IGNORED

Barnsley v City Match Day 15

Davefevs

4 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Assuming you're referring to the one towards the end, he wasn't. He was possibly fouled outside the box but then by the time he'd gone into the box and thrown himself down, the defender had let him go.

I've already addressed this.

I've only had the live view from my seat and I saw contact in the area as well as multiple instances beforehand from the challenges he 'rode'.

21 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Well yeah the midfield is pretty pathetic. But we rarely keep a clean sheet. Kalas disappointing for me

In fairness he's been out for 2months so needs to get match fitness/sharpness back.

I thnk we all agree that Afobe is a huge loss, but think we have missed Nagy to keep things more secure in front  of the back 4.

2 minutes ago, J-mat said:

Where's the insult? 

You had a tantrum. 

You are, and I'm entitled to tell you it's childish. 

...and 'childish' and 'tantrum' aren't intended as insults? hmm. Hey ho. Water off a duck's back. I've been regular in here for years.

Anyone anything other than incensed by that result has a different relationship with City's results to me. And I envy you in a way because I'm furious after that showing.

2 minutes ago, tin said:

Two poor sides tonight, but we should’ve won. All goals from a defensive point of view were abysmal to concede. 

Thought we looked comfortable for an hour, despite carrying Watkins, sat back and the wheels cane off. Two points dropped against a poor side with a novice interim manager.

It was O’Dowda we carried not Watkins imo.

11 minutes ago, reddoc said:

It's nothing to do with perspective Chip. Realistically the only players out injured that potentially will improve us are Dasilva and Nagy. There's no way they're suddenly going to turn that shower of shit into something resembling a team. Couldn't put three passes together, and Barnsley were appalling. 

You’re forgetting Korey.

Plus Dheidou and Afobe (if he returns) are also better than we had available up front tonight.

So, five players who improve us compared to our best available players tonight.

Oh and that “shower of shit” has lost 2 in 15. Not to say they weren’t poor tonight however.

Like I said, perspective.

6 minutes ago, reddoc said:

Charlton did deserve to draw

Perhaps we should adopt the default position that City never deserve a win.

That way a draw will not be so much of a let down and a win will wildly exceed expectations. :) 

How we managed to get 2 up is a mystery. We didn't create anything from open play and scored from 2 corners.  

At that point, we actually looked like we were on top and the substitutions seemed to put us on the back foot.  We were getting 10 men behind the ball, but no one was challenging.

Another 2 goal lead chucked away aling with the chance tobe joint top. With the weekend games coming up, we will probably end up mid table again. What a tight league this is.

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It ain’t humorous James - ‘bed wetting’ is used on here to criticise people who are not happy - it’s quite pathetic ...

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Oh, like "happy clapper" is used to mock those who don't assume the end of the world every time we fail to win?

I think Im a happy bed wetter.

That would at least explain the warm damp patch on the sofa!

5 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I'll be at every match I am able to go to.

Currently sat on the coach going home now, so you can shove that pathetic attempt to deride me where the sun doesn't shine.

mate...I think you'll find you were deriding me! But fair play for making the way there tonight.

6 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Bed wetting is being used as a way to humourously describe the over the top reactions of a handful of posters on here.

If you are offended by that then take a look at your own reactions and have a think.

Spot on,it’s a lefty comeback for the snowflake right,all pathetic but hey ho if it gets your knickers in a twist then I guess it works 

Blindingly obvious what the problems are and what strengths we have. As others have said over the weeks Bentley is class and keeping us in games that we might otherwise lose. We have conceded 21 goals in 15 league games this season. Why? Personnel changes, injuries? All the previous? You defend from the front and midfield and we do not have front players holding the ball up, midfielders who do the same and can create an attacking threat from defensive situations late in games. Yes we've scored a few on the break occasionally but we overplay too often and slow the game down. We give the ball away too often. Shots on target every week is low, 3 tonight! Barnsley wanted that result and they worked their socks off in all areas of the pitch and deserved to win the game, if it wasn't for two poor defensive lapses. Our league position is good but this will not continue unless we can shut teams out when we are ahead. LJ talks of young players etc and I am not going to give people in here an opportunity to start ranting over my opinions over certain players I feel aren't Championship quality now or in the future. I've played, coached and watched city for 48 years so know about the game, as many in here do. Any sport is about opinions but the good about this side is offset by a lot of average players, home grown and recruited, who when the chips are down do not show the aggression, passion and quality regularly enough to keep us top 6. Fair play to Barnsley tonight. Happy to clap them off as they put in a shift as did some of the boys in Black.

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

You’re forgetting Korey.

Plus Dheidou and Afobe (if he returns) are also better than we had available up front tonight.

So, five players who improve us compared to our best available players tonight.

Oh and that “shower of shit” has lost 2 in 15. Not to say they weren’t poor tonight however.

Like I said, perspective.

It's not just tonight is it. Wigan, Luton, Reading. We are a horrible team to watch. We should have the same philosophy whoever we have playing for us. I fail to see any plan and can you honestly say performances have improved? League position yes, but in a football sense we look clueless more often than not.

Hopefully Brownhills injury isn’t to bad . We’ve been so unlucky with injuries to key players. That definitely hasn’t helped our fluency in our play. Palmer with Afobe up front. Nagy in midfield. We would of won that . Stating the obvious but it is a huge factor in our performances at the moment 

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

And a number of the posts on here are completely understandable, rational and sensible - we have failed dismally vs Luton, Wigan and Barnsley - ‘bed wetting’ is an immature reaction to proper City fans being pissed off at our failure to beat the weaker teams in this division (not league)....

I don't think there are any weak teams in this league?..........Literally on their day, any team can beat any other team in the Championship....... Just observe some of the results that Leeds, Swansea and Fulham have suffered?  Everyone is rightly frustrated at losing 2 points in the final seconds, and we do need to see games out?..............But we are not the only team that this happens to!

4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

If we are deciding to go all out defence then we need to keep Taylor Moore on surely! Even having him as a defensive midfielder 

Might have to if Brownhill is out. Need Rowe at LB and there's not much option in the midfield is there? 

2 minutes ago, Chivs said:

Exactly!

Haha, ok. Thing is though I haven't seen a game this season where we obviously were the better team, and we bang on about if Afobe hadn't got injured, or we'd got Neketiah rather than Leeds we'd be top 6 at end of the season, but how does that miraculously turn our midfield into players that can control and pass the ball effectively?

Archived