IGNORED

The Tinkering Has To Stop

Xiled

1 minute ago, Lez said:

I have a sense of poor performance against a side that will be in a relegation battle.....yet outplayed us and if it wasnt for gavin Massey would have taken 3 points.

Yeah, we were poor today BUT we sit sixth having only lost two games. We might lose a few more in the coming weeks but what part of you fails to understand that we have key players on the treatment table that will improve things?

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Yeah, we were poor today BUT we sit sixth having only lost two games. We might lose a few more in the coming weeks but what part of you fails to understand that we have key players on the treatment table that will improve things?

No excuse for today's performance.

2 minutes ago, Lez said:

He started the last game....

And got taken off because he wasn’t doing anything. 
Granted, I’d forgotten that he’d started on Wednesday, but not starting him today was probably as a result of him not doing much when he did start last game. 

12 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Speak for yourself you *****.they need to learn to pick him up then he done it twice.

It was poor marking from City from two corners that in other games they would have had no problem defending.

Something or some one was at fault for both Wigan goals. 

I only saw the goals live and haven’t yet seen any replays to try and make that call.

Thought first half with 532 was mixed but an even overall as the score line suggested.  We played some ok stuff in patches, just not enough...although the referee cost us 2 or 3 breakaways.

Second, change at h-t....change of formation....we lost our shape, and Wigan by far the better team overall.  Did we need to change it?  Especially knowing Rodri would last til the hour at most?  Save by Bentley at 2-1 one-on-one crucial.

For me, if we are gonna go back 4, then Baker should’ve come off.  Lucky to not get 2 yellows too.  We miss Moore’s footballing ability, and defensively he’d pretty steady these days.

Weimann the pick of our players today.

6 minutes ago, Lez said:

No excuse for today's performance.

Wigan were far better than their lowly Championship position suggests. They pretty decent and did a good job at stifling our play. I’d  use that as an ‘excuse’ if I were looking for one.

1 minute ago, Sturny said:

I think it did, we were too lightweight in midfield so they ran at our defence with ease causing too much pressure 

How could LJ have made the midfield any less lightweight?

The lack of options due to injuries and loaning out Walsh and morrell meant that was all we could put in there today (apart from starting massengo, which would have been a major mistake). Therefore, going with a back five was basically all we could do

7 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

You like him thats your choice.

Liking him doesn’t make any difference. 

Calling him ‘the dwarf’ is just sad and says a lot about you more than anything

1 minute ago, JBFC II said:

The lack of options due to injuries and loaning out Walsh and morrell meant that was all we could put in there today (apart from starting massengo, which would have been a major mistake). Therefore, going with a back five was basically all we could do

Yeah, but dwarves and tinker-men...

4 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Liking him doesn’t make any difference. 

Calling him ‘the dwarf’ is just sad and says a lot about you more than anything

Should’ve started with 4 out back and started with massengo, more bodies in midfield were needed  

2 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Should’ve started with 4 out back and started with massengo, more bodies in midfield were needed  

With how poor massengo has looked in the last 2 games that wouldn’t have worked, we’d have still been overrun again. 

We need Nagy and Smith back ASAP to give Brownhill some support

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Thought first half with 532 was mixed but an even overall as the score line suggested.  We played some ok stuff in patches, just not enough...although the referee cost us 2 or 3 breakaways.

Second, change at h-t....change of formation....we lost our shape, and Wigan by far the better team overall.  Did we need to change it?  Especially knowing Rodri would last til the hour at most?  Save by Bentley at 2-1 one-on-one crucial.

For me, if we are gonna go back 4, then Baker should’ve come off.  Lucky to not get 2 yellows too.  We miss Moore’s footballing ability, and defensively he’d pretty steady these days.

Weimann the pick of our players today.

Moore got injured at the end of 1st half and limped off. I don’t think Johnson had a choice.

1 minute ago, Henry said:

Moore got injured at the end of 1st half and limped off. I don’t think Johnson had a choice.

Someone nearby me said he might have picked up a knock.  Wasn’t sure.  Understand the change then, although could’ve used Bailey Wright?  I would’ve probably done same though if TM injured.  Hope it’s nothing serious.  He’s been ace.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Someone nearby me said he might have picked up a knock.  Wasn’t sure.  Understand the change then, although could’ve used Bailey Wright?  I would’ve probably done same though if TM injured.  Hope it’s nothing serious.  He’s been ace.

Not sure Wright was the answer. Would have been a waste of a sub. I’m not a Watkins fan but I thought he could have been useful for some physicality.

Archived