IGNORED

Barnsley v City Match Day 15

Davefevs

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Very David Coleman-esque commentary there Fevs - like it! Coleman never wasted words, very underrated commentator - “Osgood....one nil” was one of my favourites of his, he just let the pictures and the crowd reaction do the rest, no need to over dilute the situation with verbose wordage ... you’ve got a future behind the mic mate ...?

My Nan wrote to Jim’l’fixit for me to be a football commentator.  Lucky escape ?

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

He's not actually technically bad at all is he? Almost everything he did was good or decent. I think Palmer would add that bit of class in behind to get more out of Watkins and Weimann. But as it is there's no need to change anything. Let's try and tighten up a bit though.

Yep. Both MW and AW need SERVICE   Sadly lacking. Hope LJ sorts this 

Just now, CiderHider said:

Korey, Nags, Afobe (sobs) Dasilva, Wright, Pato? All to come back, and of course Fam. Rodri our wild card if we need to play it.

Good job we have quality all over, all players seem to rise to the challenge when they have to come in or move position.

It’s brilliant that we’re staying right in contention with all those players still to return. I can’t imagine there’s another club with so much quality waiting in the wings like that.

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It’s brilliant that we’re staying right in contention with all those players still to return. I can’t imagine there’s another club with so much quality waiting in the wings like that.

And consider lost Pack, Matty too. 

Sometimes it feel like we've never had a complete squad for more than 1 season with Villa and others poaching our players and horrendous injuries.

But soon, soon Smith will be back, its been so long without him i've almost forgotten how good he was and what he brought to our possession game.

Just now, CiderHider said:

And consider lost Pack, Matty too. 

Sometimes it feel like we've never had a complete squad for more than 1 season with Villa and others poaching our players and horrendous injuries.

But soon, soon Smith will be back, its been so long without him i've almost forgotten how good he was and what he brought to our possession game.

With Afobe in the team I felt this was our most complete squad in years, with genuine quality in all the key positions. I still fear his absence - even if he does return - might ultimately be what costs us. We are very obviously weaker up top without him.

Archived