IGNORED

Football Shirt Retro Range...

spudski

...thought I'd share this 1980s FA Cup final inspired range from West Ham which I think is stunning. Prices good too.

This season's kit was inspired by the same season...and is West Ham's biggest seller.

This season's is made by Umbro...yet the Retro range is made by Admiral, which is true of its original.

I thought that was refreshing...seeing two manufacturers being sold by the Club.

It got me thinking as to whether City would ever consider getting Umbro to produce a vintage range from our First Division days.

I know many blokes of mid life, consider this the best City kit ever produced. I'm not a shirt wearer...but would definitely buy a home and away.

Considering how many middle aged men follow the Club...is there a market for a retro range? I know many other Clubs do it.

And yes I know the likes of Toffs produce replicas...but they aren't the same.

https://www.officialwesthamstore.com/fashion/the-fashion-edit/the-1980-collection

12 minutes ago, David Brent said:

Why not?

At Scunthorpe away a couple of seasons ago, I wore my Nibor Purple shirt to the match. I'm in my 50s. The shirt was over 25 years old. I didn't and I still don't care whether people think that I shouldn't be wearing that old football shirt. Why? I'll tell you why, because I was still able to get into it!

2 hours ago, Lewisdabaron said:

Middle aged men should not be wearing replica shirts.

The only thing worse than middle aged men wearing football shirts, is some jumped up little Naughty Word telling them that they shouldn’t be wearing one. 
I’m middle aged (40) I don’t wear mine often, but I always buy one and where it when & where I like. 
Especially around people who say that I shouldn’t..! 

3 hours ago, spudski said:

...thought I'd share this 1980s FA Cup final inspired range from West Ham which I think is stunning. Prices good too.

This season's kit was inspired by the same season...and is West Ham's biggest seller.

This season's is made by Umbro...yet the Retro range is made by Admiral, which is true of its original.

I thought that was refreshing...seeing two manufacturers being sold by the Club.

It got me thinking as to whether City would ever consider getting Umbro to produce a vintage range from our First Division days.

I know many blokes of mid life, consider this the best City kit ever produced. I'm not a shirt wearer...but would definitely buy a home and away.

Considering how many middle aged men follow the Club...is there a market for a retro range? I know many other Clubs do it.

And yes I know the likes of Toffs produce replicas...but they aren't the same.

https://www.officialwesthamstore.com/fashion/the-fashion-edit/the-1980-collection

The strange thing is, the chevron shirt was first worn by the Hammers in the 1976 European Cup Winners Cup Final against Anderlecht and expired in May 1980 when the club changed supplier to Adidas; http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/West_Ham_United/West_Ham_United.htm . So its really a 70s shirt. But then I dont have a life. Time for cocoa. Night all.

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

The only thing worse than middle aged men wearing football shirts, is some jumped up little Naughty Word telling them that they shouldn’t be wearing one. 
I’m middle aged (40) I don’t wear mine often, but I always buy one and where it when & where I like. 
Especially around people who say that I shouldn’t..! 

Good news mate, you are not* middle aged, far from it.

*Based on the fact I am 47 and most certainly do not** consider myself middle aged.

**Others opinions may vary, especially my wife's.

17 hours ago, Lewisdabaron said:

Middle aged men should not be wearing replica shirts.

Bollocks! I'm 62 and still wear one when I feel like it (although not this years shirt as I dislike the badge). If I can't wear a replica shirt, I want a ban on men under 40 (especially those who can't grow facial hair) wearing a 3 piece suit. 

8 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Bollocks! I'm 62 and still wear one when I feel like it (although not this years shirt as I dislike the badge). If I can't wear a replica shirt, I want a ban on men under 40 (especially those who can't grow facial hair) wearing a 3 piece suit. 

Sorry, but you and I are beyond middle aged, so don’t count!

Wouldn't be nice if we lived in a world where we are not told what to wear by people we probably don't even know.. The only person I've told not to wear something is my son; wanted to wear his power rangers suit to the shops. I did not approve oh and he is 21! 

I have a few city tops and last years Robin training jacket.. I'm also middle aged. I also no longer reside in the best City in the world. So when I do Don the red and white of city, among the Chelsea and other London clubs near by, it gets people talking. 

Wear what you wants lads n lasses and wear it with pride. 

12 minutes ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

Only thing I find strange is grown men wearing the shirts with players names on, especially when the player is young enough to be their kid. 

I usually buy one to sit around in around the house or to go for a run etc 

At 72 the only run I do is in the car but still wear my BCFC shirts when I want :help:

18 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

At Scunthorpe away a couple of seasons ago, I wore my Nibor Purple shirt to the match. I'm in my 50s. The shirt was over 25 years old. I didn't and I still don't care whether people think that I shouldn't be wearing that old football shirt. Why? I'll tell you why, because I was still able to get into it!

darth.jpg.9d365342c86540cfc11224f350f1254e.jpg

15 hours ago, BS3City said:

I am middle aged and recently wore my replica away shirt with pride whilst strolling along a Spanish seafront one evening.

Any little oik who considers this wrong is entitled to his opinion, but can frankly kiss my arse.

That's what will happen if you will wear a thong with your replica shirt.

28 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

Odd how?

Because I associate a full kit with being a present bought for children on their birthday so that they can run around in the garden going "I'm Scotty Murray".

On a grown man it doesn't, to me, look right.

I accept that I am arbitrarily picking out a point of oddness in the gradation of kit wearing which to my mind runs like this; though not in an accumulative fashion.  I don't find it odd that an adult goes up to no. 5 but I would find no. 8 very odd.  Quite a few people think that an adult should stop at 2 but as I already have 3 & 4 that's me out.

1. Enamel badge
  2. Hat or Scarf
  3. Cotton vintage replica shirt
  4. Past season shirt
  5. Current season shirt
  6. Current season shirt with player's name
  7. Full kit
  8. Full kit with player's name

Archived