IGNORED

Facial Recognition at Football- will we see it at AG?

Mr Popodopolous

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Oh yeah, we're already pretty saturated with it for sure...dunno though, it's a gut feeling.

Seems quite prone to misidentification for a start!

Dunno if you saw the BBC thriller ‘The Capture’ recently but it showed just malleable CCTV is.........for good and bad........:cool2:

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Dunno if you saw the BBC thriller ‘The Capture’ recently but it showed just malleable CCTV is.........for good and bad........:cool2:

I'm not sure it really showed anything to be honest. Amazing show and a great watch, but it's fiction, not reality.

16 minutes ago, Robbored said:

As somebody who has worked in this area and much like the utter BS that was The Bodyguard, Capture was fiction on steroids (though quite enjoyable to watch.) Secure communications use hashing algorithms to ensure what's sent, received or shared are one and the same, or will tell you if they've been amended, even by the slightest margin. As many hereabouts have pointed out if you've nothing to hide you've no worries ( from Government .) On the other hand if you've a conviction and are subject to a football banning order it's relatively simple to run facial mapping against what is a small database. And why not?

I wonder why the Muppet holding the banner felt the need to obscure his mug? 

The joke being all the do-gooders who fret about 'Liberty Infringement' carry phones, use Facebook and Twitter, shop at Tesco and Sainsbury's, carry contactless cards, wear wireless earphones and brag about their smart TVs and speakers. Big Brother ain't in Whitehall, it's in all those tech and trading companies we seemingly can no longer do without.

7 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

As somebody who has worked in this area and much like the utter BS that was The Bodyguard, Capture was fiction on steroids (though quite enjoyable to watch.) Secure communications use hashing algorithms to ensure what's sent, received or shared are one and the same, or will tell you if they've been amended, even by the slightest margin. As many hereabouts have pointed out if you've nothing to hide you've no worries ( from Government .) On the other hand if you've a conviction and are subject to a football banning order it's relatively simple to run facial mapping against what is a small database. And why not?

I wonder why the Muppet holding the banner felt the need to obscure his mug? 

The joke being all the do-gooders who fret about 'Liberty Infringement' carry phones, use Facebook and Twitter, shop at Tesco and Sainsbury's, carry contactless cards, wear wireless earphones and brag about their smart TVs and speakers. Big Brother ain't in Whitehall, it's in all those tech and trading companies we seemingly can no longer do without.

What ‘The Capture’ showed, bullshit storyline or  not was how malleable CCTV is.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

What ‘The Capture’ showed, bullshit storyline or  not was how malleable CCTV is.

Not if you know what you're looking for. After all, it's simply a succession of still images and like with Photoshop if you know how to look at the meta data contained within the image you can tell if it's been doctored.

Sorry if some of You already read it but I posted this in the cashless Brentford topic, it suits here as well and may serve as a comparison of some kind. Also a "tale" about how people react to these kind of things in a football stadium. 

In our new stadium (Ferencváros, stadium was built in 2014) in order to fight against this "Balkan, agressive fanbase" stereotype You can only enter if You register first (except VIP ticket holders). You get a fan card with Your name, You get a pin code (sort of) by scanning Your palm and when You buy a ticket (season or single game is the same) online it goes to You fan card. Then You can enter the stadium by scanning Your card and palm ét voila! You're in. And after that what correlates to this topic is that You can ONLY buy cashless in the stadium WITH Your fan card: You can either put cash on it via the stewards circulating in the stadium or straight through credit card. And at the end of the season let's say theres 5 pound left on the card it goes straight to the bank account of Ferencváros' youth teams.

I have to say I like this system: there was a big fight with the ultras about that palm scanning ( for 3 years they didn't show up in the stadium) but the management negotiated with them and they're back now. And the athmospere is way better than ever, really became much more cultured and You only need 1 fan card for everything: thats Your ticket and paying card as well, You get it once and don't ever have to again mess with paper ticket, money, etc. Of course it's still a possibility to buy a ticket in person if You want to have it for example as a memory. And the away end remains as normal, cash at the buffet. 

2 hours ago, old_eastender said:

FFS, those individuals who are making racist remarks, or monkey noises, or those thumping another spectator because he/she is supporting the other team - then I hope facial recognition is in place and helps put you in the dock to face justice. As for the 90% law abiding citizens we have nothing to fear.

That’s hell of a presumption to cast on everyone.

I have a right not to be invaded by anyone or anything regardless of your opinion.

as for your 90% of having nothing to fear is a very naive statement because of 10% of misbehaving others will suffer.

your suggestion reminds me of someone supporting a “police state “.

17 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Try getting into a football match in Italy.

Italian nationals have to show an id card & foreigners have to show a passport to buy a ticket and to enter the stadium.

I know- went Roma-Inter and had to do just that in August 2017!

Think they've got slightly wider issues in their game though, also throw in a bit of typical Italian bureaucracy and the 2 combined account for that.

Still can't say I'm pro facial recognition at football- perhaps even in general.

Do nothing wrong, nothing to fear.... 

Simple.

Birmingham City

55 minutes ago, Robbored said:
1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

Birmingham City

And what benefit to that particular scenario would facial recognition technology have had?  

I think RLL was referring to the fact that a lot of people did nothing wrong, but actually did have something to fear.  Not facial recognition per se.

Valid point

6 minutes ago, StGeorge said:

Do nothing wrong, nothing to fear.... 

Simple.

Birmingham City

I think RLL was referring to the fact that a lot of people did nothing wrong, but actually did have something to fear.  Not facial recognition per se.

Valid point

A valid point to facially recognise the police officers may have speeded the process up.

55 minutes ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Freedom went from the uk a good while ago now. Only lazy people say' if you have nothing to hide'

Care to elaborate? I’ve never done much wrong and consequentially never faced any unjust trouble. And I wouldn’t consider myself lazy whatsoever, far from it. I keep hearing people say things like this. 

Archived