IGNORED

Klopp whinging

Major Isewater

Poor old Liverpool, too many games ;

"The solutions? I think there are a few possible but the leagues have to sit and really discuss, and think about the players and maybe not about their wallet. »

Klopp .

Not thinking ‘ about their wallet ‘ ... whilst at the same time preparing for the FIFA equivalent of the Johnston’s DAF Windshields cup in the Middle East !!!

Liverpool have to play in Qatar for it’s what happens when you win Champions League.

Personally I think the Premier League and EFL knew they were going and could of moved there league fixture to earlier in the season. EFL could of had a back up plan ready, instead they have 2 games to arrange now and everyone panicking.

13 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

"The solutions? I think there are a few possible but the leagues have to sit and really discuss, and think about the players and maybe not about their wallet. »

Klopp .

Not thinking ‘ about their wallet ‘ ... whilst at the same time preparing for the FIFA equivalent of the Johnston’s DAF Windshields cup in the Middle East !!!

Could never accuse Liverpool FC of thinking about their wallet!

He's in general a pretty sensible bloke, however this time he sounds like a fool! 

20 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Klopp has every right to complain. He’s making a very reasonable point about the fixtures

Well that's cleared that up.

Seriously though, the bloke moans about every tiny little thing that doesn't go his way. As much as I like the character and his enthusiasm, he gets on my tits a lot.

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

He’s making a perfectly valid point though isn’t he? Participation in the nonsense cup in Qatar isn’t optional is it?

No its not, premier league have also ruled out moving a premier league game to accommodate needing to play the cup game before when the 1st semi final is due to be played, so Liverpool are potentially facing the prospect of having to play 3 games in 6 days or so early in december, then facing the christmas pile up as well

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

He’s making a perfectly valid point though isn’t he? Participation in the nonsense cup in Qatar isn’t optional is it?

No its not optional.

However with success comes extra games. Its what happens with cup football it is how it works. Also it is seen as a proof of concept for the World Cup. It is not like Liverpool were ever not going to enter the Champions league because of this tournament because they wouldn't want to play in it if they actually win the Champions League. Everyone knew it was coming.

They are still in the League Cup and had the opportunity to play players who might not get in the 11/16 that is upside not downside. 52694 Attendance. Is quite a lot of money to boot for a game, with the Qatar games will yield them untold wealth.

Klopp as manager makes comments and fair enough but I don't see anyone in the boardroom moaning and if they did it would be disingenuous.

2 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Are you a City fan or a Liverpool fan  ?

There are a fair few City/Liverpool fans in our fanbase, including several more than happy to admit it here on OTIB.

I'm hoping they're at least 70% -30% in favour of City to be posting on here - it is after all a BCFC 'fanatics' forum - but the whole idea of supporting 2 teams is completely alien to me.

Unless you've moved to Bristol from Liverpool and taken up supporting your local club, while keeping your previous allegiance, which would be understandable.

7 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

There are a fair few City/Liverpool fans in our fanbase, including several more than happy to admit it here on OTIB.

I'm hoping they're at least 70% -30% in favour of City to be posting on here - it is after all a BCFC 'fanatics' forum - but the whole idea of supporting 2 teams is completely alien to me.

Unless you've moved to Bristol from Liverpool and taken up supporting your local club, while keeping your previous allegiance, which would be understandable.

Liverpool are the second biggest team in Bristol

8 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I agree,  I don't even know how it's possible to support 2 different teams.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Klopp .

He’s crafty,moans all hell of a lot but then says something funny and flashes those gnashers and the press lap it up

14 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Absolutely. Completely alien concept to me and I genuinely can’t fathom how any true football supporter can say they support two teams. It just doesn’t compute with what it means (to me) to be a football supporter. 

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Klopp .

They’ve got to play every 2 days and some in Qatar . Other countries in Europe help their top teams out with fixtures . He quite right to have a moan 

4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

They’ve got to play every 2 days and some in Qatar . Other countries in Europe help their top teams out with fixtures . He quite right to have a moan 

You can't take the Sky money with one hand and whinge about playing more games .

31 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

I agree,  I don't even know how it's possible to support 2 different teams.

Depends doesn't it- part multiple I don't know, Irish, Spanish, English it can be quite likely you will have an English side ie hopefully a local one, a Spanish side, and obviously Ireland national team because why not.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Depends doesn't it- part multiple I don't know, Irish, Spanish, English it can be quite likely you will have an English side ie hopefully a local one, a Spanish side, and obviously Ireland national team because why not.

My point was from my point of view.  What happens if we draw Liverpool in a cup , do they celebrate both teams scoring  ? 

More should have been done to avoid this for sure but I can’t help but think this is why they have high salaries and big squads. They can only play 14 in each match and they would play some kids anyway. 

Qatar

Allison

TAA VVD Matip Robertson

Wijnaldum Fabinho Henderson

Salah Firmino Mane

Cup

Adrian

Williams Gomez Van den berg Milner

Keita Lallana Jones

Elliott Brewster Origi

Available subs

Ox, Lovren, Kelleher, Kane, Chrivella, Hoever, Lonergan, Lewis, Larouci 

Most of those have either played this season Or were big parts of their preseason. Also have a few more that were on the bench in earlier rounds. Can do the cup on Tuesday and CWC on Wed and the rest can fly out Wed morning to watch that game and be available if/when they progress. 

Again, not ideal and more could have been done to prevent this but is easily achievable. Can even mix and match a bit and make those sides a bit more even in terms of youth and experience. Remember the mid week CWC game is a semi final so chance for those that miss it can get on the pitch for the final

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

You can't take the Sky money with one hand and whinge about playing more games .

. We have the current European champions in this country and the premier league , F.A and EFL should help them out fixture wise , When they have games every two days . Trouble is sky are in control as we can see with our game tonight . If it was Spain as with Real Madrid recently . They make sure they don’t have a fixture pile up. 

5 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

. We have the current European champions in this country and the premier league , F.A and EFL should help them out fixture wise , When they have games every two days . Trouble is sky are in control as we can see with our game tonight . If it was Spain as with Real Madrid recently . They make sure they don’t have a fixture pile up. 

But that's the point , They happily take the money but whinge when Sky who are paying for the privilege won't do as they want. Muppets. 

Archived