IGNORED

Premier League My Arse - based on last 4 games

Lez

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Seriously need to replace Afobe in January though.

I’m sure Rodri is a good player and could well prove to be a useful striker. But it’s hard to tell, during a match where the ball never reached him. Our over cautious approach is starting to strangle our performances. Eliasson can’t save us either if the ball is stuck between the back five and defensive midfielders.

Well done to Wigan though for smothering us.

Big crowd, lots of newbies, chance of an auto- promotion slot and played at an odd time on Sunday..... absolute guarantee of a sloppy City performance.

Has always been the way.

Never learn. We always deliver our most abject performances in such circumstance.

Time we got our analytics team to tell LJ it’s complete bollox this idea about ‘rest’.

Just keep the ‘footballers body age-old clock cycle’ of Tues/Wed then Saturday and stop trying to be clever.  

No OP is bang on. LJ has said multiple times we need our identity back but who knows what that is? 

Only thing I see with us is we are hard to beat which is fair enough. Going forward I have no clue what we are outside of boring and predictable. I have been guilty of it but criticising our play isn’t the same as saying we are a poor side. We can as a fanbase not be happy with our style of play. We are generally devoid of any ideas on the ball. We chop and change 3-4 times a match not letting any momentum build. LJ is terrible at timing subs either going too early or too late. We have been relying on our defense and midfield to keep teams out. I am sick and tired of showing up at AG and being utterly bored with our attacking play amd nervous watching our defense and keeper snuff
out danger 98% of the time hoping it is enough.

Same questions remain about whether LJ can take us to the next level and I can’t see how anyone is more than unconvinced by him. If we had been dominate on Wed and at times today you wouldn’t hear anything from me but Charlton battered us at times and Wigan controlled large parts of today.

For me, at some point we have to show more improvement. We are still talking about do we finish top 6. Well there are 4-5 clubs that will be top 6 and thinking can we be top 2. I don’t see any reasons why we can’t be part of that conversation other than most of those sides have top managers. We have made giant strides under LJ in his almost 5 years but the first 2.5 were big leaps and the last 2.5 have been marginal. I am a couple pints in so possibly a bit over the top but when do we say LJ has got us as far as he will? Despite what the table says we aren’t better than we were from Boxing Day a couple years ago against wolves to feb last season to now. No better, marginal improvement and very similar and ordinary performances. 

10 minutes ago, Tammyjr said:

Truth hurts I know but let's face it if we can't beat wigan at home were SHIT I rest my case your honour ???

Yep, let's judge on one game shall we.

How about a comeback win v Charlton who drew at table topping WBA- and could have won- yesterday.

How about the 2-0 v QPR, okay not the best but they are riding quite high too- Nagy getting injured has really affected how we can build in, and control the midfield.

3 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Big crowd, lots of newbies, chance of an auto- promotion slot and played at an odd time on Sunday..... absolute guarantee of a sloppy City performance.

Has always been the way.

Never learn. We always deliver our most abject performances in such circumstance.

Time we got our analytics team to tell LJ it’s complete bollox this idea about ‘rest’.

Just keep the ‘footballers body age-old clock cycle’ of Tues/Wed then Saturday and stop trying to be clever.  

Well said..I'm inclined to agree about the extra days rest bollocks, don't think it's ever worked in our favour 

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

No OP is bang on. LJ has said multiple times we need our identity back but who knows what that is? 

Only thing I see with us is we are hard to beat which is fair enough. Going forward I have no clue what we are outside of boring and predictable. I have been guilty of it but criticising our play isn’t the same as saying we are a poor side. We can as a fanbase not be happy with our style of play. We are generally devoid of any ideas on the ball. We chop and change 3-4 times a match not letting any momentum build. LJ is terrible at timing subs either going too early or too late. We have been relying on our defense and midfield to keep teams out. I am sick and tired of showing up at AG and being utterly bored with our attacking play amd nervous watching our defense and keeper snuff
out danger 98% of the time hoping it is enough.

Same questions remain about whether LJ can take us to the next level and I can’t see how anyone is more than unconvinced by him. If we had been dominate on Wed and at times today you wouldn’t hear anything from me but Charlton battered us at times and Wigan controlled large parts of today.

For me, at some point we have to show more improvement. We are still talking about do we finish top 6. Well there are 4-5 clubs that will be top 6 and thinking can we be top 2. I don’t see any reasons why we can’t be part of that conversation other than most of those sides have top managers. We have made giant strides under LJ in his almost 5 years but the first 2.5 were big leaps and the last 2.5 have been marginal. I am a couple pints in so possibly a bit over the top but when do we say LJ has got us as far as he will? Despite what the table says we aren’t better than we were from Boxing Day a couple years ago against wolves to feb last season to now. No better, marginal improvement and very similar and ordinary performances. 

Battered WBA at times yesterday too, at the Hawthorns- the side top of the League.

No. Easy. Games.

Nonetheless, I have some nagging doubts about LJ.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yep, let's judge on one game shall we.

How about a comeback win v Charlton who drew at table topping WBA- and could have won- yesterday.

How about the 2-0 v QPR, okay not the best but they are riding quite high too- Nagy getting injured has really affected how we can build in, and control the midfield.

And lose 3 nill at Luton wtf

4 pts from 2 home was about what I was deep down expecting.

Wouldn't say it was a disaster, but still 2 dropped today- but then I thought it might be beat Wigan, be held by Charlton.

6th with half a team out and still to return- and surely this run of injuries will turn soon, it's beyond ridiculous- is not a terrible place to be.

I think the problem is although we are all happy we are currently in a play off position. (Only October I know) the football we have been playing in the last 12/18 months has been boring and painful to watch. 

Why can’t we start each half fast and attack the opposition instead of slow ponderous play allowing the opposition to get settled especially when we are at home. 

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Battered WBA at times yesterday too, at the Hawthorns- the side top of the League.

No. Easy. Games.

Nonetheless, I have some nagging doubts about LJ.

No no no. Don’t confuse my comments with me saying we should be top of the league. I have no illusions we should be doing anything. Just feel like I haven’t seen a good city performance for months. I have been to a few away games in the last 15 months and there have been some solid shifts but I can’t remember a dominate 90 shift since maybe Bobby Reid days. For a playoff type team I just feel we should have a few of these per season but does not feel like we have this season or going back to last?

Archived