IGNORED

City v Barnsley

City oz

Last five matches - City DWLWD. Barnsley DLDDL. Tomorrow morning City  last five - City WLWDW, and Barnsley LDDLL. Has to be. I will be watching on the tele my time at 03.45am Saturday morning and usually watch the City Play on Foxtel with plenty of cold tinnies and red wine. However 03.45 will probably be a cup of tea or no I could crack a few tinnies for an early breakfast. Yes beer, bacon sandwiches and red wine has got to be a good early morning brekky.

10 minutes ago, City oz said:

Last five matches - City DWLWD. Barnsley DLDDL. Tomorrow morning City  last five - City WLWDW, and Barnsley LDDLL. Has to be. I will be watching on the tele my time at 03.45am Saturday morning and usually watch the City Play on Foxtel with plenty of cold tinnies and red wine. However 03.45 will probably be a cup of tea or no I could crack a few tinnies for an early breakfast. Yes beer, bacon sandwiches and red wine has got to be a good early morning brekky.

Fair play to you for your dedication.

My City supporting son lives in Hillarys and I have no doubt that he will be asleep, unless his one year old is awake!

4 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

Fair play to you for your dedication.

My City supporting son lives in Hillarys and I have no doubt that he will be asleep, unless his one year old is awake!

Nice boat launching spot at Hillarys harbor and some good drinking and eating spots as well.

56 minutes ago, City oz said:

Surely a mug of tea goes better with bacon sandwiches?

Draw I suspect.

We've lost a bit of sparkle post Afobe injury, Barnsley have only won one game anywhere, but it was Fulham at home 1-0 all the way back on the opening day- very good result but also a very good performance- false dawn or what!

Drew with Charlton though, Swansea, Derby- plus of course WBA away. Seems thjey do a bit less of the high pressing or are a bit smarter tactically post Stendel, so that's one less area to exploit.

Though saying that, they do concede almost 2 a game- we should win yet I suspect draw!

Forgot to add- not just Afobe injury but our general injuries, and Diedhiou ban...all taking a big toll.

30 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Unfortunately I think the Sky Friday night City curse will strike again and Barnsley will win 2-1.

Good news though, I am unofficially the world's worst at predicting scores, the opposite usually occurs...

Not sure we’re that cursed. Mixed bag. Couple of defeats but had a couple of decent Friday night games, point at home to a good Villa team and beating Sheff U at Bramall Lane spring to mind. 

Didn’t we spank Posh on Sky on a Friday night too in promotion season maybe?

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Not sure we’re that cursed. Mixed bag. Couple of defeats but had a couple of decent Friday night games, point at home to a good Villa team and beating Sheff U at Bramall Lane spring to mind. 

Didn’t we spank Posh on Sky on a Friday night too in promotion season maybe?

We did.  3-0

1 hour ago, City oz said:

5:45am in Queensland, at least we get some sleep in before this game. Usually im up til midnight or later for kickoff :laugh:

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

None, I just own the water ???

That was last July....Oz winter....bit different to UK!

? i hope you had  a good holiday in the 2nd best country in the world however the crappiest football 

Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

And when we demolished Huddersfield at home (4-0?) was that a Friday night?

Yes it was my last visit and I was at the night match.

5 minutes ago, AirlieBeachRed said:

5:45am in Queensland, at least we get some sleep in before this game. Usually im up til midnight or later for kickoff :laugh:

You can still eat bacon sangers washed down with some tinnies 

Just now, City oz said:

? i hope you had  a good holiday in the 2nd best country in the world however the crappiest football 

It was great....just trying to plan the next one.  Easter 2020 is on the cards....unless Mrs F makes us emigrate first (she’s an Aussie by birth....and kids have citizenship too)!!!

Id not been before last year’s trip.  It is great.  Had a week in Sydney then 3 1/2 weeks in Perth (House in Rivervale) / Fremantle (apartment in South Beach).  Loved it.  Kids too.  Fremantle and Scarborough were our favourite places.  Didn’t go any further north than the Pinnacles, nor south of Mandurah.

Lots more to explore next time.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

It was great....just trying to plan the next one.  Easter 2020 is on the cards....unless Mrs F makes us emigrate first (she’s an Aussie by birth....and kids have citizenship too)!!!

Id not been before last year’s trip.  It is great.  Had a week in Sydney then 3 1/2 weeks in Perth (House in Rivervale) / Fremantle (apartment in South Beach).  Loved it.  Kids too.  Fremantle and Scarborough were our favourite places.  Didn’t go any further north than the Pinnacles, nor south of Mandurah.

Lots more to explore next time.

Good on you and maybe one day we could meet at neutral ground the little creatures brewery in freo 

Archived