IGNORED

Latest City accounts released.

Bristol Rob

On 29/10/2019 at 17:56, Red Army 75 said:

Let’s hope the money stays in The football club. And it’s not distributed amongst Bristol sport. Only 1 team is important in my eyes 

Having taken a quick look at the Bristol Rugby accounts, I'd suggest that yes it does stay in the football club. The commercial revenue from AGL is amalgamated into Bristol City Holdings- all the companies are listed in Bristol City Holdings.

Two slight caveats- could Related Party Transactions be an issue in this respect? Secondly, the Women's Team- though costs there can't be huge, but that's part of the group- though costs here are deductible for FFP so if anything it helps us!

I also though would have to look in depth believe the AG Limited revenue goes to Bristol City Holdings, save for the revenue from Bristol Rugby for tickets, merchandising and corporate.

On 29/10/2019 at 18:36, billywedlock said:

Norwich figure was below ours, there was an article with their CEO mid season it was mid 20 millions (I accept that in January they may have signed someone I don't recall  as that was after article ) . Yes they sold well, as we did, but as last season was without parachute payments they had cut their cloth. Villa another planet of course. Our wage bill growth has been substantial year on year.   Possibly Forrest could beat it as a non parachute club. Others were cutting back whilst we were spending. 

Well, their wage bill was £41.8m last season apparently- exclusive of bonuses!

No problem at all, think Norwich generally a well run club- but their wage bill was certainly not in the mid 20 millions.

11 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Having taken a quick look at the Bristol Rugby accounts, I'd suggest that yes it does stay in the football club. The commercial revenue from AGL is amalgamated into Bristol City Holdings- all the companies are listed in Bristol City Holdings.

Two slight caveats- could Related Party Transactions be an issue in this respect? Secondly, the Women's Team- though costs there can't be huge, but that's part of the group- though costs here are deductible for FFP so if anything it helps us!

I also though would have to look in depth believe the AG Limited revenue goes to Bristol City Holdings, save for the revenue from Bristol Rugby for tickets, merchandising and corporate.

Rugby pay rent to AG Ltd.

Football pay rent to AG Ltd too.

Football club, Basketball and Rugby club, eg. will pay operational costs to Bristol Sport, e.g. staff who do ticketing, etc.  It will be cheaper to pay BS Ltd than running separate operational teams.  That’s what the BS model gives us, economies of scale.

39 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Rugby pay rent to AG Ltd.

Football pay rent to AG Ltd too.

Football club, Basketball and Rugby club, eg. will pay operational costs to Bristol Sport, e.g. staff who do ticketing, etc.  It will be cheaper to pay BS Ltd than running separate operational teams.  That’s what the BS model gives us, economies of scale.

Skimread certain things but noticed something about rent yeah- I remember Ground Rent on past AGL accounts.

I did notice that AGL and Bristol City FC don't add up fully in Bristol City Holdings- tickets and Rugby specific revenue obviously a key reason but maybe rent plays a role too?

3 hours ago, billywedlock said:

No that was not the case .You are a season out . 

Their accounts came out yesterday- that was 2018/19.

Average wage last season, exclusive of bonuses apparently £17,400 per week. Not at all excessive but stacks up a bit...certainly can't see that mid 20s million wise the annual non bonus adjusted wage bill.

Archived