IGNORED

Latest City accounts released.

Bristol Rob

2 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Have i read this correctly. Unless we sell 25 million pounds worth of players we don't break even? 

Probably worth bearing in mind we might have spent more because of those sales. So that's a bit disingenuous, but yeah we're probably struggle to make a profit otherwise.

6 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Have i read this correctly. Unless we sell 25 million pounds worth of players we don't break even? 

Depends on the finer detail- the operating loss in 2017/18 was £17-18m, so certainly it could be in a ballpark of £15-25m.

Definitely reliant on sales for profit though, while we're at this level.

One other interesting note- Bristol City Holdings are the ones it links to on the website- which makes sense, but I was wondering for a while whether it was Bristol City FC or Bristol City FC Holdings Limited.

Here they are on the site.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/media/43303/bristol-city-holdings-accounts-2018-19.pdf

The operating loss before player trading or before profit on it, season just gone was £25,809,929! :o

Despite Turnover rising to £30,250,718. :clap:

Our Profit on Player Trading was a brilliant- a brilliant- £38,159,454!! :clap::clapping:?

One more interesting note- our commercial income was £14,499,700- out of a turnover of £30,250,718- a really excellent, fairly remarkable?- 47.93% of turnover. Would assume it included the concerts pre June 2019 and the World Cup Fan Village.

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

One more interesting note- our commercial income was £14,499,700- out of a turnover of £30,250,718- a really excellent, fairly remarkable?- 47.93% of turnover. Would assume it included the concerts pre June 2019 and the World Cup Fan Village.

Well over 1 million pounds per month in commercial revenue is incredible. 

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Here they are on the site.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/media/43303/bristol-city-holdings-accounts-2018-19.pdf

The operating loss before player trading or before profit on it, season just gone was £25,809,929! :o

Despite Turnover rising to £30,250,718. :clap:

Our Profit on Player Trading was a brilliant- a brilliant- £38,159,454!! :clap::clapping:?

So if we maintain the status quo in terms of league position and don't sell anyone else for big bucks are we likely to show a £25m loss the season after next (post Kelly/Webster) ?

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It really is- must bump us up towards the higher end of the Championship in this respect.

There's little to compare it to for last season, the closest is 2017/18- but in it's own right it is brilliant, end of.

It must be an area where we can have an edge over clubs like, for example Brentford, Fulham, Blackburn. We've basically got the premier corporate and summer concert facility in Bristol, the country's 8th (IIRC) largest city. I can't remember the clubs I've mentioned being able to put on the concerts or World Cup stuff that Ashton Gate did last season. Credit to the stadium team for really pushing this side forward.

6 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

So if we maintain the status quo in terms of league position and don't sell anyone else for big bucks are we likely to show a £25m loss the season after next (post Kelly/Webster) ?

Depends on how the wage bill and amortisation bill have shifted- let's not forget too that the World Cup Village surely bumps up Revenue in a way we won't necessarily see repeated.

Kelly would've been accounted for in 2018/19 I believe- Webster yep, this year.

We seem to account on the headline at least for Player Transfers in a way that has Operating Loss excluding Player Trading, then Profit on disposal etc etc, what we spent- Operating Loss taking all that out was about £18m, so it could be fair with rising wages to say £20-25m range of loss if no big bucks sales?

Unless we're completely stupid though- and SL is far from that, one thing for sure- FFP shouldn't be an issue for some time to come.

40 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Next season, when in the Premier League, income will be far greater so there will be no need to sell players 

One thing I did note when reading further down.

Bristol City Women or Bristol Women- or whatever they are called, the Women's team anyway?-.

12 Intangible Assets

Impairment                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Goodwill

From the 1 June 2018, Bristol City Holdings group obtained operational control of Bristol Academy Women's Football Club Limited (a company limited by guarantee). Goodwill arose at the date of acquisition in respect of brought forward reserves. Bristol Academy Women's Football Club Limited transferred its trade and assets to a fellow subsidiary during the year. The transferred trade in respect of the women's football team is loss making and therefore the goodwill has been fully impaired. The amount of impairment loss included in profit or loss is £38,065 (2018 - £NIL). The impairment loss is included in other expenses.

Means that we can subtract that, whatever the proportion is from losses moving forward for FFP purposes basically. This year it seemed to have been £38,065.

25 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Depends on how the wage bill and amortisation bill have shifted- let's not forget too that the World Cup Village surely bumps up Revenue in a way we won't necessarily see repeated.

Kelly would've been accounted for in 2018/19 I believe- Webster yep, this year.

We seem to account on the headline at least for Player Transfers in a way that has Operating Loss excluding Player Trading, then Profit on disposal etc etc, what we spent- Operating Loss taking all that out was about £18m, so it could be fair with rising wages to say £20-25m range of loss if no big bucks sales?

Unless we're completely stupid though- and SL is far from that, one thing for sure- FFP shouldn't be an issue for some time to come.

Thanks Mr P

As you say SL ain't stupid but I wonder what his internal clock might be for so called "sustainability" to arrive ?

5 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Thanks Mr P

As you say SL ain't stupid but I wonder what his internal clock might be for so called "sustainability" to arrive ?

My personal view on that subject that in the Championship...ain't happening.

PL, yes.

Upper end League One, lower end Championship yoyo, maybe- but then why pour in all that cash to the ground and infrastructure if otherwise. With all respect to Crewe who had a top academy, played some great football and the like.

Simply upper end League One, with a great academy and Cup runs- think a big version of how oh I don't know, Crewe used to be- that'd be quite possible, but who wants that with our fan base etc?

Championship, especially over a period of time? Not without significant changes structurally ie wage % limits, a new huge TV deal, % of salary increase per year etc- other than that, I don't see how apart from the odd year it's possible- but to break even let alone turn profit exclusive of player trading, parachute payments or shall we say interesting transactions that a few clubs have done? Nope.

SL- who knows? So long as he's enjoying himself and let us hope that him, JL etc will be for some time, think he may well wait a while yet- hope so anyway! 

Archived