel your pain. Emails should defo be better monitored. 

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think that crowds having increased 2 or 3 fold makes it a much harder job to get right every time. 
No excuse, what it’s not good, but the odd bad case out of 20+k is far more likely than when we used to get 7,8,9k and people just handed over cash at the turnstiles. 

And the money the club is now turning over / dealing with should mean that things have progressed from having just Beryl to deal with everything but the person that deals with emails is on holiday? One person? And no one else able to cover them while they are on holiday so everything will be left until they return from holiday? Seems a bit amateurish to me.

Supporter services my ass. 

I have contacted Bcfc and Bristol Sport client services regarding why there is no overseas audio on a matchday when the match is being shown on tv. Up until this season it has never been an issue.

Three weeks and four emails later. Not a damn thing. So for the record those email addresses for supporters on both websites are pretty useless and unmonitored unless of course they simply don't want to answer 

4 hours ago, LewisP said:

? I feel your pain. Emails should defo be better monitored. 

That’s what struck me too. Surely the email address is one that can be accessed by more than one person? What if the person had more than a few days holiday, those emails could sit unread for ages. 

It’s amazing that in this age of communication we seem to be worse off than when it was just an option to phone from 9-5, weekdays only.

17 hours ago, BigTone said:

Last week I tried to book hospitality tickets for the West Brom game in Feb. Couldn't remember my supporter ID so fired off an email to all and sundry and received a prompt reply from Ryan our SLO. Then had a problem with my password so emailed Ryan who in turn passed the query on. All sorted within 24 hours and all booked. Cannot complain one iota at treatment received. Further did receive a couple of automated emails saying query received and normally takes 3 days to respond, however Ryan and the others responded very quickly. Well impressed TBH.

If any fan wants to buy hospitality it’s a very straightforward and easy process. Why? Because you’re adding your own money into the coffers. The higher the hospitality sales the better so the club have to make such purchases as simple as possible.

However if any fan wants anything from the club it’s more than often a laborious procedure as the OP highlights. Tbf to the current regime at AG it’s always been that way. Many of us will remember various cup ticket sales fiascos with queues so long refreshing cups of tea and coffee were made available.

That said with today’s latest technology you’d expect the club to have smartened up their act. For example - why is there no match ticket dispenser easily accessible in the club shop? Simple things like that just don’t happen for whatever reason.

15 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

And the money the club is now turning over / dealing with should mean that things have progressed from having just Beryl to deal with everything but the person that deals with emails is on holiday? One person? And no one else able to cover them while they are on holiday so everything will be left until they return from holiday? Seems a bit amateurish to me.

Yes, granted. That is a bit poor..!

5 hours ago, Robbored said:

If any fan wants to buy hospitality it’s a very straightforward and easy process. Why? Because you’re adding your own money into the coffers. The higher the hospitality sales the better so the club have to make such purchases as simple as possible.

However if any fan wants anything from the club it’s more than often a laborious procedure as the OP highlights. Tbf to the current regime at AG it’s always been that way. Many of us will remember various cup ticket sales fiascos with queues so long refreshing cups of tea and coffee were made available.

That said with today’s latest technology you’d expect the club to have smartened up their act. For example - why is there no match ticket dispenser easily accessible in the club shop? Simple things like that just don’t happen for whatever reason.

I've had several issues over the years and the service has always been excellent. I was once charged £14.99 postage on an item to my home in France and when the item arrived the stamps added up to about £3.00. I wrote to complain and received a prompt refund.

6 hours ago, Robbored said:

That's why I always laugh when it is claimed we are Premier League in waiting. Maybe we are on the footballing side where we have invested and are continuing to invest in people and systems - but off field?

So much more investment required some of which seems so simple to fix.

56 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I've had several issues over the years and the service has always been excellent. I was once charged £14.99 postage on an item to my home in France and when the item arrived the stamps added up to about £3.00. I wrote to complain and received a prompt refund.

But wouldn't it be nice not to have those issues in the first place?

Archived