IGNORED

Massengo Article - Onzemondial

Davefevs

9 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

90 mins in a 5-0 win for the French U19s tonight, think this is an U19s Euro qualifier.

From this, and the 10 on his back, it looks like he plays further up the pitch than he does for us.  I've wondered about this myself - whether you could use his energy and tenacity to play a higher press? Get him harrying the CBs and CDMs of the opposition and try to break up play in positions where COD or Brownhill can take advantage of loose balls?

4 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

Might happen with Korey and Adam back.

Agree with @ScottishRed, with the injuries we've had, we haven't really been able to pick and choose who plays where, and in some cases we've been forced to play certain players in a position where they can play, but aren't necessarily at their best.

With players now coming back, others can be rested, and in Massengos case, perhaps played in a more advanced role.

We also need to realise that whilst he looks like one of the most exciting players we've signed in recent times, he is still young, and has only been in the country a few months!!

Great potential and attitude.

On 31/10/2019 at 01:53, Davefevs said:

HNM article in

http://www.onzemondial.com/autres-championnats/bristol-city-han-noah-massengo-se-livre-sur-son-transfert-etonnant-201213

Championship BRISTOL CITY: HAN-NOAH MASSENGO DELIVERS ON AMAZING TRANSFER Formed at AS Monaco, the young midfielder had surprised everyone this summer by leaving the Principality to join the second division English.

This summer, 18-year-old Han-Noah Massengo left AS Monaco to join Bristol City in the English second division after only four appearances in the Monaco jersey. A surprising choice as the midfielder is one of the most promising young people in the club. Already author of 13 games in all competitions, the native of Villepinte is one of the beautiful surprises of the season in the Championship.

In an interview with RMC Sport, the young player came back on this choice which made talk, but seems to assume completely. "It's simple: in Monaco, I do not think I was going to play. Bristol arrived, I immediately joined the project they had for me. I wanted to play, chain games, gain experience, and everything was based on my progress. Until proven otherwise, that's what happens, I'm playing for now. That was what I wanted. Yes, it may surprise. People do not know the Championship which is a competitive league. Everyone can now realize that my choice was thoughtful. This is not a choice made on impulse. Once again, I wanted to play. It's simple. The project is to progress and try to play in the Premier League with Bristol, "he said.

934C0A3C-8349-41D7-9A86-8DCBB2965160.jpeg.2a092567d82f814782f5d133f481d1aa.jpeg

He will be world class in 3 to 4 years and if City can keep him the club will go far in the Prem. He will be in 12 months and if not allready on the radar for the big clubs in the Prem. Credit to LJ in getting him if its short term or long term but this young guy will go down in this great clubs history books.

10 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

90 mins in a 5-0 win for the French U19s tonight, think this is an U19s Euro qualifier.

From this, and the 10 on his back, it looks like he plays further up the pitch than he does for us.  I've wondered about this myself - whether you could use his energy and tenacity to play a higher press? Get him harrying the CBs and CDMs of the opposition and try to break up play in positions where COD or Brownhill can take advantage of loose balls?

yeah, but the opposition had Robin Williams in goal...

Really pleasant young man as well.  Bumped into him in town a week or two ago, much to the delight of my starstruck 7 year old ("This is a dream for me........!").  Well spoken young guy - very humble - happy to have a photo with my boy.  First player I've seen out and about since Junior Bent!

1 minute ago, 1bristolcity said:

Would Man U Man City Shef U, Wednesday and so on be happy to be called other than their historic name? 

Of course not.

Neither should we. 

Spot on. Calling us Bristol is lazy and insulting, never understood those taking it as a compliment. 

You’d never hear either side being called Manchester, despite decades of dominance of one over the other. 

8 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Spot on. Calling us Bristol is lazy and insulting, never understood those taking it as a compliment. 

You’d never hear either side being called Manchester, despite decades of dominance of one over the other. 

Playing Devil’s Advocate here but in the seventies when I first started going to Ashton Gate there was always a fantastic chant which was ‘ Brrrrrrristol ‘  followed by three claps ( cha cha cha rhythm) 

It was loud , gutsy and intimidating. I don’t ever recall anyone saying ‘ steady on chaps we’re not Bristol ‘ .

:dunno:

1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

Playing Devil’s Advocate here but in the seventies when I first started going to Ashton Gate there was always a fantastic chant which was ‘ Brrrrrrristol ‘  followed by three claps ( cha cha cha rhythm) 

It was loud , gutsy and intimidating. I don’t ever recall anyone saying ‘ steady on chaps we’re not Bristol ‘ .

I’ll have to take your word for it major! But I do think it’s simply lazy punditry when others call us it.

We don’t stylise ourselves as Bristol in any official capacity and I’ve never understood it as you almost never see the same applies to any other City where there is more than one pro club.  

21 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Well then James, drop the 'C' in you monika if you are confused by my comments, then everyone will know it's not the rugger you support?

@JamesBCFC is probably confused because he was making the exact same point as you (i.e. we shouldn't embrace being called Bristol), but you seemed to be arguing with him anyway! 

23 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Calling us Bristol is lazy and insulting

23 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

Would Man U Man City Shef U, Wednesday and so on be happy to be called other than their historic name? 

Of course not.

Neither should we. 

You both have far too much time on your hands

On 31/10/2019 at 16:21, reddogkev said:

Reading that article reminds me that we are extremely fortunate to have Massengo at the club; it's one of those transfers we will be talking about for years.

It must have also massively raised the profile of City around Europe.

When speaking to a MU friend, they are everywhere sadly no, he shrugged his shoulders. Do such fans just have blinkers from birth? I am guessing so.

On 31/10/2019 at 17:09, Major Isewater said:

It’s the buzz on the streets in Koblenz . 

Nobody in KL has a darn clue.

On 14/11/2019 at 21:00, Major Isewater said:

And in the 80's too Major. I remember it well. Is it never sung anymore?

On 14/11/2019 at 12:49, BRISTOL86 said:

Whilst Man Utd were winning alot, Man City were hardly under the radar like Rovers were were they? Unlike Rovers Man City have always had big attendances, even had 85k once! Even during periods of not doing well they drawed big crowds. 

Man City and Man U are known nationally,  Bristol City and more so Bristol Rovers are not.

I dont get this crap about the Bristol name, I'm even guilty of using it myself when talking to those outside of Bristol.

Archived