IGNORED

City goal keepers that have scored goals.

City oz

I was in the old enclosure in front of the grand stand and alway remember Ray Cashley  scoring a goal. It was a very foggy night but you could see all his kicks were for some reason landing in Hull City’s box area.  In the second half he managed to score, the ball bounced in front of the Hull keeper and went straight over his head in to the net. This was early 1973. Any one else witnessed a City goalie scoring a goal ?

51 minutes ago, City oz said:

I was in the old enclosure in front of the grand stand and alway remember Ray Cashley  scoring a goal. It was a very foggy night but you could see all his kicks were for some reason landing in Hull City’s box area.  In the second half he managed to score, the ball bounced in front of the Hull keeper and went straight over his head in to the net. This was early 1973. Any one else witnessed a City goalie scoring a goal ?

Definitely not foggy. It was raining and there was a howling gale blowing straight down the ground. I was standing on the East End directly behind the goal when Ray launched his kick down towards the other end. There was a moments pause when the ball went in the net then the whole ground erupted. Great moment.

55 minutes ago, City oz said:

Yes but it wasn't foggy. Just pouring with rain and a strong wind blowing from Covered End toward Open End. One bounce and over Jeff Wealands head into the net.

25 minutes ago, the frampton balti said:

it was foggy when Chris garland scored with an orange ball but that game got abandoned. any idea which year?  which game?

The Cashley goal is a funny one because its one of those occasions when everyone of a certain age was there. i reckon i was there unfortunately my Dad is not with us to confirm

Leeds...... How do you know if he scored? 

4 dec76 iirc

50 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Didn't that giant German (Maierhoffer?) score for us one game and play in goal for part of the next?

I think he only played about 3 times at the very end of GJs reign, and his has to be about the most bizarre Bristol City career ever.

I don’t think he scored for us did he?

Only played a handful of games, and 20 minutes of one was in goal. Kept a clean sheet as well iirc!

4 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Only played a handful of games, and 20 minutes of one was in goal. Kept a clean sheet as well iirc!

No, he didn't score. 

Been around a bit though! 

Senior career*
Years Team Apps (Gls)
2002–2003 First Vienna 18 (2)
2003–2005 SV Langenrohr 53 (26)
2005–2006 Bayern Munich II 42 (21)
2007 Bayern Munich 2 (0)
2007 TuS Koblenz 14 (3)
2007 Greuther Fürth 10 (2)
2008  Rapid Vienna (loan) 11 (7)
2008–2009 Rapid Vienna 38 (24)
2009–2011 Wolverhampton Wanderers 9 (1)
2010  Bristol City (loan) 3 (0)
2010–2011  MSV Duisburg (loan) 27 (8)
2011–2012 Red Bull Salzburg 39 (15)
2013 1. FC Köln 14 (1)
2014 Millwall 11 (2)
2014–2015 SC Wiener Neustadt 4 (1)
2015 Millwall 10 (1)
2016 AS Trenčín 10 (2)
2017–2018 SV Mattersburg 37 (7)
2018– FC Aarau 22 (10)

1 hour ago, City oz said:

I always thought he was offside

3 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

No tfb.... Remember Leeds taking over park end too that day

Leeds take the Park End .......Not on my watch mate!

ps what does tfb mean in this case . I just discovered there is a thread on this from 2016 . ive been giving this forum a break for a few years!

were you there for the Cashley goal?

thank you 

1 hour ago, Coxy27 said:

I am fully prepared to be corrected here - however, I'm going to say that Cashley's goal is the only time a goalkeeper has scored in a competitive fixture for us.

The week before, home to Scunthorpe in the League Cup. Their goal went in off Cashley's rear end! Don't worry, we won that game 3-1 and the following Tuesday was that game against Hull. I don't remember foggy though. It was raining heavily and I was one of just a few on the Open End.

The ball was brown and as mentioned, bounced once and passed over the head of Wealands who had come out of his goal to catch  the ball.

2 hours ago, City oz said:

Only remember that one and was in the enclosure as well.

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

1 hour ago, elhombrecito said:

No, he didn't score. 

Been around a bit though! 

Senior career*
Years Team Apps (Gls)
2002–2003 First Vienna 18 (2)
2003–2005 SV Langenrohr 53 (26)
2005–2006 Bayern Munich II 42 (21)
2007 Bayern Munich 2 (0)
2007 TuS Koblenz 14 (3)
2007 Greuther Fürth 10 (2)
2008  Rapid Vienna (loan) 11 (7)
2008–2009 Rapid Vienna 38 (24)
2009–2011 Wolverhampton Wanderers 9 (1)
2010  Bristol City (loan) 3 (0)
2010–2011  MSV Duisburg (loan) 27 (8)
2011–2012 Red Bull Salzburg 39 (15)
2013 1. FC Köln 14 (1)
2014 Millwall 11 (2)
2014–2015 SC Wiener Neustadt 4 (1)
2015 Millwall 10 (1)
2016 AS Trenčín 10 (2)
2017–2018 SV Mattersburg 37 (7)
2018– FC Aarau 22 (10)

I stand corrected! Got the three games right though.

I think one was GJs last game at Plymouth, which is remembered for other reasons now. But I remember that we were truly awful that night: we stuck this guy (who was about 7') up front, and the clear instruction for every City player was quite clearly to just launch the ball skyward in his general direction. 

2 hours ago, City oz said:

I was there as well. It inspired me to start playing in goal, until I realised it was a thankless task and you got blamed for everyone else's muck ups.

1 hour ago, 22A said:

The week before, home to Scunthorpe in the League Cup. Their goal went in off Cashley's rear end! Don't worry, we won that game 3-1 and the following Tuesday was that game against Hull. I don't remember foggy though. It was raining heavily and I was one of just a few on the Open End.

The ball was brown and as mentioned, bounced once and passed over the head of Wealands who had come out of his goal to catch  the ball.

I was also in the Open End that night, probably sheltering by the Hospital Broadcast box if it was still there at the time. 

Archived