IGNORED

City v Barnsley

City oz

17 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Not sure we’re that cursed. Mixed bag. Couple of defeats but had a couple of decent Friday night games, point at home to a good Villa team and beating Sheff U at Bramall Lane spring to mind. 

Didn’t we spank Posh on Sky on a Friday night too in promotion season maybe?

We spanked everybody in our promotion season.

:bruce_h4h:

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Mrs F’s favourite place 

[sorry everyone for holiday snaps]

0D17197D-C2F5-4F5C-8B9F-368B005DAB05.thumb.jpeg.0ed4b7a23897814978a201a70c30dd38.jpegEDAC4C13-7F30-4AC5-ABD7-10FF484205C7.thumb.jpeg.177ac0a408a80c77a4b3968fe8d303d0.jpegFD7F0F13-9AD0-4C42-8E63-CAAD775355AD.thumb.jpeg.9c6458aae0e7ca8e6b82e7559b8ff7f6.jpeg

The 

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Mrs F’s favourite place 

[sorry everyone for holiday snaps]

0D17197D-C2F5-4F5C-8B9F-368B005DAB05.thumb.jpeg.0ed4b7a23897814978a201a70c30dd38.jpegEDAC4C13-7F30-4AC5-ABD7-10FF484205C7.thumb.jpeg.177ac0a408a80c77a4b3968fe8d303d0.jpegFD7F0F13-9AD0-4C42-8E63-CAAD775355AD.thumb.jpeg.9c6458aae0e7ca8e6b82e7559b8ff7f6.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

We spanked everybody in our promotion season.

:bruce_h4h:

The famous creatures and yes for the others do they do brew cider. I always drink the Pale Ale at 5% after 3 of them my missues looks like miss world.

2 hours ago, City oz said:

Last five matches - City DWLWD. Barnsley DLDDL. Tomorrow morning City  last five - City WLWDW, and Barnsley LDDLL. Has to be. I will be watching on the tele my time at 03.45am Saturday morning and usually watch the City Play on Foxtel with plenty of cold tinnies and red wine. However 03.45 will probably be a cup of tea or no I could crack a few tinnies for an early breakfast. Yes beer, bacon sandwiches and red wine has got to be a good early morning brekky.

Think it's Gona be a walk in the park??

Doubtful.......most likely a draw on current form.

Don't have a clue what team he will go with tonight. O'Dowda our best player last week, so I imagine he keeps his place. Maybe we drop Palmer for this one and go with Eliasson. 

Really don't know what to expect to see up front. Rodri looked pretty average last weekend. I think our tactics didn't help though.

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Don't have a clue what team he will go with tonight. O'Dowda our best player last week, so I imagine he keeps his place. Maybe we drop Palmer for this one and go with Eliasson. 

Really don't know what to expect to see up front. Rodri looked pretty average last weekend. I think our tactics didn't help though.

I reckon it’ll be something like this. 

Bentley

Wright (Moore is apparently injured) Williams Baker

Pereira Brownhill Massengo O’Dowda Rowe 

Rodri (needs more service than last week though) Weimann

48 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I reckon it’ll be something like this. 

Bentley

Wright (Moore is apparently injured) Williams Baker

Pereira Brownhill Massengo O’Dowda Rowe 

Rodri (needs more service than last week though) Weimann

Rather go back 4 than have that back 3! 

5 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Rather go back 4 than have that back 3! 

The problem with going for a back 4 is we’d have to use Palmer or Szmodics, neither of whom are suited to this type of game imo. 

Wright is a fine option to have, he’s  solid mid table championship defender. And his leadership qualities will be a big help to the younger players.

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

The problem with going for a back 4 is we’d have to use Palmer or Szmodics, neither of whom are suited to this type of game imo. 

Wright is a fine option to have, he’s  solid mid table championship defender. And his leadership qualities will be a big help to the younger players.

Wright is not who I'm worried about. If Moore is definitely out then I'd go with Wright and Williams in a back 4.

18 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Wright is not who I'm worried about. If Moore is definitely out then I'd go with Wright and Williams in a back 4.

Fair enough, the problem then is who goes in front of them? 

Lets say Massengo, Brownhill, Weimann and Odowda are all nailed on. Up front it’s between Semenyo and rodri but then that final slot is probably between Eliasson (and CoD stays central), Palmer or szmodics (where cod goes wide). Away at Barnsley would you trust any of them to help deliver a team performance?

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

Fair enough, the problem then is who goes in front of them? 

Lets say Massengo, Brownhill, Weimann and Odowda are all nailed on. Up front it’s between Semenyo and rodri but then that final slot is probably between Eliasson (and CoD stays central), Palmer or szmodics (where cod goes wide). Away at Barnsley would you trust any of them to help deliver a team performance?

Hard to guess with LJ. The problem i have with the 3 being those 3 you said is none are ball players, Baker not so good in the left of a 3 either imo, Wright a bit better right of 3 as he's used to right back at least.

Plus the wing backs aren't exactly attacking wing backs, more full backs. I can imagine it really being a 5 and us having little width like against Wigan.

I'm sure he will play Baker over Wright if he does go with a 4. I know Baker is a fans favourite and Wright isn't. Baker simply makes more mistakes for me. Never really understood the 'solid championship defender' I keep reading on here.

So if he goes with a back 4, then I guess Brownhill, Massengo, O'Dowda, Eliasson, Weimann and either Semenyo or Rodri. Maybe he surprises us and goes with Watkins against his old club up there with Weimann.

1 hour ago, Kjetil N said:

We’re eight Norwegians going to the match. Anyone know about an away friendly pub for pre match beers in Barnsley?

The Old No 7 is a nice pub for interesting beer. Tipsy Cow is a nice micropub but might get too busy as it's quite small.
There are quite a few pubs near Old No 7 which are decent - which you should be able to drink in easily :)

6 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Not sure we’re that cursed. Mixed bag. Couple of defeats but had a couple of decent Friday night games, point at home to a good Villa team and beating Sheff U at Bramall Lane spring to mind. 

Didn’t we spank Posh on Sky on a Friday night too in promotion season maybe?

Spank it like Beckham?

Archived