IGNORED

naggy homesick

big dosser

2 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

It is weird that the club haven’t really commented on his injury unless I’ve missed it. 

In a press conference LJ went into detail about his frustration that playing for Hungary had worsened the original injury, that an extra bone in his foot was making recovery longer and more complicated. He has seen the best in the business and has an injection that needed 10 days complete rest. I think that was last weekend so hopefully they'll know if it worked soon.

42 minutes ago, Hunsupport said:

I know as much as LJ told a few days ago, no more. But until we wait here's his girlfriend, watching her may help ease the tension here...

67489768_2372547556157927_7912806025101487905_n.jpg

Dont believe for one minute that he is homesick...

Not even too sure about the 'injury' …. Having seen this photo I reckon there's a very good chance that the lad is simply knackered !   ?

14 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

In a press conference LJ went into detail about his frustration that playing for Hungary had worsened the original injury, that an extra bone in his foot was making recovery longer and more complicated. He has seen the best in the business and has an injection that needed 10 days complete rest. I think that was last weekend so hopefully they'll know if it worked soon.

Can think of better places to have a extra bone 

3 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Dont believe for one minute that he is homesick...

Not even too sure about the 'injury' …. Having seen this photo I reckon there's a very good chance that the lad is simply knackered !   ?

He's sick of leaving his girlfriend at home.

38 minutes ago, Hunsupport said:

No, it's in Budapest downtown at the Ritz Carlton Hotel. She worked there as some Special Events Executive or something like that.

Sorry, Hunsupport, that was a Bristol joke.  The place I mentioned, let’s say, isn’t quite as salubrious as the place in the photo!!! ?

2 hours ago, forestofdean said:

I will send you some pics of my ashton gate bar in my garden  which has all my shirts framed from 82 also the jaki t shirt from Clevedon cheesley shirt signed 2 Williams seats signed programme from the blackburn game Drysdale cheesley gillies casley Sweeney tainton sadley no Gerry gow also a teamsheet from 24.11.70 v Fulham 

Gibson drivesdale merrick gow rooks parr skirton garland gally tainton sharpe sub broomfield signed of by sir alan dicks is that good enough proof for you

Who on earth is Drivesdale? Any relation to Brian Drysdale by any chance?

• The topic was locked
2 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

A few rumours at the ground today that nagy is homesick and wants to terminate his own contract . 

Nothing on twitter other than a 'efl rumour' which isnt the most reliable source although strange thing to make up !

Given the number of poor performances at Ashton Gate over the last 18 months or so, I reckon most of the squad must be  "home sick"!  :)

This is a circular rumour that started on a twitter account with like 75 followers, then posted on here, which is then read by people who go to the ground and tell their mates that they heard a rumour about it, who then often come back to OTIB and repeat the rumour after it's fallen off the front page.

This is the same as the HNM being signed for Chelsea stuff, except that was made up by someone on here (as speculation) while this was made up by a twitter page.

/closethread

19 minutes ago, underhanded said:

Nagy left Hungary as a  15 year old kid to play in an academy based in Spain, which was then moved to Portugal. We also signed him from Bologna, where he played for three seasons. Doesn't really strike me as a bloke pining for his hometown and mum's Goulash

Has anyone got a photo?

Let’s hope he’s back for Friday. Bloody hell, let’s really hope! One feels that if he’s not in the match day squad for Barnsley then an operation on the ankle is needed (as per LJ) meaning more time out.

Looks like the forgotten man, Korey Smith, could be (will be imo) our saviour in midfield before Nagy is back. Which is unbelievably unfathomable. 

Games such as the one today, shows that we really miss that bite in midfield that korey gives us. To hunt the ball down , break up play effectively and play the simple yet positive pass to the players that can create attacking opportunities for us if invaluable at the moment. We have been missing this for the best part of a couple of seasons now and it’s no coincidence that it’s because he has been absent during these times.

When Korey and Nagy are back, wow. What a fantastic platform for players such as Brownhill, Eliasson, O’dowda and Palmer to express themselves and play to their strengths. 

