IGNORED

Barnsley v City Match Day 15

Davefevs

3 minutes ago, maxjak said:

I don't think there are any weak teams in this league?..........Literally on their day, any team can beat any other team in the Championship....... Just observe some of the results that Leeds, Swansea and Fulham have suffered?  Everyone is rightly frustrated at losing 2 points in the final seconds, and we do need to see games out?..............But we are not the only team that this happens to!

I’m out of reactions - but ... “Like” ...

2 minutes ago, Pippintogg said:

Blindingly obvious what the problems are and what strengths we have. As others have said over the weeks Bentley is class and keeping us in games that we might otherwise lose. We have conceded 21 goals in 15 league games this season. Why? Personnel changes, injuries? All the previous? You defend from the front and midfield and we do not have front players holding the ball up, midfielders who do the same and can create an attacking threat from defensive situations late in games. Yes we've scored a few on the break occasionally but we overplay too often and slow the game down. We give the ball away too often. Shots on target every week is low, 3 tonight! Barnsley wanted that result and they worked their socks off in all areas of the pitch and deserved to win the game, if it wasn't for two poor defensive lapses. Our league position is good but this will not continue unless we can shut teams out when we are ahead. LJ talks of young players etc and I am not going to give people in here an opportunity to start ranting over my opinions over certain players I feel aren't Championship quality now or in the future. I've played, coached and watched city for 48 years so know about the game, as many in here do. Any sport is about opinions but the good about this side is offset by a lot of average players, home grown and recruited, who when the chips are down do not show the aggression, passion and quality regularly enough to keep us top 6. Fair play to Barnsley tonight. Happy to clap them off as they put in a shift as did some of the boys in Black.

Yep.........we do lack leaders and strong personalities in the team.  And holding the ball up and passing to a team mate would be innovative?

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

I was commenting on your pathetic response to tonights game.

Well, I think that's unfair, but hey...I've calmed down. Jesus wept that was a poor end to the game!

Thing is...I can't understand how people retain their calm. We all love City...I've been watching awful endings like that for decades...that was such a predictably awful ending to the game.

If others can take that with a shrug I envy them...I can't. I'm usually at matches and keep it to myself.

29 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

It was O’Dowda we carried not Watkins imo.

Disagree. COD was a square peg in a round hole. Watkins put himself about but couldn’t run the channels and was behind the play when we attacked, eg totally ineffective. 

Take COD or Watkins off instead of Moore, move Moore into holding midfield would’ve been a more logical tactical option. 

6 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

You’re forgetting Korey.

Plus Dheidou and Afobe (if he returns) are also better than we had available up front tonight.

So, five players who improve us compared to our best available players tonight.

Oh and that “shower of shit” has lost 2 in 15. Not to say they weren’t poor tonight however.

Like I said, perspective.

I'm accepting the points with enormous gratitude, but I'd still argue we haven't won any game I've seen this season convincingly. I only comment on those I watch. I'm completely unconvinced that Afobe , who we're obviously not going to see again or Famara as a poor alternative is going to improve our insipid midfield. Love Korey, but he has his limitations and it'll take him 3 or 4 competitive games to get anywhere near his best.

47 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Massengo had a chance to put his foot through it but stood off. On such fine margins do things turn. Being fair, Barnsley did well and kept going. We were too panicky at the end.

Agreed he should have buried that in row z

I'm not sure I know where I am anymore !!!! - sometimes this forum makes me feel like a derided happy clapper, other times I feel like I'm one of the (newly created) bed-wetters!

All I really know - is that after soooooo many years I would just really really really like my club to just do the right thing. I can live without Premier League football, and I can/have to live with getting beat by the better team - but to be 2 up with 15 to go against the bottom side in the league when we think we're mixing it up with the big boys is simply not good enough. 

If you can excuse tonight's result then good luck - this sort of 'nearly there' mediocrity goes on for years and years and years ...............   

2 minutes ago, handballbygordonparr said:

I'm not sure I know where I am anymore !!!! - sometimes this forum makes me feel like a derided happy clapper, other times I feel like I'm one of the (newly created) bed-wetters!

All I really know - is that after soooooo many years I would just really really really like my club to just do the right thing. I can live without Premier League football, and I can/have to live with getting beat by the better team - but to be 2 up with 15 to go against the bottom side in the league when we think we're mixing it up with the big boys is simply not good enough. 

If you can excuse tonight's result then good luck - this sort of 'nearly there' mediocrity goes on for years and years and years ...............   

The happy clappers will excuse anything 

8 minutes ago, handballbygordonparr said:

You could go follow Man City instead, and win all the time.... and do us all a favour

7 minutes ago, handballbygordonparr said:

That sums it up perfectly

18 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I've already addressed this.

I've only had the live view from my seat and I saw contact in the area as well as multiple instances beforehand from the challenges he 'rode'.

It's annoying isn't it? When refs seem to play advantage then fail to pull back for the original foul. Fair play to Cod for staying on his feet. Should've been a free kick anyway IMO. 

Barnsley deserved the draw tonight and imho we picked up 6 points we didn't deserve in the 4 games prior to that. Whilst we are all disappointed in not picking up 3 points tonight, if you got up the points gained in the last 5 games, we have to count ourselves very lucky bunnies. I am more than happy with current position given our injuries and how the games have panned out. In view of the players coming back, we can only get better. COYR's

If we had been 2 down and came back to 2-2 would people's opinions be different? I was absolutely gutted that we conceded 2 in the last 10 minutes but it's the way we caved in is  what's upset  most people. We didn't play well but our game management was shocking. I know they have had some decent results but they are bottom for a reason and after we'd gone 2 up we should have shut up shop and played the game out and not give them a sniff but we sat so bloody deep and kept hitting long aimless balls to nobody. I think more people are annoyed at the way we threw away 2 points when we should have had all 3.

2 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Barnsley deserved the draw tonight and imho we picked up 6 points we didn't deserve in the 4 games prior to that. Whilst we are all disappointed in not picking up 3 points tonight, if you got up the points gained in the last 5 games, we have to count ourselves very lucky bunnies. I am more than happy with current position given our injuries and how the games have panned out. In view of the players coming back, we can only get better. COYR's

Deluded!! With LJ at the helm this club will never achieve top 6. 

Poor result after being 2-0 up...but objectively speaking Barnsley deserved the draw. We were awful in the first half and lucky to be a goal ahead. In the first part of the second half I thought we improved and, after Weimann’s goal, it looked like we’d see the game out comfortably, but once they’d scored we just seemed to sit back and couldn’t keep hold of the ball. Massengo was at fault for the equaliser but throughout the game we were opened up too easily. 

14 minutes ago, handballbygordonparr said:

you've put it better than I - in my meltdown frustration - could have done. Thank you!

1 minute ago, Make a Sub said:

Maybe! But you’re still deluded. Mid table come Xmas ‘mate’ and that also will be factual. 

Well it’s not remotely factual, it’s just your negative prediction. We’ll see. We should be mid table now given half our first team squad are unavailable yet we still keep getting decent results.

And I’m deluded because I think we’re 5th? Not sure where you’re coming from, just stating a categorical fact. 

Archived