IGNORED

Barnsley v City Match Day 15

Davefevs

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Can’t recall ‘happy clapper’ being used on here much this season ... if at all ... but ‘bed wetter’ ? Every bloody matchday thread ...

Why limiting to this season?

You were going back to last season for things like home form (even though that is completely irrelevant to this season considering personnel changes)

Be consistent BS4. "Happy Clappers" is a term that has been used on here ample times, you are being disingenuous pretending that that isn't so.

Just now, OldlandReddies said:

I feel your pain, but you are over reacting. Sleep on it, look at the table, and think again.

It’s just pathetic. 

It’s one of the most competitive leagues in the world. We will drop points where we shouldn’t (tonight) and we will gain points when we don’t deserve them (Sunday). 

Them’s the breaks, that’s football. 

ONE team in the league has more points than us right now. Yet reading this forum you’d think we were the only team who ever dropped points. Get a grip!

19 minutes ago, handballbygordonparr said:

I'm not sure I know where I am anymore !!!! - sometimes this forum makes me feel like a derided happy clapper, other times I feel like I'm one of the (newly created) bed-wetters!

All I really know - is that after soooooo many years I would just really really really like my club to just do the right thing. I can live without Premier League football, and I can/have to live with getting beat by the better team - but to be 2 up with 15 to go against the bottom side in the league when we think we're mixing it up with the big boys is simply not good enough. 

If you can excuse tonight's result then good luck - this sort of 'nearly there' mediocrity goes on for years and years and years ...............   

Brave for a relative newcomer, but really how can anybody argue your not spot on.

10 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

You could go follow Man City instead, and win all the time.... and do us all a favour

With all due respect, that’s a disproportionate response to @handballbygordonparr‘s post ... being upset, disillusioned and confused by our team’s performances does not need you to question commitment and passion - we care about Bristol City - telling us to go and support Man City makes people wonder whether you do ...

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

It’s just pathetic. 

It’s one of the most competitive leagues in the world. We will drop points where we shouldn’t (tonight) and we will gain points when we don’t deserve them (Sunday). 

Them’s the breaks, that’s football. 

ONE team in the league has more points than us right now. Yet reading this forum you’d think we were the only team who ever dropped points. Get a grip!

I blame Barnsley.

How dare they have the gall to try and win their game tonight!

The only slight positive I can draw from tonight is that in previous seasons under LJ, we would have lost that game tonight. And we have Bentley to thank for that. But that’s about it for positivity.

I know we have injured players out, but even so, the performances recently have been generally dire. In fact, we haven’t played well for weeks. The biggest problem is midfield and until that is sorted, we can expect more of the same. We are in one of LJ’s runs, where he doesn’t really know what to do, so he is shuffling through his options - Semenyo, Rodri or Watkins; Massengo, CO’D, Palmer, Eliasson. Nothing seems to be working consistently, in large part because we don’t seem to know our own strengths or how to play to them.

12 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

You could go follow Man City instead, and win all the time.... and do us all a favour

Oh, and just for the record the last time I watched Man City was in the late 70's at the Gate - I think we won 1-0

You? ....................Last year on TV in the Carabao cup maybe ??? 

36 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

Might have to if Brownhill is out. Need Rowe at LB and there's not much option in the midfield is there? 

Yeah maybe. It depends what formation we play. I'd trust him in there though.

7 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Why limiting to this season?

You were going back to last season for things like home form (even though that is completely irrelevant to this season considering personnel changes)

Be consistent BS4. "Happy Clappers" is a term that has been used on here ample times, you are being disingenuous pretending that that isn't so.

Home form is discussing things on the pitch - ‘bed wetting’ and ‘happy clapping’ is discussing things on here, off the pitch - no correlation - ‘bed wetting’ is still a pathetic phrase...

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

With all due respect, that’s a disproportionate response to @handballbygordonparr‘s post ... being upset, disillusioned and confused by our team’s performances does not need you to question commitment and passion - we care about Bristol City - telling us to go and support Man City makes people wonder whether you do ...

I can accept that we won't win every game.. that guy doesn't seem to be able to. That's what I said BS

2 minutes ago, handballbygordonparr said:

Oh, and just for the record the last time I watched Man City was in the late 70's at the Gate - I think we won 1-0

You? ....................Last year on TV in the Carabao cup maybe ??? 

I'm not the least bit interested in them . On the other hand, i don't go into melt down the second BRISTOL City don't win a  game they are supposed to win. Unlike some on here

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Why does someone ALWAYS post stuff like this just because Bristol City fans are upset at throwing away a 0-2 lead against a team at the bottom of the table, a team that hasn’t won a game of football since August 3rd ....

....and a team that less than two weeks ago threw away a two goal lead in an away match against a team who are top of the league!

That was a god awful performamce from us, but the biggest takeaway from me was how it was never a red for their guy, it was an absolutely horrendous challenge and looked really bad in real time, the replay was even worse.

We were very poor but should have played out against 10 men.

2 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

:laugh: it seems we have come a long way in recent times if we're all pissed off that we aren't joint top tonight because we only drew an away game.

Club still is going in the right direction, and I think deep down even the cup half drank lot know really

...and posting as someone who this evening is definitely glass half empty...I agree with you. Despite my doubts I hope I'm proved wrong...we go again as LJ will doubtless say sometime soon.

Roll on Cardiff...for which we have tickets...

11 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Home form is discussing things on the pitch - ‘bed wetting’ and ‘happy clapping’ is discussing things on here, off the pitch - no correlation - ‘bed wetting’ is still a pathetic phrase...

One that describes pathetic reactions very well.

Archived