IGNORED

Barnsley v City Match Day 15

Davefevs

2 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Need to get COD off at HT, he has been a virtual passenger, lets have Palmer on with the opportunities to pass into the channels against Barnsley's narrow defence.

He’s done a few decent things, but early on w/o the ball I think he needs to fill LM, or else Massengo gets exposed.  Palmer tracks back into LM - not brilliantly but he does do it.  Massengo better when Rowe went alongside him.

1 minute ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Bit of niggle between Taylor Moore and Wilks at the end there, what`s that about?

Moore caught him heavily (but fairly) a minute or so after Wilks’s shot....imagine it’s because of that.  Got a bit of ball and a lot of man.

1 minute ago, NewquayRed said:

Reckon KC will have a field day once this lot tire after 60mims 

Don't know about KC (?) with these conditions we could do with his Sunshine Band!

Just now, RedRock said:

Shape. What shape? Midfield non-existent. Callum do something. Anything!

Bents. Brilliant. 

We’re winning.

Step it up a few notches lads.

The midfield hasn’t covered enough spaces / gaps horizontally across the pitch. The 2-1 with O’Dowda at the tip is great with the ball, but he must filter back in w/o it imho.

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Average cross.  Awful marking.  Goal. Ashley

Very David Coleman-esque commentary there Fevs - like it! Coleman never wasted words, very underrated commentator - “Osgood....one nil” was one of my favourites of his, he just let the pictures and the crowd reaction do the rest, no need to over dilute the situation with verbose wordage ... you’ve got a future behind the mic mate ...?

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Done really well.  Running those channels so much more effectively that say Diedhiou.

And a better touch when played into him. Unlucky with the through ball to Weimann but out of the fit strikers we have he's done the best when given a chance. 

2 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Yep pretty awful but massive plus is Watkins as I mentioned on other posts. Give him service  and he looks rather decent. Our striker options look better. He’s tall pacy and has touch 

He's not actually technically bad at all is he? Almost everything he did was good or decent. I think Palmer would add that bit of class in behind to get more out of Watkins and Weimann. But as it is there's no need to change anything. Let's try and tighten up a bit though.

Archived