IGNORED

Kiefer Moore

LeeJohnsonsFlatCap

14 minutes ago, LeeJohnsonsFlatCap said:

Can see why wanted to sign him. Won absolutely everything in the air for them today. He could have been our plan B!

I can’t, and not because he didn’t play well (he did). I’m not sure how he’d have fit in our team - only, as you say, as a club in the bag plan B. And he’d have been too pricy for that.

Looked decent, but not a player that fits in the way we want to play tbh

For only £2m I think he was worth the risk, with players like Weimann around him his control flick ons would create chances. Also if you play Eliasson he would be the perfect target. Wigan never really got any crosses from byeline just long balls up to him, which he controlled and distributed well.

I was very excited about maybe signing him in the summer. Watched everything I could find on him. Surprising pace for such a big man. 

However even though he certainly caused problems and played well today, I'm not sure he's what I want now. I think we need to continue to look for on the shoulder types.

Agree with many comments on here, despite LJ assertions Wigan were a very decent side in false position , I thought Moore playing in a better team , than Wigan, with some of our players when on song would have been a real option and handful, sadly never to be.  It is a player like that we do not have, and LJ  on the You Tube  BCFC channel more or less admits that.   Players like AW would thrive on working off a striker of that ilk

Watching him today and thinking of the amount of quality crosses we put into the box I think he would have scored a hatful of goals for us so far this season. I was also impressed with his hold up play which would be appreciated by our midfielders. He certainly would have been a great plan b.

9 hours ago, BITW said:

On a similar note FWIW I thought their CB (21) was class today and won most everything! And yes I realise it was the other CB who scored 2.

Kipre is a rock. Like the look of him and have been keeping an eye on him since he moved there from Scotland. Only 22 and was in PSGs academy. 

Dunkley the one that scored twice has as many this season as our top scorer now(Weimann 5). Was a bit mad he got free twice in our box

Archived