IGNORED

City goal keepers that have scored goals.

City oz

3 hours ago, City oz said:

I was in the old enclosure in front of the grand stand and alway remember Ray Cashley  scoring a goal. It was a very foggy night but you could see all his kicks were for some reason landing in Hull City’s box area.  In the second half he managed to score, the ball bounced in front of the Hull keeper and went straight over his head in to the net. This was early 1973. Any one else witnessed a City goalie scoring a goal ?

Don't remember it being foggy............fog and gale force winds ?

1 hour ago, Littlesh*t said:

Lee peacock and tinman both played in goal and scored goals for us

Early 1970's Millwall took out Cashley so John Galley took over as only one sub permitted then. 1-0 up, 2-1 down but drew 2-2.

8 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Not City but Jimmy Glass mind #SCENES

A few months before that goal I was working with Frank Talia’s partner Michaela. At that time he was at Swindon and Jimmy Glass was his understudy. I asked her whether Frank ever fancied himself as an outfield player and she said “no, but Jimmy does, he looks for any excuse to play in in training”.

As you can imagine, it was the first thing I thought of when I heard the news that he had scored that goal at Carlisle.

11 hours ago, City oz said:

I was in the old enclosure in front of the grand stand and alway remember Ray Cashley  scoring a goal. It was a very foggy night but you could see all his kicks were for some reason landing in Hull City’s box area.  In the second half he managed to score, the ball bounced in front of the Hull keeper and went straight over his head in to the net. This was early 1973. Any one else witnessed a City goalie scoring a goal ?

I was in the East End that night.  One of my favourite moments.  Had a soft spot for Hull until more recently!! ????

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

A few months before that goal I was working with Frank Talia’s partner Michaela. At that time he was at Swindon and Jimmy Glass was his understudy. I asked her whether Frank ever fancied himself as an outfield player and she said “no, but Jimmy does, he looks for any excuse to play in in training”.

As you can imagine, it was the first thing I thought of when I heard the news that he had scored that goal at Carlisle.

That’s ace. I guess a lot of goalies are really frustrated strikers. 

Although I was lead to believe at the time Frank Talia was still marries to his wife Geni 

12 hours ago, Coxy27 said:

I am fully prepared to be corrected here - however, I'm going to say that Cashley's goal is the only time a goalkeeper has scored in a competitive fixture for us.

Well, we’ve had keepers who’ve also scored goals for us - Rob Newman, Louis Carey, Brian Tinnion - pretty sure they all donned the gloves for us at some point, and all obviously scored goals at the right end - does this count?!

8 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

That’s ace. I guess a lot of goalies are really frustrated strikers. 

Although I was lead to believe at the time Frank Talia was still marries to his wife Geni 

I hope I haven’t been indiscreet then. :) They were definitely together when I knew here, not sure of the timelines though.

10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well, we’ve had keepers who’ve also scored goals for us - Rob Newman, Louis Carey, Brian Tinnion - pretty sure they all donned the gloves for us at some point, and all obviously scored goals at the right end - does this count?!

Close enough!

Did any of them score previously in the games in which they then ended up in goal?

I was standing in the enclosure for the Hull game - always liked to follow the forwards back in the day when you could move freely through that section of the ground. I have a clear memory of Jeff Wealands initially moving towards the ball until he realized he was caught in no mans land. He started to back up but the ball hit the wet ground in front of him and fizzed into the net. On the next day's local news a tv crew was filming Ray Cashley trying to replicate the feat, but he didn't come close.

Archived