IGNORED

Premier League My Arse - based on last 4 games

Lez

2 minutes ago, Lez said:

Let's be realistic here we are now being found out. The last 4 games 3 against poor sides we have had one good 45 minute spell 2nd half at Charlton.

Reading we were lucky, dominated in spells by them.....Luton we were dire.....Wigan we were dire.....charlton a 98th minute winner masked over the cracks. If we think this side is going up in a weak championship division we are delusional.

LJ you say you want BCFC identity.....we have no identity we never have had identity under your management.....we have no particular style of play, we have no consistency in selection, and we have no set structure. Today was utterly humiliating.

Yes we got a point. Deserved nothing. 

And what's the biggest worry? Our players who were keeping us in it getting us wins we didnt always deserve are now making mistakes.....Massengo last 2 games before today making lots of mistakes.....bently 2 games 2 mistakes today one costing us badly.

Those 2nd half tactics....lost, clueless, the players looked confused....havent thought so obvious since Mciness away at millwall those years ago.

And Kasey Palmer.....great ball Wednesday but for 4 million quid you are not doing enough.....not even close pull your finger out and have a look at yourself.

We are where we are because of a bang average 2019 championship and today along with the last month or so has not been good enough.

Cheer up mate. Kalas, Nagy, Smith, Dasilva and Afobe out. Half a team. 

Best to try to remember that 

Mentality of this group of players is unbelievable. To keep getting these late goals despite peformances. If we go up it will be down to that, a lot of teams don't have what we have.

1 minute ago, handsofclay said:

Fortunately, promotion to the Premier League isn't based on 4 games instead it is based on 46 matches.

Unless you're Swindon.

8 minutes ago, Lez said:

Let's be realistic here we are now being found out. The last 4 games 3 against poor sides we have had one good 45 minute spell 2nd half at Charlton.

Reading we were lucky, dominated in spells by them.....Luton we were dire.....Wigan we were dire.....charlton a 98th minute winner masked over the cracks. If we think this side is going up in a weak championship division we are delusional.

LJ you say you want BCFC identity.....we have no identity we never have had identity under your management.....we have no particular style of play, we have no consistency in selection, and we have no set structure. Today was utterly humiliating.

Yes we got a point. Deserved nothing. 

And what's the biggest worry? Our players who were keeping us in it getting us wins we didnt always deserve are now making mistakes.....Massengo last 2 games before today making lots of mistakes.....bently 2 games 2 mistakes today one costing us badly.

Those 2nd half tactics....lost, clueless, the players looked confused....havent thought so obvious since Mciness away at millwall those years ago.

And Kasey Palmer.....great ball Wednesday but for 4 million quid you are not doing enough.....not even close pull your finger out and have a look at yourself.

We are where we are because of a bang average 2019 championship and today along with the last month or so has not been good enough.

Lez is more .

6th in the table.

Unbeaten in 6 at home.

1 defeat in the last 13.

Nagy, Dasilva, Smith, Kalas all to return from injury.

Last six years:- L1 12th, L1 1st, C 18th, C 17th, C 11th, C 8th - and now 6th.

I’ve been following City for over 30 years now and can’t remember a period of such consistent incremental improvement over many years, and so many reasons to be cheerful.

If people can’t find in themselves to be at all optimistic or positive during a period like this, then go and support Barcelona or Man City like all the plastics elsewhere in our city.

26 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

6th in the table.

Unbeaten in 6 at home.

1 defeat in the last 13.

I’ve been following City for over 30 years now and can’t remember a period of such consistent incremental improvement over many years, and so many reasons to be cheerful.

If people can’t find in themselves to be at all optimistic or positive during a period like this, then go and support Barcelona or Man City like all the plastics elsewhere in our city.

spot on

We’ve been really poor  in the last 5 games really. Preston away it sounded like we played well.

Positive is that we are playing poorly but getting results with a squad decimated by injuries and now our only decent fit striker is out for 2 more games.

One real negative is why does LJ never get us playing well at home. This isn’t a recent thing - it’s been going on a long time now. I know today you can blame injuries etc but over a long period it hasn’t improved. 

Losing Afobe has been the real killer. You can see in the way we play, we need a player with his profile. There were too many crosses today with no one on the end of them. Weimann can't play that role either. That said, on balance we've had a good season so far, especially considering the injuries. 

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

6th in the table.

Unbeaten in 6 at home.

1 defeat in the last 13.

I just can’t get excited by the football we play, we lack any control, structure or pattern

Very rarely do we pin teams back and over run them either physically or technically 

We pick up scraps and the odd 5 mins of pressure and somehow scrape wins and draws

Appreciate we are top 6 but I can’t recall when I last came away from a league game feeling entertained and believing we were good value

I am amazed that we are the position we are in , for long periods the football isn’t great to watch but we do still seem to pick up the points.

A few years ago to me , it felt like we played much more exciting football ,  but then we often got beat by 3 or 4 goals at the same time.

I guess I would rather have the points , I think ?

8 minutes ago, Corshamred said:

I am amazed that we are the position we are in , for long periods the football isn’t great to watch but we do still seem to pick up the points.

A few years ago to me , it felt like we played much more exciting football ,  but then we often got beat by 3 or 4 goals at the same time.

I guess I would rather have the points , I think ?

Agreed. Although not knocking what we are achieving results wise, I do reckon we have to be up there for being one of the most boring of Championship sides to watch, home and away. Top 6 though, and i'll be honest, I wasn't expecting this at all so I'll take that for now.

The season we got to the play offs V Hull was not exactly like watching Brazil- I remember a number of matches we won or drew and thought how the **** did that happen?

IF we can be 6th after nearly a third of the season gone , playing not that well overall, with some very very good players to return AND a window to come.......

I'd say the OP is an arse and needs to celebrate being 1 win from the leaders.

Archived