IGNORED

FM20

Sturny

24 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That £90m spend will be spread over the contract length of the players signed, so if you average 3 year contracts, it’s only £30m pa towards ffp.

I use the clubs strategy but take it to the extreme.

Think in the last transfer window it said the average age of my transfers was 21, and that's after a couple of 27 year olds.

But I have been giving them 5 year contracts where possible, so £90m over 5 years.

I've got City into Europe via an FA Cup win. Second time in europe, the previous time being as a result of a League Cup final loss and Manchester United being kicked out for an FFP breach!

On 01/11/2019 at 10:06, Sturny said:

Football Manager 20 Beta is out. Anyone played it yet? 

Had a go for about an hour last night and all my games were very high scoring, roughly 4-6 goals per game. Also some of the player's attributes graphs are impossible to read due to colour clashes, anyone else get this? 

The new development centre seems cool, haven't got my head around it yet but I guess that's more for the longer saves. I feel like Taylor Moore got the rating he deserves ? 

Did you take him off at half time ?

Hi guys,

Glad you're all enjoying the game so far. I'm responsible for the Bristol City research and so I'm glad to see some positive feedback thus far, particularly to do with Taylor Moore's rating - I felt he was underrated in the game and deserved recognition for the clear progression he's made year-on-year.

If any of you spot any data errors or feel any stats/information regarding City players are incorrect, please let me know so I can look into it and make sure any necessary changes that I may have overlooked are implemented before the release of the full game.

My first three results with City were 6-1 win against Leeds, 3-1 win against Birmingham, and a 6-2 win against QPR. @Sturny, you said your games were particularly high scoring also - were they along the same lines, and if so, what sort of tactic were you using? Just want to make sure City aren't extremely overrated this year.

Cheers!

2 hours ago, Lympsham Red said:

Hi guys,

Glad you're all enjoying the game so far. I'm responsible for the Bristol City research and so I'm glad to see some positive feedback thus far, particularly to do with Taylor Moore's rating - I felt he was underrated in the game and deserved recognition for the clear progression he's made year-on-year.

If any of you spot any data errors or feel any stats/information regarding City players are incorrect, please let me know so I can look into it and make sure any necessary changes that I may have overlooked are implemented before the release of the full game.

My first three results with City were 6-1 win against Leeds, 3-1 win against Birmingham, and a 6-2 win against QPR. @Sturny, you said your games were particularly high scoring also - were they along the same lines, and if so, what sort of tactic were you using? Just want to make sure City aren't extremely overrated this year.

Cheers!

Eliasson's crossing seems low, only 13 which is the same as COD and Adelakun which seems unfair.

Adelakun and Wright seem a bit overrated.

1 minute ago, Loco Rojo said:

Do we have Afobe in the squad and is he injured to start with?

Afobe is fit to start with, they've said that injuries after September don't count for the game so Nagy's injury is also getting wiped/will be fit for the september international break rather than November which the original injury has him out for

Just now, hodge said:

Afobe is fit to start with, they've said that injuries after September don't count for the game so Nagy's injury is also getting wiped/will be fit for the september international break rather than November which the original injury has him out for

Nagy was back for the Preston game in my save (actually the midweek game before, since I was still in the league cup)

6 hours ago, Lympsham Red said:

Hi guys,

Cheers!

Not City related but for some reason I can't upload a tactic I was using from FM19, its a fmf file so I should be able to use it. I was able to use another one when I first downloaded the beta but cannot now!

6 minutes ago, hodge said:

Hadn't got that far, but I'm pretty sure they're taking out the injury all together

I'm 5th after 12 games (sounds familiar).

6 wins, 4 draws, 2 defeats. Best attacking side, but worst defense in the top 10 (sounds very familiar).

Pelissard my best signing. 16 year old 8 goals in 5 games, cost a 425k compensation fee. Scored a hattrick vs Huddersfield.

3 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Is there a feature in the game to sign him for an agreed fee as is rumoured or is it loan only? Can't remember that feature in previous versions but could be wrong.

No option on Afobe

Optional fee to buy Pereira for £5.38m. 

11 minutes ago, hodge said:

Hadn't got that far, but I'm pretty sure they're taking out the injury all together

Also had an issue with Brownhill.

He refused to sign a new contract unless I promised winning the Premier League in 2020-21.

It then said he would settle for winning the FA Cup.

It then said he was unhappy that I failed to win the FA Cup, even though I am 2 months away from even entering it!

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

He refused to sign a new contract unless I promised winning the Premier League in 2020-21.

