IGNORED

Saikou Janneh - off to Torquay til January

Denbury Red

Just listened to GJ’s post match interview where he confirmed that Janneh was present at Torquay today and City had pronounced him fully fit.

He is to join them on loan until Jan as City may consider him ready for the first team squad by then. 

Loan deal to be announced on Monday ..

Good luck Saikou - it’ll be likely he will go straight into the team as Jamie Reid pulled his hamstring late in todays game is going to be out for a few weeks. 

Be interesting to see how he gets on ....

Opposite to Semenyo in many ways, a real natural finisher who will work hard and run in behind early. 

Hopefully he gets back to the form he showed last season and either comes back here on fire or goes out to a league club.

Just like Semenyo he's a very loveable character.

1 hour ago, Shtanley said:

Exactly what Korey said in commentary for the Charlton game.

Apparently they've both spent a lot of time together trying to get fit and Korey said he's got that passion for the game that could set him apart from the average player and he could have a big future.

From what little I know, he's a natural goalscorer, and as I said in a thread about Tammy Abraham (and got nailed for it), the goal posts never move and a goalscorer will always score with the right service (as TA is now proving).

The problem is, most managers expect more from a CF than just scoring goals. Bielsa with the Bamford/Neketiah situation is a perfect example 

Whilst understandable, being in the right place at the right time is an inherent skill and is often un-teachable. You either can or you can't and no amount of coaching will change that.

I feel sorry for him, I think like others injuries have hampered first team chances. Who knows what would have happened if Eisa hadn't got injured after a decent pre-season, or Adelukin come to that. Timing and luck come into it so much, I hope his desire is that extra 'X' factor to spur him on,  then you need that little luck of an early goal, I feel Semenyo needs that first strike too.

11 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Opposite to Semenyo in many ways, a real natural finisher who will work hard and run in behind early. 

Hopefully he gets back to the form he showed last season and either comes back here on fire or goes out to a league club.

Yep. Both got very different natural attributes. Many years of improving ahead for them both being 19.

I can imagine they could form a lethal partnership in the future.

Archived