IGNORED

The wrong Watkins

DaveInSA

Did Ashton and Johnson get confused?

i think they heard about some Watkins guy who is sharp and scores goals.

They only went as far as “M” and thought that was there man....

In all seriousness, this lad is brilliant, we would be serious challengers if he were in our side.

4 hours ago, DaveInSA said:

In all seriousness, this lad is brilliant, we would be serious challengers if he were in our side.

Think they are quoting 15 to 20 million 

18 minutes ago, 054123 said:

I wonder in which area he failed to convince city, whilst he was at Exeter?

How do we know he did? I thought we tried for him, and seem to remember something on here not long ago suggesting that someone (can’t remember who) had advised him to go to Brentford rather than us. So it could have been the other way round. 

• Admin
19 minutes ago, italian dave said:

How do we know he did? I thought we tried for him, and seem to remember something on here not long ago suggesting that someone (can’t remember who) had advised him to go to Brentford rather than us. So it could have been the other way round. 

6 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

As mentioned above, don't think it was the case he failed to convince us.

We were heavily in for him and he chose Brentford over us and probably a few other options.

That is my understanding of the situation that we were in talks but ultimately he chose Brentford over us

24 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Probably Ian Wright 

21 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

As mentioned above, don't think it was the case he failed to convince us.

We were heavily in for him and he chose Brentford over us and probably a few other options.

That’s sad.

Hopefully wouldn’t happen now.

9 hours ago, DaveInSA said:

Its who i thought we signed originally was very excited. That soon dried up

11 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

Well you've gotta say there's not really a lot between us in terms of attracting a player.

Brentford just as likely to be promoted, if not more so, so would probably depend on how much we went in with the wages.

How are Brentford more likely to be promoted than us?

1 hour ago, 054123 said:

I wonder in which area he failed to convince city, whilst he was at Exeter?

He was extensively scouted by us - report back from the scout had every box ticked & came along with the highest possible recommendation,,,,then??....'the club' failed to act......was Harry that mentioned the scout was uber pissed off that' we'd been twiddling our thumbs as we were then in the 'box seat...

15 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

He was extensively scouted by us - report back from the scout had every box ticked & came along with the highest possible recommendation,,,,then??....'the club' failed to act......was Harry that mentioned the scout was uber pissed off that' we'd been twiddling our thumbs as we were then in the 'box seat...

Was also under the impression that we got quoted a higher price than Brentford? Sure I read it on here somewhere in fact- that may have played a role if any truth!

2 hours ago, italian dave said:

Think i heard the Agent was demanding too much for himself.

16 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Was also under the impression that we got quoted a higher price than Brentford? Sure I read it on here somewhere in fact- that may have played a role if any truth!

Something like that, and also that Brentford offered a much larger sell-on percentage that Exeter thought would be more attractive down the line than just looking at initial fee.

Brentford sorted lots of things up for him in London too as I understand, that made the bright lights very attractive. 

16 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

You are indeed correct:

Start of that thread is LJ confirming price was hiked for us. Granted, we could have signed him before that for much less but at time we were in for him, price was more to us than elsewhere

3 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

The last 2 seasons he's only scored 10 goals in each. He's on 10 this season so better but if he had that record with us then we'd been calling for an upgrade as he's not scoring enough? 

12 goals 9 assists last season.

11 goals 5 assists season before.

Still pretty good.

10 minutes ago, pillred said:

More so?

See my reply further up.

Archived