IGNORED

Last year, this year....

Genghis Khan's pants

Might be interesting to some - just a basic and simplistic comparison between last season and this:

Last season after 13 games we had 19pts but after winning game 14 we didn't pick up any points until a win at match 19.

This season we are on 23pts so improvement there. 

In terms of the teams we have played compared to the results against those teams (or their equivalents e.g Luton are this year's Rotherham) last year, we are 2pts better off. However our record last year against the next 6 opponents reads as P6 W0 D4 L2 so surely an excellent opportunity to improve on last year, pick up more points and be in a good position approaching the halfway point of the season! Fingers crossed and here's to 3pts on Sunday!! COYR!

10 minutes ago, Genghis Khan's pants said:

Might be interesting to some - just a basic and simplistic comparison between last season and this:

Last season after 13 games we had 19pts but after winning game 14 we didn't pick up any points until a win at match 19.

This season we are on 23pts so improvement there. 

In terms of the teams we have played compared to the results against those teams (or their equivalents e.g Luton are this year's Rotherham) last year, we are 2pts better off. However our record last year against the next 6 opponents reads as P6 W0 D4 L2 so surely an excellent opportunity to improve on last year, pick up more points and be in a good position approaching the halfway point of the season! Fingers crossed and here's to 3pts on Sunday!! COYR!

Have you hacked my spreadsheet?  It’s exactly what I track too! ???

7E611366-67DE-41D0-8E8D-A4DEB72D758B.thumb.jpeg.1245ab9afbef3f11856318f77bdddcf5.jpeg

Serious question - what does comparing this season with the last actually prove anything?

Pretty much everything is different. The obvious change is the players of not only of City but every other Championship clubs where they’ve strengthened or in some cases become weakened.. The PL relegated along with the clubs promoted from L1 is yet another change....

Whilst comparison might be interesting to some, personally I can’t see the point for the reasons that I’ve posted.

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Serious question - what does comparing this season with the last actually prove anything?

Pretty much everything is different. The obvious change is the players of not only of City but every other Championship clubs where they’ve strengthened or in some cases become weakened.. The PL relegated along with the clubs promoted from L1 is yet another change....

Whilst comparison might be interesting to some, personally I can’t see the point for the reasons that I’ve posted.

Then don’t comment...

Thanks for the reply RR - I just find it an interesting thing to look at whilst totally accepting that it's a completely set of circumstances - I like to see where perhaps we can pick points up, where points were lost despite the limitations of the methodology. Just a bit of fun if you prefer!

That said, thanks to your input i feel that I've properly "made" it on OTIB now. Result!!!

36 minutes ago, Robbored said:

So don’t ask a question it what you’re saying then?

Once more in English.

1 hour ago, Genghis Khan's pants said:

Ha ha - yours is much more impressive!!!

28 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s been said before ???

giphy.gif

Archived