IGNORED

Barnsley v City Match Day 15

Davefevs

4 minutes ago, J-mat said:

Grow up. 

really? that was predictable and abysmal...50 years I've watched City, and I watch them home and away...thank heavens I wasn't watching that tripe this evening against a pitifully poor Barnsley side - we have great squad and a manager who has won sweet fa...and will win nothing. It's beyond frustrating.

That was a poor end to a poor match. Awful quality all round.  Neither side could string any passes together. We had zero ability to hold it in midfield for any period. Quite why we couldn’t just hold onto it for 5 minutes and see the game out is beyond me. Hoofing it away and hoping the defence, that inexplicably gets changed, holds firm. 

Semenyo looked like he’d played 90 minutes at 6pm. The only urgency I saw from him was to try and get in a scrap. Awful touch, awful pass. 

A fair result on balance of chances created, but that match is the end of our lucky ride given injuries. We need some back ASAP (as good as it was to see Kalas back). 

Cant help but feel that with Smith, Brownhill, Nagy etc, we’d have had the basic nous to see that one out. 

A fair, but incredibly frustrating point, really should have been 3. 

Just now, Red Exile said:

really? that was predictable and abysmal...50 years I've watched City, and I watch them home and away...thank heavens I wasn't watching that tripe this evening against a pitifully poor Barnsley side - we have great squad and a manager who has won sweet fa...and will win nothing. It's beyond frustrating.

I've only been watching City for 35 years. This is the best team I've seen. They're in a bad patch though.

The 1970's must have been good..........

Just now, Red Exile said:

I've been watching for 394 years, does my big number mean I don't need to grow up? 

Just now, BS4 on Tour... said:

Barnsley’s last victory was August 3rd - not unreasonable to think we should have won tonight when we were 0-2 up ..

Indeed. But their last victory is completely irrelevant to tonight’s game. They played well and deserved a point. Better teams than us have failed to win at Oakwell this season.  

1 minute ago, kit said:

For all the watkins haters he was wolrd class compared to semenyo. The ball just didnt stick at all after the sub. I've not seen anything from semenyo that even looks football league standard.

I literally lose my mind when he starts or comes on at thd moment. Like seriously... I just don't get it.

1 minute ago, Alex_BCFC said:

What wasn’t fair?

How that challenge on Massengo didn't get a red card.

I have half a mind to call the Police and report a physical assault, just because its on a football pitches doesnt mean you can do it.

I used to like Barnsley, now i want a comet to strike them

Archived