IGNORED

Southampton

Baldyman

7 minutes ago, Judda said:

I thought the Southampton manager was doing a half decent job too... saved them from relegation last season and could be doing worse this season...

33% win rate with them, not bad for a lower end prem manager

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

When Leicester scored the fourth I lost interest and changed channel.

0-9 is a serious thrashing in any league.

Begs the question  why turn over? It was obvious we were watching something out of the ordinary tonight. I carried on hoping for a 0-10, a Southampton goal??!! Or another red card... well anything really

6 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

BBC said 0-9 equals the premiership record.  Not sure who holds it though.

Embarassing to put it mildly, but not as embarassing as being relegated out of the football league by a team wearing your own kit of course.

Man Utd 9 Ipswich 0. Cole scored 5 which in itself was another record for a few years. Only a handful of players have equalled it since.

7 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Begs the question  why turn over? It was obvious we were watching something out of the ordinary tonight. I carried on hoping for a 0-10, a Southampton goal??!! Or another red card... well anything really

I have a soft spot for Southampton and didn’t want to see them getting hammered even more.

Yes it was against ten men, but this was further evidence that Rogers has built a very good team that is more than capable of a top four finish. 

Can't imagine too many teams would lose their key central defender in a big money move to a "bigger club" and still be as strong with an almost unknown and unheralded replacement performing admirably!

1 hour ago, downendcity said:

Yes it was against ten men, but this was further evidence that Rogers has built a very good team that is more than capable of a top four finish. 

Can't imagine too many teams would lose their key central defender in a big money move to a "bigger club" and still be as strong with an almost unknown and unheralded replacement performing admirably!

And I certainly can't imagine a team could do it twice in a row!

1 hour ago, downendcity said:

Would quite like them to finish top 4, push another ‘big club” out of the Champions League places.

1 hour ago, gordie said:

So is anyone going to slate the Southampton early leavers after all they could have scored one?

I think I would have stayed out of morbid fascination. After all, it could have been 10, 11 or who knows what and that`s something you`ll never see again in all probability.

It`s a bit like our 5-5 v Hull IMO, loads to complain about but you had to be there as you`re unlikely to witness it again.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Would quite like them to finish top 4, push another ‘big club” out of the Champions League places.

Think they will Dave.

Even allowing for the fact they were against 10 men last night, they demolished Saints and have been very good against top teams for the last 18 months.

The biggest threat to their top 4 ambitions is the threat from "bigger" clubs i.e. Man U , who are rumoured to be looking to sign Maddison and Chilwell in January.

1 hour ago, gordie said:

So is anyone going to slate the Southampton early leavers after all they could have scored one?

Not last might they couldn't!

With hindsight I suspect most now think they didn't leave early enough.

Archived