IGNORED

Sala

daored

Reported that Swansea fans have created fake boarding cards for Sala in preparation for tomorrow’s game.

It also had the name Mikey Dye who was a Cardiff fan who died at an England, Wales game.

What goes through peoples’ minds to create such an image ?

3 hours ago, daored said:

Reported that Swansea fans have created fake boarding cards for Sala in preparation for tomorrow’s game.

It also had the name Mikey Dye who was a Cardiff fan who died at an England, Wales game.

Unfortunately there are many brain dead idiots in the world

13 minutes ago, Meh said:

I posted this last night with a picture of the card (and a warning that it may offend).

Got deleted without any explanation or reason - a tad rude !!

You said in your post that the people that made those passes must be “wired incorrectly”, yet you think you deserve a reason or explanation as to why OTIB wouldn’t want to promote such shithousery?

You’re right though, some people are just wired wrong.

6 minutes ago, WesM said:

You said in your post that the people that made those passes must be “wired incorrectly”, yet you think you deserve a reason or explanation as to why OTIB wouldn’t want to promote such shithousery?

It’s not ‘promoting’ it though is it? There’s a lengthy discussion about racism that isn’t promoting racism. 

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

It’s not ‘promoting’ it though is it? There’s a lengthy discussion about racism that isn’t promoting racism. 

Posting a picture of the passes is definitely promoting it.

Can have as lengthy a discussion about is as you like, without further promoting the material?

The material was offensive and vile and was removed, the same way anything posted that’s racist in nature would be removed.

If someone is desperate to see what everyone is talking about, a quick google search will find what they’re looking for, but there isn’t and shouldn’t be a platform for it here.

Should probably add for clarity, I had nothing to do with its removal, this is just my opinion, but fully support whichever one of the mod team did pull it.

14 minutes ago, WesM said:

Rude again. It’s like stewards with keyboards in here.

Racism and fighting is allowable shithousery to debate but not a group of fans trying to upset their derby rivals with sick flyers?

Why is this thread still here if this is a subject we are not allowed to discuss?

2 minutes ago, WesM said:

Posting a picture of the passes is definitely promoting it.

Can have as lengthy a discussion about is as you like, without further promoting the material?

The material was offensive and vile and was removed, the same way anything posted that’s racist in nature would be removed.

If someone is desperate to see what everyone is talking about, a quick google search will find what they’re looking for, but there isn’t and shouldn’t be a platform for it here.

Should probably add for clarity, I had nothing to do with its removal, this is just my opinion, but fully support whichever one of the mod team did pull it.

Bullshit - the material was not removed- the whole thread was.

And don’t you dare accuse me of promoting it - I stated I thought it was vile and done the correct thing of warning the content could offend.

I wouldn't normally wade into such debates, but do think removing an entire thread, based on it potentially 'promoting' the image I think is daft. There's no way in hell, someone posting an image, is promoting it. 

It's showing the rest of us, what the subject matter is about. So now, instead, people have to Google it to find out exactly what the thread is referring to. 

Look, it's a braindead idea by some low life scum who came up with the idea to create these 'cards' or whatever, but we should be able to debate it without threads being edited or removed, surely?

To be fair, I read the thread last night and I think it was probably more likely to have been removed as it turned into a very unpleasant conversation/slanging match between two posters.

As for the picture of the “ticket”, it’s in today’s Mirror. As it’s text, an image or a description gives pretty much the same impact. I’m probably with @Meh here that he did warn people and didn’t glorify it - but I’m not sure that discussing it with or without seeing the picture attached is any different. If the mods think differently, fair enough, and if it was pulled for the image and not the slanging match, just delete that if it’s fair to discuss it?

25 minutes ago, Meh said:

And don’t you dare accuse me of promoting it - I stated I thought it was vile and done the correct thing of warning the content could offend.

agree 100% you weren't promoting it but don't let it get to you that it was removed. I can understand why it was .people see things in different ways and never worth an argument,even if its a keyboard one

28 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

agree 100% you weren't promoting it but don't let it get to you that it was removed. I can understand why it was .people see things in different ways and never worth an argument,even if its a keyboard one

Thanks for your comments.

I honestly have no issue with the removal - I thought about it for 10 minutes whether I should even raise what I have seen on here and then should I just say what I have seen or should I include the image - it was not done lightly as I was very conscious of the need to warn of content.

I just feel that if it is removed a mod should drop you a quick pm to say why e.g. I did not like it or another person was distressed by if it whatever. I know it is a busy job as I have done it before on an easier site than this to monitor but it takes seconds.

What I am angered about is the promoting it assumption by somebody that does not know me: just plain ignorant.

10 hours ago, daored said:

Worst fans in the League. Hope FA do something about them if they carry this out. 

1 hour ago, Meh said:

Thanks for your comments.

I honestly have no issue with the removal - I thought about it for 10 minutes whether I should even raise what I have seen on here and then should I just say what I have seen or should I include the image - it was not done lightly as I was very conscious of the need to warn of content.

I just feel that if it is removed a mod should drop you a quick pm to say why e.g. I did not like it or another person was distressed by if it whatever. I know it is a busy job as I have done it before on an easier site than this to monitor but it takes seconds.

What I am angered about is the promoting it assumption by somebody that does not know me: just plain ignorant.

I think the mods have done you a massive favour.

I see the police are now investigating this under the Malicious Communications Act...believe it or not, anyone who shares such content may be committing an offence! 

I know your intentions were purely innocent as you were as totally disgusted but this is a great reminder to all about sharing content online and on here...the last thing we want is to attract unwanted attention.

7 minutes ago, WestonRobin said:

I think the mods have done you a massive favour.

I see the police are now investigating this under the Malicious Communications Act...believe it or not, anyone who shares such content may be committing an offence! 

I know your intentions were purely innocent as you were as totally disgusted but this is a great reminder to all about sharing content online and on here...the last thing we want is to attract anymore unwanted attention.

8 hours ago, Meh said:

You know you can get into bother for even sharing it online do you? The old bill are on to this 

• Admin
15 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

To be fair, I read the thread last night and I think it was probably more likely to have been removed as it turned into a very unpleasant conversation/slanging match between two posters.

Exactly this.  

Although there could also be issues about publishing the picture and none of the mod team are lawyers, if it’s in the national press, then they have lawyers advising them and deep pockets if they do get action taken against them.

The more instances of an image on the Internet, the more widely distributed and longer lasting it will be. It's helpful to see the subject of any discussion but that desire needs to be balanced with making something that's deeply unpleasant available to a new audience - potentially an audience that doesn't have the benefit of the OTIB discussion to put it in context.

8 hours ago, Montpelierblue said:

You know you can get into bother for even sharing it online do you? The old bill are on to this 

I do now know this but only from info provided in this thread but that is slightly side-stepping the point I have tried to make in this thread.

It was new information at the time of sharing and once discovered later it was content that is dangerous to share I would have been the first person politely asking for it to be removed.

In hindsight it was good it was deleted but still the points stand that it would be nice to be told and don’t follow up accusing me of promoting it as that, for me, is putting me in a bracket of personality type that simply is not me.

Archived