IGNORED

Resting Massengo

old_eastender

56 minutes ago, Littlesh*t said:

That's a really short sited view, if players start to think we dont give 2 shits about there health and careers do you really think they will want to put 100% in for the team or want to sign additional contracts or sign for us in the 1st place. 

56 minutes ago, RedDave said:

One of the most ridiculous posts I’ve seen. It’s not about next season. It’s about not flogging him THIS season!  Have you not noticed how the likes of Brownhill and Pack have been tired after January? Do you want that to happen again to our players?

The fact that you don’t care about the long term well being of our players is crazy. 

He signed to play games. Why would he complain about playing games? If we need to rest him we can do so when Nagy and Smith are back. We should try and win games now. If the data says he's tired I have no problem with it. If we're resting him to prevent potential future burnout we shouldn't. Use him while we have him. Run down the tyre treads. He wants to be in the shop window so he can get that big fat Premier League payday ASAP. The way he joined us tells me he and his adviser team are smart.

We don't care about their health and careers. They're assets. Think LJ does? Think about Jens Hegeler. You remember when the club wanted to rush his treatment so he could get back on the pitch faster when he thought it could damage his long term health right? We care about what they're worth (which is why I said about if he's risking injury more than usual) and what they can do for us. We only care about the perception that we care about the long term health and development of our players. Not the reality. Stick that injection in Adam Nagy, cut that bone out if it doesn't work. You're crazy if you think we really care about anything more than what we can get out of them!

If we cared about burnout.. where is the rest for Brownhill? Where was it for Pack? As you point out, we'll happily flog players if they're the best option. Why make an exception for HNM? Players know it's a business. It's only fans that pretend it isn't. They will sign where the most £££ is. He signed for us to use us as a stepping stone and we signed him to use him then sell him. I have no problem with any of that.

He's using us and we're using him. Why do you care more about HNM than Bristol City?

4 hours ago, RedDave said:

Can’t keep flogging someone so young. There is a bigger picture to look at. Well done Lee for looking at it 

What I would have posted. He is 18 and ideally wouldn’t have come on at all today. The fact he had to should embarrass the eleven 23-35 year olds on the pitch

20 minutes ago, Prinny said:

He signed to play games. Why would he complain about playing games? If we need to rest him we can do so when Nagy and Smith are back. We should try and win games now. If the data says he's tired I have no problem with it. If we're resting him to prevent potential future burnout we shouldn't. Use him while we have him. Run down the tyre treads. He wants to be in thew shop window so he can get that big fat Premier League payday ASAP. The way he joined us tells me he and his adviser team are smart.

We don't care about their health and careers. They're assets. Think LJ does? Think about Jens Hegeler. You remember when the club wanted to rush his treatment so he could get back on the pitch faster when he thought it could damage his long term health right? We care about what they're worth (which is why  said about if he's risking injury more than usual) and what they can do for us. We only care about the perception that we care about the long term health and development of our players. Not the reality. Stick that injection in Adam Nagy, cut that bone out if it doesn't work. You're crazy if you think we really care about anything more than what we can get out of them!

If we cared about burnout.. where is the rest for Brownhill? Where was it for Pack? As you point out, we'll happily flog players if they're the best option. Why make an exception for HNM? Players know it's a business. It's only fans that pretend it isn't. They will sign where the most £££ is. He signed for us to use us as a stepping stone and we signed him to use him then sell him. I have no problem with any of that.

He's using us and we're using him. Why do you care more about HNM than Bristol City?

As Dave said, absolutely the worst post/opinion I've ever seen. 

6 minutes ago, Prinny said:

The worst posts I see are the ones that say another post is wrong without being able/bothering to explain why they think it is. 

It has been explained c.20 times already in this thread, including in my previous reply. 

I don't really see that a player given the right treatment that a pro football club can give should suffer 'burn out', certainly not at 18 which is the exact age where we as humans have all the right attributes for endurance. It is the age that males reach their physical peak, so playing once or twice a week should not be a problem.  All footballers want to play every match, he might be going through a rather ordinary patch of form at the moment, let's face it supporters are pretty quick to escalate a player to legendary status and then just as quick to strip them of it. 

2 hours ago, Prinny said:

He signed to play games. Why would he complain about playing games? If we need to rest him we can do so when Nagy and Smith are back. We should try and win games now. If the data says he's tired I have no problem with it. If we're resting him to prevent potential future burnout we shouldn't. Use him while we have him. Run down the tyre treads. He wants to be in the shop window so he can get that big fat Premier League payday ASAP. The way he joined us tells me he and his adviser team are smart.

We don't care about their health and careers. They're assets. Think LJ does? Think about Jens Hegeler. You remember when the club wanted to rush his treatment so he could get back on the pitch faster when he thought it could damage his long term health right? We care about what they're worth (which is why I said about if he's risking injury more than usual) and what they can do for us. We only care about the perception that we care about the long term health and development of our players. Not the reality. Stick that injection in Adam Nagy, cut that bone out if it doesn't work. You're crazy if you think we really care about anything more than what we can get out of them!

Don’t be a prat mate. Nobody loves HNM more than City and to suggest otherwise makes it seem like you don’t get the counter arguments being put to you. 

13 hours ago, Prinny said:

I wouldn't bother, there's some people here who are calling you out but also suggested Massengo plays in the team starting line up suggestion thread... 

This is why rotation is key, and it's why LJ has wanted to grow the squad over the past few years. Before, with a smaller squad, we were running ourselves ragged and going on huge winless runs at the end of the season.

Massengo is a rare talent, but he needs a proper rest. In an ideal world we would've told him to take 2-3 weeks off during the international break and to get him on a plane to somewhere nice and warm to rest, so that he can hit the ground running when he came back.

Rotation is needed for a club looking to challenge near the top. We cannot rely on individual talent, and we need a plan to rotate any player out when it is needed. If it's not an established player, then it should be an academy player that can jump in for 30-45 minutes and try to stake a claim.

Archived