IGNORED

Barnsley v City Match Day 15

Davefevs

1 minute ago, Red Exile said:

...and posting as someone who this evening is definitely glass half empty...I agree with you. Despite my doubts I hope I'm proved wrong...we go again as LJ will doubtless say sometime soon.

Roll on Cardiff...for which we have tickets...

We are due to do them on their own patch . COYRRRRRRR!

That was really shite.

Lucky to get anything from that in the end. I don’t remember the last time we had a complete performance and we’re sitting in 5th!  

We’ve been fortunate with results. I don’t enjoy going to home games much these days and we get the odd away win.

Don’t usually criticise LJ but again, that was really shite.

2 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

That was really shite.

Lucky to get anything from that in the end. I don’t remember the last time we had a complete performance and we’re sitting in 5th!  

We’ve been fortunate with results. I don’t enjoy going to home games much these days and we get the odd away win.

Don’t usually criticise LJ but again, that was really shite.

Honestly can't remember the last home game I enjoyed 

It's like a chore going down these days. 

Not one bit enjoyable. People have been sucked into believing that this is the best we can/should hope for....it's just accepted now 

No where near good enough 

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

Not one bit enjoyable. People have been sucked into believing that this is the best we can/should hope for....it's just accepted now 

I think the injuries have played a part in LJ’s defence and we have managed to be tough to beat. However, the football isn’t entertaining and I’m yet to see what our identity is?

3 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

I agree Andy...I accept I'm on a negative roll this evening, but hey...let it all out! It's like our talented players are shackled to a ball and chain when they play at home...or maybe they just aren't that good? Thing is, they look really sharp away from home. 

1 hour ago, Abingdon Red said:

Why did we take Taylor Moore off, the defence seemed to be doing ok without needing to make a change?

Taylor must have been injured surely?

Our defence always looks weaker with Baker playing.

He's certainly not the man to bring on to shore up the defence if you're anticipating a likely onslaught from a desperate team losing at home.

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

....just like ‘happy clapping’ ...

Except that isn't the case.

"Happy clapping" gets thrown at people who don't assume the worst, if it was exclusively used towards people who refused to acknowledge any criticism towards the team then you would have a point, but it isn't because there is no one who pretends there are no issues.

"Bed wetters" has only been used in response to the most pathetic of overreactions.

You are making a false equivalence.

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

Except that isn't the case.

"Happy clapping" gets thrown at people who don't assume the worst, if it was exclusively used towards people who refused to acknowledge any criticism towards the team then you would have a point, but it isn't because there is no one who pretends there are no issues.

"Bed wetters" has only been used in response to the most pathetic of overreactions.

You are making a false equivalence.

Ok, night night .... a rainy Saturday awaits.. oh joy!

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

Your nonsense is beyond frustrating.

You'll have a better idea of what frustration really means when you've been watching City for 50 years like @Redexile  or indeed myself.

It's not a typical post from @Redexile, far from it, and it took me by surprise, but his decades of support means he's earnt the right to vent his frustration and shoot from the hip occasionally.

That's what a forum's for; I've little doubt he'll be fully behind the club again on Sunday week, as always, hoping for better.

Afaic. you can leave out criticising such a loyal, time served supporter until you've put 50 years in yourself James.

1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

You'll have a better idea of what frustration really means when you've been watching City for 50 years like @Redexile  or indeed myself.

It's not a typical post from @Redexile, far from it, and it took me by surprise, but his decades of support means he's earnt the right to vent his frustration and shoot from the hip occasionally.

That's what a forum's for; I've little doubt he'll be fully behind the club again on Sunday week, as always, hoping for better.

Afaic. you can leave out criticising such a loyal, time served supporter until you've put 50 years in yourself James.

50 year or 5 years everyones entitled to their opinions.

4 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

In other words you're saying your opinion means more because you are older.

Which is bollocks.

54 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

I agree Andy...I accept I'm on a negative roll this evening, but hey...let it all out! It's like our talented players are shackled to a ball and chain when they play at home...or maybe they just aren't that good? Thing is, they look really sharp away from home. 

Apart from the last 20 mins tonight? 

I may be speaking out of turn but here goes. 

Thought City were lucky to take the lead but then controlled it and crafted a second from then on mind it seemed like you didn't know if to stick or twist. 

Sloppy marking let's them back in and you dropped deeper again. The tackle on Massengo was poor but wasn't a factor for me.

This league is beautifully unscripted and 30 games plus to go will see us all go through the same. 

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

Shocking challenges 

The second tackle looks bad enough in full speed, but the first kick is blatant and not even trying to play the ball. Very clear to see in the slow motion replay.

Worse than it looked at the time, and even then it looked like a red. Awful. But then the ref gave us absolutely nothing second half. It was as though he’d been spoken to at half time about whatever gripe they had about our first goal ( no idea what) and he lost his bottle. They were getting away with pushes, shirt tugging, obstruction, the works. But that should have been one yellow and one red, no question. 

4 hours ago, OwlsonlineAdmin said:

I may be speaking out of turn but here goes. 

Thought City were lucky to take the lead but then controlled it and crafted a second from then on mind it seemed like you didn't know if to stick or twist. 

Sloppy marking let's them back in and you dropped deeper again. The tackle on Massengo was poor but wasn't a factor for me.

This league is beautifully unscripted and 30 games plus to go will see us all go through the same. 

There will be many similar. We were lucky to be 1-0 and it looked like we were in control at 2-0 but some how it seemed that they always had one more player than us in the second half and our marking was poor. Everyone keeps on about a striker in the next transfer window but I think not only a striker but we are lacking something in midfield also. The team LJ has at the moment is good but not solid enough in every position to guarantee a top two. It looks though we do have the best goal keeper in the championship or instead of 2-2 it could of been 4-2 

6 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

bless you @Nogbad the Bad...calm reigns once again in the Red Exile household this morning...onwards and hopefully upwards!

:city:

I think that was the most disappointing result of the season so far in its relevant context.

Yes i thought City played way off their best, lots of sloppy passes particularly stands out. I thought Watkins did OK, tried hard but he lacks a consistent football brain. 

2 nil up with much of the match done and you can perhaps forgive sublime quality to break open City but this was Barnsley; a team that for sure tried hard but lacked quality all over the pitch.

The issue of conceding late goals goes back to the beginning of LJ's tenure and I have come to the conclusion that he lacks a late game management brain. We have a better team now than when he arrived but this problem persists and frankly always has. If that is something he cannot master then he has to have a team and bench full of goal scorers; he doesn't and until then we will fall short. 1 or 2 teams are going to break out of the pack soon and we may see a gap opening up that City will not be able to bridge.

6 minutes ago, City oz said:

There will be many similar. We were lucky to be 1-0 and it looked like we were in control at 2-0 but some how it seemed that they always had one more player than us in the second half and our marking was poor. Everyone keeps on about a striker in the next transfer window but I think not only a striker but we are lacking something in midfield also. The team LJ has at the moment is good but not solid enough in every position to guarantee a top two. It looks though we do have the best goal keeper in the championship or instead of 2-2 it could of been 4-2 

When did you sign Keiren Westwood? 

Archived