It then said he was unhappy that I failed to win the FA Cup, even though I am 2 months away from even entering it!

Sounds like a bug to report to them

23 hours ago, Lympsham Red said:

Hi guys,

Cheers!

4-2-3-1 Gegenpress is the tactic I used. 

From all the stats I had a look at you've done a great job ?

One small thing I noticed was Bentley is listed as a "Back up" on agreed playing time. Got a feeling he was bought to be our n1 goal keeper from the start. Afobe also doesn't have an option to buy, which I believe we but the amount is undisclosed (https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/afobe-joins-city-on-season-long-loan/

Also I know Weimann's workrate is 17 which is pretty high but the guy honestly can't work any harder than he does, he runs non-stop. I'd say 19-20 would do him justice. 

10 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

I had that issue too, definitely a bug to report.

9 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I think some player heights are wrong.

Joe Morrell has always been 6 foot 1 on FM games, he is more like 5 foot 6! He is tiny. Never understood why the game has always had him being so tall!

Korey Smith again another player who has always been the wrong height in FM games - 6 foot. He is surely a fair bit shorter than that.

Pereira is certainly taller than 5 foot 8. Think he is 6 foot, or maybe 6 foot 1.

Could go into some players ratings being a bit off, but I guess that is more subjective. Palmer's work rate and stamina seems far too high for example!

Thanks, I'll look into this. Player heights are always difficult to get exact as often accurate and reliable information doesn't exist regarding them, especially for youth team players which explains Morrell. This is my first year doing the research and I'd overlooked validated existing heights it seems so thank you for bringing it to my attention!

10 hours ago, Sturman 1 said:

Not City related but for some reason I can't upload a tactic I was using from FM19, its a fmf file so I should be able to use it. I was able to use another one when I first downloaded the beta but cannot now!

Hmm, strange. If you haven't already, I'd go to the SI Games forum where someone should be able to help, as this could be a bug that needs reporting.

8 hours ago, Sturny said:

4-2-3-1 Gegenpress is the tactic I used. 

From all the stats I had a look at you've done a great job ?

One small thing I noticed was Bentley is listed as a "Back up" on agreed playing time. Got a feeling he was bought to be our n1 goal keeper from the start. Afobe also doesn't have an option to buy, which I believe we but the amount is undisclosed (https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/afobe-joins-city-on-season-long-loan/

Also I know Weimann's workrate is 17 which is pretty high but the guy honestly can't work any harder than he does, he runs non-stop. I'd say 19-20 would do him justice. 

Thanks for bringing these things to my attention. Strange that Afobe's option to buy isn't included as when I submitted our transfers I included an option to buy in his information, so I'll chase that up with the Head Researcher. Similarly with Dan Bentley, I agree that he was signed to be our No. 1 and has been our No. 1 (evidently), so I'll get that changed.

Thanks for your comments about my ratings, as I've said this is my first attempt and with all ratings they can be pretty subjective (I've been getting some grief on the SI forums themselves!) In regards to Weimann, I increased his work rate from 16 to 17 as it's not typically permitted to increase a player's stats by too much each time around (unless they're properly wrong). Come the January update I'll see if I can put together a nifty little stat pack to evidence his work rate and see if it can be increased by a few more points, as I agree, it's unquestionable. Luckily it seems to be well-replicated in the game this year as already he's scored a couple goals for me by chasing down the goalkeeper/defender and catching them out! Beautiful to watch!!

11 minutes ago, mozo said:

City are on a horrible run of defeats and facing a relegation dogfight. 

Help! Anyone have any tips for FM20 Mobile?

I'm ten games in and unbeaten.

My team is a 4-4-2 with advanced wingers:

Bentley (GK)

Pereira or Hunt (WB)

Dasilva or Ivan Strinic (WB)

Kalas (BPD) with Moore as back-up

Pablo Mari (CD) with Baker as back-up

Nagy (CM) with Massengo as back-up

Brownhill (BBM) with Smith as back-up

O'Dowda (L W) with Eliasson as back-up

Bukayo Saka or Ansu Fati (R IF) 

Weimann (AF) with Semenyo as back-up

Diedhiou (TM) with Rodri as back-up

I'm playing attacking, and wide with a normal tempo and balanced creative freedom, balanced defensive line, closing down all over, committed tacking, no offside trap, no time wasting, looking for overlap, work into box, running at defence. I've a mixed passing style on both flanks with short goalkeeper distribution.

No idea if any of this helps but I've somehow got 26 points from 30 so far. Could easily be fluke...

Archived