Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Badger08

Paterson

19 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

does anyone know if kalas and naggy will be back for Barnsley. especially kalas. the 2 goals today were poor defending. 

Kalas won’t be I doubt, Nagy (not Naggy) will probably be back for Cardiff as well

36 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

does anyone know if kalas and naggy will be back for Barnsley. especially kalas. the 2 goals today were poor defending. 

Think who we actually missed today was Fammy as it's him who wins most headers from defensive corners. Don't think he gets enough credit for that side of his game.

• Like 10

The old thing about someone being better than he is when he’s not playing. He’s another one who turns up 1 game in 25 

step over step over then runs into trouble . He’s not good enough . Like elliasson , flatters to deceive 

57 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

We miss him.

You cannot be serious. The best bit of business we did was getting rid of him to Derby. Hopefully we will not see him again. When the going got tough he disappeared.

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

He is the most frustrating player we have. I don’t ever want him back. 

I partially agree, but Freeman is another contender. His step over, step over, step over and then step over again just for luck before losing the ball drove me mad 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Abingdon Red said:

The player we really miss is Afobe.

Agree, lacked a physical presence up front to compete with their defence - Afobe is a big miss!

1 minute ago, Redwhitepurple said:

We miss pack 😂😂😂 next stop, stand up comedy

Would've helped shore us up today, no?

Hypothetically. Pack, Brownhill, Massengo- some good stability there, also would have helped to give Brownhill more license- made us harder to play through.

• Like 1

I think Paterson is better than Szmodics, so because we're using Szmodics, it makes me miss Paterson.

With a fully fit squad I don't think we'd miss Pack as I'd have 4 CMs ahead of him. Brownhill, Massengo, Nagy and Smith.

16 hours ago, bengalcub said:

We miss pack and taylor but only due to injuries...

I couldn’t agree more. Super Bob would have a field day playing in this team. We’d probably be up already. 

13 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yes. 

Could have done with keepng one out of Walsh, Morrell or Pack too though.

We don't miss Pack or Walsh.

Morrell - not seen enough of him to say we miss him.

2 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

We don't miss Pack or Walsh.

Morrell - not seen enough of him to say we miss him.

We do, by dint of quantity.

If you think 2 in CM is the way to go- by which I mean flogging Brownhill, Massengo to death then good for you, but we saw it with Brownhill and Pack last season what playing 2 week in week out can do- Pack would help to bring some stability in CM.

You really think Brownhill as the only orthodox CM in a 3 is the way to go, as we saw yesterday? Walsh could work in a 3, Morrell could- Pack certainly could. Just fdeels like we are/were one too light owing to rotation, tactics and yes, unfortunately horrendous injuries.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

We do, by dint of quantity.

If you think 2 in CM is the way to go- by which I mean flogging Brownhill, Massengo to death then good for you, but we saw it with Brownhill and Pack last season what playing 2 week in week out can do- Pack would help to bring some stability in CM.

You really think Brownhill as the only orthodox CM in a 3 is the way to go, as we saw yesterday? Walsh could work in a 3, Morrell could- Pack certainly could. Just fdeels like we are/were one too light owing to rotation, tactics and yes, unfortunately horrendous injuries.

The last thing we need is Pack to slow our game down either further 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

In fairness to Pack, he played in a '2'- unsure this suited him, or got the best out of him. Thinking the Brownhill-Pack 4-2-3-1, in which incidentally they both got flogged- 2 often having to work overtime vs 3. Paterson or Palmer never a 3rd CM.

How good was Pack in 2017/18 after all, especially before Christmas and a bit after- alongside Smith, plus able to flood the centre as and when.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

7 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

That annoyed me so much about Pack, he'd make good passes but you'd see what he was trying to do 5 minutes before he made the pass.

Apart from his rare no look passes of course 

Edited by Sturny

We miss Nagy a hell of a lot more than we miss Patterson!

I am happy that the club recognise the need to upgrade Paterson , Pack and others and have acted accordingly.

Nothing against those two lads but we were never going to get promoted with them as regulars .

10 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I am happy that the club recognise the need to upgrade Paterson , Pack and others and have acted accordingly.

Nothing against those two lads but we were never going to get promoted with them as regulars .

If someone can get their early 2017/18 season form over the entire season I think they could do it. Whether that's possible I don't know.

Can't deny they played their socks off that season up until the Wolves game.