IGNORED

Barnsley v City Match Day 15

Davefevs

Just now, BS4 on Tour... said:

Why does someone ALWAYS post stuff like this just because Bristol City fans are upset at throwing away a 0-2 lead against a team at the bottom of the table, a team that hasn’t won a game of football since August 3rd ....

Because it's true.

A number of the posts on here have been pathetic, childlike overreactions.

6 minutes ago, CiderHider said:

How that challenge on Massengo didn't get a red card.

I have half a mind to call the Police and report a physical assault, just because its on a football pitches doesnt mean you can do it.

I used to like Barnsley, now i want a comet to strike them

Yeh could easily have gone for that. 

7 minutes ago, Nathandao said:

Oh shut up. We are a good side.

Not without Diedhiou, and playing Watkins up front. We looked like we're at the end of our elastic. A really poor result against the League's bottom side. No excesses. We'll have to play miles better at Cardiff to get a point.

3 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

mate - that was an abysmal result...I'm usually pretty sanguine...and usually at away matches...I don't know how many you get to...I imagine as a norther red you were there tonight?

We've all seen poor performances, home and away, but I don't think you need to have attended a game to qualify to respond to some of the hysteria on Otib. 

Just now, BS4 on Tour... said:

Why does someone ALWAYS post stuff like this just because Bristol City fans are upset at throwing away a 0-2 lead against a team at the bottom of the table, a team that hasn’t won a game of football since August 3rd ....

There's being upset, which is completely understandable in the circumstances, and then there's writing the season off and wanting the manager sacked.

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

...because they like to think that unlike 'children' they are big hard men.

Strange subs. Also what's with making a double substitution immediately after scoring? He did similar the other day(can't remember who against) but we were getting nicely on top, double subs around the hour and opposition scored! 

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

2 defeats in 15 games with literally half a team out injured. A disappointing result yes. But absolutely no perspective at all.

It's nothing to do with perspective Chip. Realistically the only players out injured that potentially will improve us are Dasilva and Nagy. There's no way they're suddenly going to turn that shower of shit into something resembling a team. Couldn't put three passes together, and Barnsley were appalling. 

10 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

That was a poor end to a poor match. Awful quality all round.  Neither side could string any passes together. We had zero ability to hold it in midfield for any period. Quite why we couldn’t just hold onto it for 5 minutes and see the game out is beyond me. Hoofing it away and hoping the defence, that inexplicably gets changed, holds firm. 

Semenyo looked like he’d played 90 minutes at 6pm. The only urgency I saw from him was to try and get in a scrap. Awful touch, awful pass. 

A fair result on balance of chances created, but that match is the end of our lucky ride given injuries. We need some back ASAP (as good as it was to see Kalas back). 

Cant help but feel that with Smith, Brownhill, Nagy etc, we’d have had the basic nous to see that one out. 

A fair, but incredibly frustrating point, really should have been 3. 

Semenyo isn't good enough tbf

1 minute ago, Curr Avon said:

Not without Diedhiou, and playing Watkins up front. We looked like we're at the end of our elastic. A really poor result against the League's bottom side. No excesses. We'll have to play miles better at Cardiff to get a point.

It was Watkins coming OFF that messed us up tonight.

Just now, Red Exile said:

...justify that performance then...

It was a poor performance, a draw probably fair. From my seat O'Dowda was denied a clear penalty and Massengo was kicked  off the ball as well as an off the ground 2 footed tackle going unpunished.  None of those make our performance any better but every single one of those is a huge decision that changes the game

What was particularly frustrating was that there was a point at 2-1 where we passed through their lines with ease, and then moved the ball backwards again.

Despite all of that, and the fact the performance wasn't great, your posts have been beyond pathetic and akin to a 5 year old throwing a tantrum.

2 minutes ago, Chivs said:

And still haven't won a game.  What's your ****ing point?

My ***ing point is that we were 0-2 up against a team at the bottom of the table, a team that hadn’t won a game for ******* months, a team that had only won ONE game this season - so you are not at all pissed off that we didn’t manage to see out the game and go second in the table?! You are happy with a draw when we we were 0-2 up and yet managed to convert that into a 2-2 draw with ten seconds to go ..... 

16 minutes ago, Fatalist said:

On the few occasions we took the game to them, they looked weak at the back. I stead we sat back, didn't keep the ball , let them come at us. Should have that sewn up by 70 minutes.

Stead..........now THERE is a quality Striker!!

1 minute ago, Loco Rojo said:

We've all seen poor performances, home and away, but I don't think you need to have attended a game to qualify to respond to some of the hysteria on Otib. 

hysteria?...that was a truly awful result from 2-0 up...I mean seriously, we were second at the time against a team that was bottom...quote me a poorer end to a match...I can't think of one...it was abysmal!

6 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

except you've not been watching for 394 years have you? Don't be daft. And you're the one telling people to 'grow up'. 

It wouldn't be relevant if I had, much like your age is irrelevant to your temper tantrum earlier. 

2 minutes ago, reddoc said:

It's nothing to do with perspective Chip. Realistically the only players out injured that potentially will improve us are Dasilva and Nagy. There's no way they're suddenly going to turn that shower of shit into something resembling a team. Couldn't put three passes together, and Barnsley were appalling. 

Both those players make a huge difference - Nagy controlled both games he played in and is the player we miss in midfield to put a foot on the ball. 

We do however need a striker up top to help Fammy out. 

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

It was a poor performance, a draw probably fair. From my seat O'Dowda was denied a clear penalty and Massengo was kicked  off the ball as well as an off the ground 2 footed tackle going unpunished.  None of those make our performance any better but every single one of those is a huge decision that changes the game

What was particularly frustrating was that there was a point at 2-1 where we passed through their lines with ease, and then moved the ball backwards again.

Despite all of that, and the fact the performance wasn't great, your posts have been beyond pathetic and akin to a 5 year old throwing a tantrum.

It was a dive. He knew he couldn't make it so he fell.

If sky highlights show it in different angles you'll see 

6 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Another disjointed performance but with so many changes of personnel it was hardly surprising and losing Josh to injury.

It is gutting losing a goal in the last minute of injury time but we did just that recently so karma I guess.

Bentley , again , is keeping us in so many matches and papering over the cracks .

We are scrapping away and a point is not to be sniffed at. 

Credit to the lads for their hard work . 

We need to regroup and try to get some coherence in our play. 

Stop taking sense - this is OTIB. 

Archived