IGNORED

Barnsley v City Match Day 15

Davefevs

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

I see the bedwetting children are out in force.

mate - that was an abysmal result...I'm usually pretty sanguine...and usually at away matches...I don't know how many you get to...I imagine as a norther red you were there tonight?

1 minute ago, finbarr_in_z said:

Barnsley's last 2-2 draw was 2 games ago vs West Brom. Probably some Baggies fans going bananas after that. 

It’s not the fact we drew with Barnsley it’s the fact we were 2-0 up and relatively comfortable yet poor game management, lack of belief and naivety yet again cost us. We have had 3/4 or maybe more opportunities to get in the top 2/3 in the last 18 months but blow it generally against sides like Barnsley and Wigan. To get to the next level we can’t afford to keep doing this time and time again, you don’t mind if someone smashes one in from 30 yards but we were so deep for that last 10 mins it was inevitable they would score. 

• Admin
1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

2 defeats in 15 games with literally half a team out injured. A disappointing result yes. But absolutely no perspective at all.

It’s not the result, but the manner of the result and the performance, no way can any team carry that off for a season and be top six

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

As it stands one team in the league has more points than us. This thread is truly embarrassing. 

Not really mate. We were so poor and people can reply with comments like “ooooh lottery numbers please”..:.but this season will head exactly the same way as the previous 2 before this 

We will peter out and end up mid table

the standard of football we are playing is terrible. Not enjoyable one bit 

Only city, once again rely on sitting back and defending a lead. Whatever mistakes LJ is making just look at the passing, EVERY team we come up against are better.

No excuses, we are just not up to the standard needed!

We are lucky the championship is a bit of a lottery, but we can’t go on relying on luck to do the job - training has to be improved! Outdone by Woodrow? Seem to remember he was also not good enough!

That was a terrible performance. We never deserved to be leading at half time and whilst 2nd half was better, the draw was the fair result. 

When was the last time we looked like a top 6 team?

I though the Barnsley centre backs were really good and hope we have them on file.

Just now, Red Exile said:

mate - that was an abysmal result...I'm usually pretty sanguine...and usually at away matches...I don't know how many you get to...I imagine as a norther red you were there tonight?

It wasn't good enough, we should have seen it out. But the reaction Is, as ever, completely OTT.

Charlton equaling out I guess. Thought we were going to sneak over the line, but it is what it is. The game as a whole maybe the most we deserved, but with ten seconds to go...

Other than the goals, cannot think of a real chance we created. Can think of plenty they did. Changing the defence at the stage we did seemed odd, but not sure it would have made much difference in the end. Very obviously not playing that well at the moment. 

3 minutes ago, kit said:

For all the watkins haters he was wolrd class compared to semenyo. The ball just didnt stick at all after the sub. I've not seen anything from semenyo that even looks football league standard.

When Dave is available again we won’t be seeing Semenyo any more I don’t think. Similarly O’Dowda playing Centre Mid is only a short term thing. Quicker Smith gets back (almost given up on Nagy tbh) the better.

That was a really poor last 20 against a side who will most likely go down this season. Barnsley could and should have scored at least a couple before the equaliser eventually came. Defensively, that’s 4 dreadful goals conceded against relegation fodder in the last 2 games. 

Injuries and suspensions aren’t helping at the moment but even allowing for that we should be holding on far more comfortably against a team like Barnsley. 

7 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

really? that was predictable and abysmal...50 years I've watched City, and I watch them home and away...thank heavens I wasn't watching that tripe this evening against a pitifully poor Barnsley side - we have great squad and a manager who has won sweet fa...and will win nothing. It's beyond frustrating.

Your nonsense is beyond frustrating.

Another disjointed performance but with so many changes of personnel it was hardly surprising and losing Josh to injury.

It is gutting losing a goal in the last minute of injury time but we did just that recently so karma I guess.

Bentley , again , is keeping us in so many matches and papering over the cracks .

We are scrapping away and a point is not to be sniffed at. 

Credit to the lads for their hard work . 

We need to regroup and try to get some coherence in our play. 

Feels like a defeat right now. Shows yet again what a really tough place the Championship is. Barnsley didn’t look like a team who are bottom of the league and deserved a point, Bentley was MotM and made two brilliant saves in the first half. 

However, being two up with 15 minutes left we have got to manage the game much better. Another goal conceded from a corner (both Wigan’s goals came from corners) meant Barnsley had hope and our naive play and inability to keep the ball allowed them to equalise.

Lets hope that Josh’s injury isn’t serious. With so many key players out injured /  suspended IMO we have to be content with our league position. 

At the end of the season we might well look back on the last two 2-2 draws as being crucial to our final league position.

Archived