IGNORED

Liverpool v Arsenal

downendcity

• Admin
22 minutes ago, Super said:

In fairness he hits plenty of bad ones like Ronaldo. Obvious he will get one right now and again.

I did notice that he now has the worst ratio for free kicks to goals

20 minutes ago, hodge said:

Interesting as to when Liverpool will actually be able to play their quarter final, can only see a premier league game being postponed and the cup game played on a weekend

Will be interesting as it is an EFL trophy so will need the EPL to bend over and assist in getting this sorted

Can't see Villa being too helpful, they will more delighted if Liverpool pull out of the cup as mentioned by Klopp

Didn’t have the winter break in February this year there would be a free midweek slot to play it. You cram all the games in to get a free week and then have no free midweek slots.

Think Liverpool mag struggle to squeeze in the cup game and rearranged league game. 
Liverpool knew they were in the world club cup so why not play the league game schedule for that time in August or September when there was plenty of free midweeks.

Didn't  Man Utd opt out of the league cup so that they could play in this competition? I can see Arsenal and all the other clubs Liverpool had progressed against being p***ed off if Liverpool do give their quarter final opponents a bye through to the semi final. Perhaps they could repay some of the winnings they have made so far

1 minute ago, Midred said:

Didn't  Man Utd opt out of the league cup so that they could play in this competition? I can see Arsenal and all the other clubs Liverpool had progressed against being p***ed off if Liverpool do give their quarter final opponents a bye through to the semi final. Perhaps they could repay some of the winnings they have made so far

Man Utd opted out of the FA Cup but it was with the FA’s blessing, as the FA were under the (ultimately flawed) impression that England still had a realistic chance of winning the vote to host the 2006 World Cup. The FA were worried that if Man Utd didn’t go to Brazil, it would lose votes for England within FIFA (although we had barely any votes to lose in the first place). 

Going back to Liverpool - didn’t they field an ineligible player against MK Dons earlier in the campaign?

1 hour ago, North London Red said:

Man Utd opted out of the FA Cup but it was with the FA’s blessing, as the FA were under the (ultimately flawed) impression that England still had a realistic chance of winning the vote to host the 2006 World Cup. The FA were worried that if Man Utd didn’t go to Brazil, it would lose votes for England within FIFA (although we had barely any votes to lose in the first place). 

England will never get another WC because FIFA regulations state that all stadiums used have to have an exclusion zone of one kilometre and most, if not all of our larger stadiums are in built up areas of different cities. 

2 hours ago, Isawjonshaw said:

This is true, but for some reason I find myself drawn towards watching it!?

There's a place for a bit of inanity and the firing off of childish and contrived one liners - and double entendres - but there was hardly any of that.

Leave out the constant 'funny' one liners, which the series was built on, and what's the point of it?

Need to get the father-in - law back -  now he is funny.image.jpeg.3a63f5a93aa4eaf67ce8642f5be4dea5.jpeg

2-2 tomorrow night in the televised game from Barnsley btw. ;)

4 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

2-2 tomorrow night in the televised game from Barnsley btw. ;)

Crap - really, another draw? Curses. Can you at least confirm it will be a fight back from 2-0 down or at least a last minute equalizer kind of 2-2 draw?  Thanks.

5 hours ago, Midred said:

I seem to recall from City's recent League Cup run that, unlike the FA Cup, the winnings (gate and merchandise/food/drinks receipts excepted) are paltry, i.e. chicken feed ?.

6 hours ago, North London Red said:

Going back to Liverpool - didn’t they field an ineligible player against MK Dons earlier in the campaign?

From what I recall it was more the FA's insistence than blessing. Don't have any particular love for United, but the flak they took in 2000 was misplaced.

5 hours ago, Robbored said:

England will never get another WC because FIFA regulations state that all stadiums used have to have an exclusion zone of one kilometre and most, if not all of our larger stadiums are in built up areas of different cities. 

Having been to various grounds in Russia, SA and Brazil for recent world cups I can say that none of them had a 1km exclusion ring around them, including those grounds located in inner cities.

10 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Having been to various grounds in Russia, SA and Brazil for recent world cups I can say that none of them had a 1km exclusion ring around them, including those grounds located in inner cities.

That maybe but the reason FIFA gave for England not getting the World Cup again was the issue around the 1k exclusion zone.

9 hours ago, hodge said:

Interesting as to when Liverpool will actually be able to play their quarter final, can only see a premier league game being postponed and the cup game played on a weekend

Think Klopp has made a mountain of a molehill with this issue, its a bit of a freak situation granted but say they weren't in the Club World Cup they would be playing a PL game that weekend anyway. With that in mind should their Quarter Final be postponed due to snow , wind, rain etc it would have to be re-arranged anyway so what would they do in this scenario? They were just as likely to draw Colchester or Oxford away at the time of his comments so there was a chance this could have happened anyway.

It would have to be played at the next available date which presumably would be the first clear midweek in January? If they have to play their semi-final slightly later then whats the issue? Providing they have it sorted before the Final is due on 1st March then there isn't one.

23 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Think Klopp has made a mountain of a molehill with this issue, its a bit of a freak situation granted but say they weren't in the Club World Cup they would be playing a PL game that weekend anyway. With that in mind should their Quarter Final be postponed due to snow , wind, rain etc it would have to be re-arranged anyway so what would they do in this scenario? They were just as likely to draw Colchester or Oxford away at the time of his comments so there was a chance this could have happened anyway.

It would have to be played at the next available date which presumably would be the first clear midweek in January? If they have to play their semi-final slightly later then whats the issue? Providing they have it sorted before the Final is due on 1st March then there isn't one.

Think the problem is that they also have a league game to arrange now due to the world club. They now need to rearrange 2 games, I said earlier in the thread they knew they were in the tournament so why didn’t they arrange the West Han game for August/September Instead if waiting till now.

19 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Think the problem is that they also have a league game to arrange now due to the world club. They now need to rearrange 2 games, I said earlier in the thread they knew they were in the tournament so why didn’t they arrange the West Han game for August/September Instead if waiting till now.

The extra PL game is true and I hadn't thought of that but as you say they have all season to fit that in somewhere, and should have scheduled it earlier in the season.

Alternatively stop ******* winning every week!!

Archived