IGNORED

Johnson Banned

Greedo

"It wasn’t that bad. If you’re talking about scaling it, it definitely didn’t question integrity and I’m a bit of a bird watcher so I shouted a name in mid-air that was potentially looking at a bird called a blue tit that was on top of the Luton stand and I think it got misconstrued that it was aimed at the referee," he added.

:laugh:

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

"It wasn’t that bad. If you’re talking about scaling it, it definitely didn’t question integrity and I’m a bit of a bird watcher so I shouted a name in mid-air that was potentially looking at a bird called a blue tit that was on top of the Luton stand and I think it got misconstrued that it was aimed at the referee," he added.

:laugh:

Luckily there isn’t a bird called a synt . 

7 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Maybe they should start banning shit officials. Numerous letters of apology to LJ about bad decisions. But no action taken against the ref who gave them. Yes he should be disciplined but I can understand his frustration or any other manager with these inept officials. 

Spot on Mate.

10 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Maybe they should start banning shit officials. Numerous letters of apology to LJ about bad decisions. But no action taken against the ref who gave them. Yes he should be disciplined but I can understand his frustration or any other manager with these inept officials. 

Spot on.     :thumbsup:

The only ‘punishment’ for crap decisions is that the referee could get demoted to L1 but I’m not sure if they ever do.

29 minutes ago, Greedo said:

LJ banned for one game & given a £2k fine for abusing an official v Luton 

Means he’ll miss the Barnsley game. I’m never sure how much of an impact these bans have. Is he still allowed in the dressing room before KO and at half time? 

Bowyer was allowed a headset to talk to the bench last week. Johnson has previously said he wouldn't mind being able to be up in a stand to get a better viewpoint but its not expected of a manager/head coach so probably wouldn't go down well.

11 minutes ago, hodge said:

Bowyer was allowed a headset to talk to the bench last week. Johnson has previously said he wouldn't mind being able to be up in a stand to get a better viewpoint but its not expected of a manager/head coach so probably wouldn't go down well.

Sorry bit ambiguous?  What wouldn't go down well?

39 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Maybe they should start banning shit officials.

Given the clash of personalities, misapplication of VAR and several other things the only time we will see meaningful change of the game and an increase of respect will be when referees are called down to the FA offices for bringing the game into disrepute. Not just packed down the pyramid on the QT.

29 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Spot on.     :thumbsup:

The only ‘punishment’ for crap decisions is that the referee could get demoted to L1 but I’m not sure if they ever do.

James Linington continues to ref championship games so don’t think they do. Only respite is he was banned for a match. Unlucky for us his first game back was for us ?

9 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Sorry bit ambiguous?  What wouldn't go down well?

Managers/head coaches are expected to be pitch side and usually vocal, even when they stay in the dug out its often perceived badly, so being up in the stands like rugby union wouldn't be well received by some fans

7 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I think all managers would be better going in the stand. I don't get how they can see what's going on clearly pitch side.

Presumably it becomes second nature to view it that way, they grow up watching that flat angle, even as players from the bench. 

7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Presumably it becomes second nature to view it that way, they grow up watching that flat angle, even as players from the bench. 

Yeah good point. Not thought of that 

21 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

13 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Yeah good point. Not thought of that 

It's impossible to see everything pitch side. Especially on the opposite side.

All analysis and viewing of games afterwards will be done from higher up...as is any scouting.

It's 'expected' to be pitch side. Would fans appreciate a Coach not being in view? That's my guess as to why it's done.

Interestingly...The average points per game during touchline bans was 1.03 as opposed to 1.27 under normal circumstances, which could be due to chance

7 minutes ago, spudski said:

It's impossible to see everything pitch side. Especially on the opposite side.

All analysis and viewing of games afterwards will be done from higher up...as is any scouting.

It's 'expected' to be pitch side. Would fans appreciate a Coach not being in view? That's my guess as to why it's done.

Interestingly...The average points per game during touchline bans was 1.03 as opposed to 1.27 under normal circumstances, which could be due to chance

Wasn't it the case years ago that the camber at AG was so much that at one corner flag you couldn't see the one on the other side of the pitch as yourself?

Seem to recall Scotty saying something like that.

7 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Wasn't it the case years ago that the camber at AG was so much that at one corner flag you couldn't see the one on the other side of the pitch as yourself?

Seem to recall Scotty saying something like that.

I remember a Stevie Neville shot (having gone round the keeper v Sunderland) drift wide on the camber.

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I remember a Stevie Neville shot (having gone round the keeper v Sunderland) drift wide on the camber.

The camber is mentioned by a groundsman here.

Sounds like it is only in the middle now.

https://www.thebreeze.com/bristol/news/local-news/news-extra-hear-from-the-head-of-grounds-at-ashton-gate-daniel-sparks-about-his-preparations-for-the-big-game/

Archived