Brownhill, for me, is playing a deeper role due to the injuries we have faced. Once certain defensive minded players are back, we will (hopefully) see the Josh Brownhill that we saw in the season where we looked like world beaters for the first half of the season. The reigns will be fully off. He’s so much better in offensive areas than defensive areas. You don’t need coaching badges to be able to recognise this!

When Smith, Nagy- or both- return, you could also try something like.

Bentley 

Back 4

Smith Nagy

Brownhill Palmer Eliasson

Weimann

Alternatively v some teams.

Smith Nagy

O'Dowda Brownhill Eliasson

Weimann

The advantages of this include:

The double pivot factor- buys time for the defence.

Frees up Brownhill further forward.

He can drop back into the 3 during certain phases. A much more natural fit than Palmer, Paterson, Szmodics or O'Dowda for this.

In some phases in that 3, he'll be helping Smith and Nagy to form a strong barrier in front of the defence. In other phases, those 3 could control that midfield no doubt- quality and quantity!

The other idea being Brownhill moving back to the right but more advanced. He can help out Hunt/Pereira. Granted Eliasson other side supporting defensively may pose issues.

6 hours ago, RedEyez said:

Let’s hope he’s back for Friday. Bloody hell, let’s really hope! One feels that if he’s not in the match day squad for Barnsley then an operation on the ankle is needed (as per LJ) meaning more time out.

Looks like the forgotten man, Korey Smith, could be (will be imo) our saviour in midfield before Nagy is back. Which is unbelievably unfathomable. 

Games such as the one today, shows that we really miss that bite in midfield that korey gives us. To hunt the ball down , break up play effectively and play the simple yet positive pass to the players that can create attacking opportunities for us if invaluable at the moment. We have been missing this for the best part of a couple of seasons now and it’s no coincidence that it’s because he has been absent during these times.

When Korey and Nagy are back, wow. What a fantastic platform for players such as Brownhill, Eliasson, O’dowda and Palmer to express themselves and play to their strengths. 

Brownhill, for me, is playing a deeper role due to the injuries we have faced. Once certain defensive minded players are back, we will (hopefully) see the Josh Brownhill that we saw in the season where we looked like world beaters for the first half of the season. The reigns will be fully off. He’s so much better in offensive areas than defensive areas. You don’t need coaching badges to be able to recognise this!

I still think Massengo is a superb player who can maybe rotate a bit with Korey, ease Korey back in and Massengo stay mentally and physically fresh.

Those attacking players - Eliasson needs to start more, Brownhill is one of our best players and I agree he's so great in attacking areas. And O'Dowda is beginning to look like hes getting back to his best. So for me Palmer should do a lot more to get back into this side.

You then have the problem of Weimann up top on his own. The only thing i can think of that may work in him having rhe lone role is if O'Dowda is the one in behind. A runner with superb pace and energy and direct running through the middle with the ball.

With Brownhill, I prefer the thought of him playing a narrow right position. And we can then play Eliasson left, where instead of cutting back on left foot, which is great from the right when there is a target in there. Go down that left and get to the byeline and drill them in low. That would suit Weimann, O'Dowda or whoever else coming in.

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I still think Massengo is a superb player who can maybe rotate a bit with Korey, ease Korey back in and Massengo stay mentally and physically fresh.

Those attacking players - Eliasson needs to start more, Brownhill is one of our best players and I agree he's so great in attacking areas. And O'Dowda is beginning to look like hes getting back to his best. So for me Palmer should do a lot more to get back into this side.

You then have the problem of Weimann up top on his own. The only thing i can think of that may work in him having rhe lone role is if O'Dowda is the one in behind. A runner with superb pace and energy and direct running through the middle with the ball.

With Brownhill, I prefer the thought of him playing a narrow right position. And we can then play Eliasson left, where instead of cutting back on left foot, which is great from the right when there is a target in there. Go down that left and get to the byeline and drill them in low. That would suit Weimann, O'Dowda or whoever else coming in.

What is O’Dowda’s best? Is it head down running into defenders as that seems to be the majority of his output. If it comes off he scores a wonder goal as at Norwich last year, if it doesn’t then we lose it, he’s massively out of position and then we’re overstretched wide.

I can’t say we’re a stronger team with him in it.

Archived