IGNORED

Fulham away : Ticket details now announced

BCFC1512

4 hours ago, Fat Cigar said:

Just done me bit of research:

QPR have been allocated 1,970 tickets for their trip to Fulham (Fri 22nd Nov)

Derby 1,964 (Tues 26th Nov)

Don't we usually get 3,000-4,000? So, expect half what we normally get given. 

Last time I went was the Tomlin 2-1 win, just over 4k that day. Going to have to pull my finger out for this.

13 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Last time I went was the Tomlin 2-1 win, just over 4k that day. Going to have to pull my finger out for this.

Going to do Fulham one day, but just got a ticket for Barnsley away, my first Saturday off for months, to be spent asleep after Friday I expect.

Seems mad though, 14-15 hours on busses and coaches for 90 minutes of football.

18 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Going to do Fulham one day, but just got a ticket for Barnsley away, my first Saturday off for months, to be spent asleep after Friday I expect.

The joys of the football fan mate, enjoy.

"Seems mad though, 14-15 hours on busses and coaches for 90 minutes of football."  Exactly which is why I gave up a few decades ago ... I will drive to Avebury after England win the World Cup Saturday morning, have a stroll across to the West Kennet Long Barrow, a beer in the Red Lion, up to Wroughton for the game versus Trowbridge and down the M4 to a friend's in Bristol Saturday night.  Cost? Maybe £30 ... and far more relaxing than driving up north on a Friday night.  Non League is the way forward ... 

8 minutes ago, swampy said:

"Seems mad though, 14-15 hours on busses and coaches for 90 minutes of football."  Exactly which is why I gave up a few decades ago ... I will drive to Avebury after England win the World Cup Saturday morning, have a stroll across to the West Kennet Long Barrow, a beer in the Red Lion, up to Wroughton for the game versus Trowbridge and down the M4 to a friend's in Bristol Saturday night.  Cost? Maybe £30 ... and far more relaxing than driving up north on a Friday night.  Non League is the way forward ... 

There’s plenty of non-league forums to post on mate. You might have more fun on Gas Chat as they’ll be able to reminisce about their semi-pro days with you. 

22 minutes ago, swampy said:

Sounds amazing. Thanks for your astonishing, intriguingly detailed input mate. 

29 minutes ago, swampy said:

I've done equally long journeys for non league football, or at least planned them before postponements, Manor Farm away in Sunderland as an example.

Would have cost me more on transport alone than Friday nights game has for a ticket and travel.

• Admin
2 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Where are you travelling from for it to take that long? 

41 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I've done equally long journeys for non league football, or at least planned them before postponements, Manor Farm away in Sunderland as an example.

Would have cost me more on transport alone than Friday nights game has for a ticket and travel.

Shush now, that doesn't suit his tedious narrative.

1 hour ago, swampy said:

Another fantastically interesting post from the forum dullard...! 

I seriously question the part that claims you a going to “a friends”..! 

Bore off, you cockwomble. 

It’s not 7 hours on a CATS coach. Usually the journey is about 4 or 4 and a half but you stop in the Services for at least an hour and probably get to the ground at least an hour before too. Drivers can only drive four hours before they have to have a legal break. Rest assured it’s not 7 hours to Barnsley unless there are delays on the motorway of course.

12 hours ago, swampy said:

Drinking then driving SHAME ON YOU!!!!

10 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Was talking about the Barnsley game on Friday.

7 hours to London would be extreme!

I am guessing you have not been there before?

Certainly no where near 14-15 hours round trip, I think someone may have been pulling your leg

4 hours ago, RedM said:

It’s not 7 hours on a CATS coach. Usually the journey is about 4 or 4 and a half but you stop in the Services for at least an hour and probably get to the ground at least an hour before too. Drivers can only drive four hours before they have to have a legal break. Rest assured it’s not 7 hours to Barnsley unless there are delays on the motorway of course.

1 minute ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

I am guessing you have not been there before?

Certainly no where near 14-15 hours round trip, I think someone may have been pulling your leg

Was using the difference between leaving time and kickoff because I didn't know how early CATS arrive.

Coaches are leaving a shade under 7 hours before the game, and it's another 40 minutes to an hour for me to get to AG by bus.

15 hours ago, swampy said:

That's nice for you...

21 hours ago, swampy said:

Just a heads up to anyone who might be thinking of taking in Wroughton v Trowbridge, give a wide berth to the bloke in the rugby shirt who looks unbearably smug.

Archived