IGNORED

Egg Chasing for a tenner?

myol'man

Before this gets dumped onto the non-football thread, very strange timing for this offer.

City season card holders and members can watch Bristol vs Sale Sharks at Ashton Gate this Friday night for £10

Oh, hang on a minute City are playing  away at Barnsley, live on Sky.

Conflict of interest methinks. Great to encourage cross sport support but maybe more thought could have been put into the timing of this offer?

They did this a couple of seasons back with a cup game that clashed with us playing derby away on sky. 

I decided to go to the cup game which Bristol won 63-0 as we drew 0-0 v derby...

It is definitely a weird time to do it. 

@BRISTOL86 it looks like that deal has stopped this season, although I may be wrong

4 hours ago, myol'man said:

Before this gets dumped onto the non-football thread, very strange timing for this offer.

City season card holders and members can watch Bristol vs Sale Sharks at Ashton Gate this Friday night for £10

Oh, hang on a minute City are playing  away at Barnsley, live on Sky.

Conflict of interest methinks. Great to encourage cross sport support but maybe more thought could have been put into the timing of this offer?

Barnsley was originally a Saturday match and changed to Friday by Sky TV, so I believe.

Even so, those City fans who want to be at Oakwell in person, will be.

I don't know how many City ST holders also have a Bears ST but it is probably several hundred. I'll be there, watching a live game and following City on Radio Bristol or by text. So where is there a problem?

And by the way, many Bristol Rugby fans are interested in how City are doing. Certainly, several who sit near me ask how we're playing. And one guy in the row in front, lives in Coventry, follows both Sky Blues and Bristol, so we chat about our clubs news. Following two different sports is not unusual.

14 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Barnsley was originally a Saturday match and changed to Friday by Sky TV, so I believe.

I don't know how many City ST holders also have a Bears ST but it is probably several hundred. I'll be there, watching a live game and following City on Radio Bristol or by text. So where is there a problem?

And by the way, many Bristol Rugby fans are interested in how City are doing. Certainly, several who sit near me ask how we're playing. And one guy in the row in front, lives in Coventry, follows both Sky Blues and Bristol, so we chat about our clubs news. Following two different sports is not unusual.

It's just like having a wife and a mistress I would have thought 

3 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Totally agree, just think they could have done this offer for a rugby match when City were not on Sky at the same time. I'm sure many would have gone.

I'll be watching the City match in a pub somewhere instead

22 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

I’m also a Bears STH, as well as City one, I’ll be there Friday night, whilst keeping an eye on Oakwell via Sky Go.

Archived