IGNORED

Players' car park.

Drew Peacock

16 hours ago, fanjita said:

I wouldn’t have thought his motor was over 3 years old, so no MOT required

On the official gov.uk car tax website thing, it does say expired MOT. On an exempt car (less than 3 years old), it would say no details held.

But, it could be because it's a personalised plate and the actual original reg (which we don't know) has a valid MOT or is exempt and the switch over is still processing on the systems.

2 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Can anyone remember Kevin Mabbutt driving a car with “Kevin Mabbutt  Superstar” plastered all over it? He looked like a total prat 

:laugh: yes! I used to see that car parked outside my next door neighbours house quite regularly,  they were cousins, also used to see Gary there too, even after he had transferred to Spurs

6 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Can anyone remember Kevin Mabbutt driving a car with “Kevin Mabbutt  Superstar” plastered all over it? He looked like a total prat 

Ha ha, that rings a bell in my cider soaked memory! When I was a kid, the block of flats in Stoke Bishop were known by all as 'the mabbutt flats'. 

3 hours ago, spudski said:

This beauty?

Kevin Mabbutt.

That’s not the one. @Frenchay Red suggested a red Lotus Esprit and I think he’s right. There doesn’t seem to be any photographs of it on line. Perhaps Kevin Mabbutt was so embarrassed, later in life, that he managed to remove them. 

3 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Sigh, I remember the day when players used to turn up in their horse-drawn carts.  I miss those good old days.

That’s because you used to follow behind them scooping up the horse poo to use on your allotment 

2 hours ago, pongo88 said:

That’s not the one. @Frenchay Red suggested a red Lotus Esprit and I think he’s right. There doesn’t seem to be any photographs of it on line. Perhaps Kevin Mabbutt was so embarrassed, later in life, that he managed to remove them. 

https://www.google.co.uk/search?sxsrf=ACYBGNQR5KZhFevYOzqCkdBdVIARVmTB6g%3A1572616337451&source=hp&ei=kTi8XdKNGcXHwALEh4rgAQ&q=kevin+mabbutt+lotus+car&oq=&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-hp.1.0.35i362i39l4.0.0..3158...1.0..0.0.0.......0...........4.vm3sbFCGLR8#imgrc=E6PjXkNC_2pN1M:

I heard a tale at the time, I have absolutely no idea whether it is true or not, that Kevin Mabbutt was in the Lotus dealer being cool, with his white jacket draped over his shoulders, when the jacket slipped and landed in some oil.  

As I say, no idea if it is true or a pre-internet bit of fake news!

1 minute ago, TomF said:

No technically the insurance would be invalid.  

I thought that if a vehicle complied with all the requirements of the MOT, and was therefore fully roadworthy, not having a valid MOT was not grounds for invalidating the insurance?

Best to keep your MOT up-to-date though!

17 hours ago, pongo88 said:

No. It said "Kevin Mabbut Striker" and it was the sponsoring dealership that insisted on that. Met Kevin many times, knew his girlfriend's mother. He was a very nice, polite nice lad .

1 hour ago, jayjay said:

No. It said "Kevin Mabbut Striker" and it was the sponsoring dealership that insisted on that. Met Kevin many times, knew his girlfriend's mother. He was a very nice, polite nice lad .

It’s not just me who can remember him having “Kevin Mabbutt Superstar” on his car - see post 36 in the link below.  Perhaps he had more than one car, at different times, with different slogans on each 

https://www.onetouchfootball.com/forum/one-touch-football/world/30467-people-whose-voices-aren-t-right/page2#post1259764

Archived