IGNORED

Southampton - wage donation.

Bristol Rob

Good gesture - I have bad days in work where shit goes bad with my name all over it but you do the best you can to rectify and move on - I still want my salary for the week so the fact these are giving it up has to be good irrespective of the fact they earn shed loads!!

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I will always have lots of time and respect for Southampton FC for how they supported our club during our darkest hours in 1982 - and the same goes for Ipswich Town FC - won’t hear a word against those two .... never forget ...

I've got vague recollections of watching the benefit game they played. I've buried it so deep, so deep. It's like you've resurrected a false memory.

3 minutes ago, miketh2nd said:

I don't like they gave to charity because they felt guilty!? You should give to charity because you want to not to cover the cracks because you had a bad day at the office . 

What a negative way of looking at it. Please tell me more about your outlook on life.

8 hours ago, JammyOne said:

What a negative way of looking at it. Please tell me more about your outlook on life.

I love Charity and give to many different causes but I do this because I want to give.....if you made a mistake at work which we all do you do not need to make a gesture just because you feel bad. Giving to Charity should be something you do because you want to help others not take away what was just a bad day at the office at the end of the day.

Yes it was a bad result and I'm not condoning that they gave to charity it is a good thing but for me it is annoying how it reported to be frank. 

Surely it's the fans who should get some money?  With the wages that Prem players earn now.........I estimate that if everyone from the squad who played that day (Bertrand pays double!} donated a weeks wages, then supporters would all get a free ticket for next home match?  PS Only half joking! ??

Archived