IGNORED

Playing out from back

Topper 123

On 27/10/2019 at 20:46, hodge said:

Lack of players with the ability to hold onto the ball from long balls? You lose it and it can come straight back at you again. Brownhill has seemingly taken over the Pack role of picking the ball up deep looking to distribute, however when one of your next passes is Palmer he's not the safest person to be passing to in your own half.

Palmer is very nonchalant in our own half or in midfield wit the ball, very dangerous. He plays like in scholyard. Extremly talenten player with good passes but he can not dribble and lose the ball in midfield. Often he tries to dribble instead of play a quick pass.

On 28/10/2019 at 11:26, BigTone said:

We had a habit last season of taking quick free kicks which regularly backfired. Sometimes I think it is better to take your time, get players into position (and get their breath) and take it from there,

On the other hand, has the quick attacking freekick died?

There was one second half where the referee made it get retaken so he could use the spray and mark 10 yards for a 1 man wall.

Can't remember the last time I saw a referee allow an attacking (i.e. further into the opposition's half than the centre circle) freekick.

Henry scored an infamous one against Chelsea and I'm sure I've seen City score from quickly taken freekicks before (not necessarily the freekick being a goal, but resulting in one).

Now it's a freekick awarded, wait 20 seconds for the referee to mark where the ball needs to be and where the wall has to go, and then the referee taking his position. It gives the defense plenty of time to regroup.

On 27/10/2019 at 19:32, Magger1 said:

Can anyone see why we play out every time from the back we are not Barcelona,today we lost the ball on numerous accounts from OVER PASSING , it allows teams to push high on you and soon as a pass goes astray then your deep in the shit 

Ugh. 

20 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

75.4% pass success.

https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/182/Show/England-Bristol-City

Personally think Baker is the second best CB we have after Kalas. 

I don’t put too much emphasis on defenders pass completion stats largely - as we saw against Wigan - they regularly pass 20/30yrds  to each other with little of no chance of being intercepted or going astray.

More valuable stats are those of the midfielders.....

26 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I don’t put too much emphasis on defenders pass completion stats largely - as we saw against Wigan - they regularly pass 20/30yrds  to each other with little of no chance of being intercepted or going astray.

More valuable stats are those of the midfielders.....

In the context of playing out from the back it would not be. 

If the centre backs cannot consistently keep the ball (75%+) in a team building from the first third … Why? The retention of the football from CB's in teams playing possession based football building through thirds is normally higher than the midfielders.  

6 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

In the context of playing out from the back it would not be. 

If the centre backs cannot consistently keep the ball (75%+) in a team building from the first third … Why? The retention of the football from CB's in teams playing possession based football building through thirds is normally higher than the midfielders.  

I’m saying Cowshed, that pass completions stats can be misleading. Clearly the defenders will have better stats for the reason I posted earlier.

Midfielders on the hand will have less impressive stats as their passes are generally higher risk. Same applies to the strikers.

22 hours ago, Trueredsupporter said:

Can any stattos on here tell me how accurate Bakers passing is or where i can look it up??

Using Wyscout and looking at championship games only (discounted QPR cup game) Baker has an 82.7 overall pass success % however its the lowest of our CB's, when you look at forward passing % it drops to 64.8% where Moore, Williams and Kalas are mid 70's, long passing accuracy % is 42.2% where the other 3 are 60%(Williams, Kalas) and Moore is 52.7%, Baker has the highest avg pass length by over a metre and only Kalas has fewer progressive passes then Baker per 90.

5 minutes ago, hodge said:

Using Wyscout and looking at championship games only (discounted QPR cup game) Baker has an 82.7 overall pass success % however its the lowest of our CB's, when you look at forward passing % it drops to 64.8% where Moore, Williams and Kalas are mid 70's, long passing accuracy % is 42.2% where the other 3 are 60%(Williams, Kalas) and Moore is 52.7%, Baker has the highest avg pass length by over a metre and only Kalas has fewer progressive passes then Baker per 90.

Thanks, interesting stuff. Webster's stats last year must've been off the charts!

WhoScored is not so reliable then?

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

I’m saying Cowshed, that pass completions stats can be misleading. Clearly the defenders will have better stats for the reason I posted earlier.

Midfielders on the hand will have less impressive stats as their passes are generally higher risk. Same applies to the strikers.

The thread title is playing out from the back. Yes there would be a difference in %.The Centre backs statistics should show a difference. That should be a clear expectation. I would want my centre backs to be able and to be performing passes that the midfielders would in general not be. The passing patterns to get out from the back can and do differ to those in midfield. Stats/passing maps identifying that would not be misleading. 

Archived