IGNORED

Lee Johnson is now currently the 8th longest active football league manager

Eastside Moonwalker

10 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I'd say relative to most active managers he is very inexperienced.

Much like Rovers fans, it's all relative.

Fair enough ... it’s an interesting debate.

However, LJ has managed loads more games than people such as Marco Silva, Mark Warburton, Michael Appleton, Gary Rowett etc - and I don’t think many people would consider those guys to be inexperienced managers - in fact Appleton has managed seven clubs ....

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Fair enough ... it’s an interesting debate.

However, LJ has managed loads more games than people such as Marco Silva, Mark Warburton, Michael Appleton, Gary Rowett etc - and I don’t think many people would consider those guys to be inexperienced managers - in fact Appleton has managed seven clubs ....

2 of those clubs as caretaker manager after a fair bit of time as an assistant manager or first team coach.

Equally no one is saying there are no managers less experienced than Johnson.

11 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

He has worked his magic by moving us from Championship bottom three to a play off spot during the season.

But when the chips are down, it is guaranteed 200%, that we are overtaken by at least seven other clubs who WANT PROMOTION MORE THAN WE DO.

Sorry for shouting at you but get real. Our home form is so erratic, we stand zero chance of automatic or play off again this season.

PUTTING WORDS IN UPPERCASE DOES NOT MAKE YOUR RANDOM PERCENTAGE ANYMORE TRUE

21 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

So it is alright to waste points at home like we do? Two pathetic draws that should have been wins, would have us at the top of the pile now. And how much would that increase the squad's confidence?

At the end of the season, when we miss out again by three points, just think back to the games with Wigan, Boro'.

Wigan - we deserved to lose and got a point. Played terrible.

Boro - Again not at our best, but we almost came away with a win if it wasn’t for a questionable offside.

WBA - Currently top, Drew against Reading,  Barnsley and Millwall at home this season... will they miss out on top 6?

Leeds - 3rd, dropped points at home against Derby on top of losing away to Millwall.... Top 6 out the window?

Swansea - 4th, Have lost to Stoke and Drew with Reading at home this season.... Mid table finish expected?

Sheff Wed - 5th Lost at home to QPR and Lost away to Millwall. So based on your equation of dropping points against lower opponents, no one is making the top 6 this season?

Everyone will have a bad day at the office and slip up, but already I’m seeing a progression from this season which we didn’t have last. Numerous games this season we have been struggling to create chances but somehow manage to get a winner/equaliser whereas last season we’d have slumped to defeat in those games. 

Carry on the way we’re going and I’m sure we’ll be in the play offs come the seasons end

Archived